• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Harley seems pretty good from what I've played of her. She seems to have some pretty ridiculous mixups.

Her trait might be Hsien-Ko tier though yeah, heh.

Dahbomb

Harley Quinn is not a bad character at all in terms of her normal game. It's her trait that's hit or miss. No way is she Hsien Ko tier although there is at least one similarity between the two. Don't take that tier list seriously, it was a joke tier list.

Harley Quinn is not a bad character at all in terms of her normal game. It's her trait that's hit or miss. No way is she Hsien Ko tier although there is at least one similarity between the two. Don't take that tier list seriously, it was a joke tier list.

Everything on GAF is 100% true! That's what they told me when I signed up.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Harley Quinn is not a bad character at all in terms of her normal game. It's her trait that's hit or miss. No way is she Hsien Ko tier although there is at least one similarity between the two. Don't take that tier list seriously.

She needs to either have some crazy high-damage reset setup that makes gambling for that 1/3 bomb worth it or needs to be able to use it to possibly convert in a situation where she wouldn't be able to convert anyway. Don't see how her trait is going to be useful in any way otherwise, but the game is young so who knows.

Dahbomb

Personally I hate any form of RNG/gamble element in FGs and so do most top players. They should probably rework that trait.

Superman vs Doomsday.... DESTINY BATTLE!!!

Superman is a hard counter to Doomsday by the way.

OMG Joker vs Batman... Another destiny battle!

sephi22

Everytime this Lantern jumps in front of the Lion heads and doesn't use it, it makes me wince. She missed so many opportunities for free 20% damage and knockdown on Deathstroker.

So bad.

Rorschach

Both of them really pick up games really fast.

I remember when Justin was on Marvel 3 at the first WNF, he destroyed everyone like omega free. Like he was playing a different game than everyone else.

Before that WNF, people were doubting Wolverine and Marn's Zero was the favorite, but Justin blew everyone up.

Guys, remember Tron and Chun Li? Yeah...

Wagers = "Hey, let's take the absolute worst part of MK9's design and make it completely stop the game for 10 seconds!"
The animation is really bad and abrasive, but the mechanic is pretty cool. The whole "fly toward the center of the screen bit" gets old fast. It's especially a shame since the game has animation I can appreciate otherwise.

kirblar

Breakers were fine, but if instead of the wagers and clash they just nerfed breakers to once per match, that would be better, yes.
We will have to disagree on Breakers. To me, they just ruined the flow of the game, especially since both players would essentially be breaker-ing repeatedly throughout the match since they were more useful than an X-Ray.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
We will have to disagree on Breakers. To me, they just ruined the flow of the game, especially since both players would essentially be breaker-ing repeatedly throughout the match since they were more useful than an X-Ray.

Breakers were fucking stupid in MK9, but clash is fine. The animation is grating but the mechanic itself is neat.

I'll take a frequently used defense mechanic over a lack of one where it would make a game more enjoyable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a place where you can find all the alts? I want to see if Aquaman has any good ones.

All I find is an incomplete shitty Test Your Might forum post.

How many alts does everyone have, besides DLC? Because if it's just the two outfits from the two universes, then very few characters have any good ones.

Dahbomb

Wagers are only 1 per player limit per match. That is completely acceptable and is dependent on who has the meter lead. MK was just really heavy on the combo breakers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How many alts does everyone have, besides DLC? Because if it's just the two outfits from the two universes, then very few characters have any good ones.
I think its 2 alts on top of the original costume.

And yeah I was thinking the same. At least the Arkham Asylum ones have decent ones because of non-NRS models being ported in.

I was dickriding Aquaman before it was cool
TRIDENTS ARE COOL

From watching the story mode, it seems that Harley, Cyborg, and Deathstroke have the best costumes. Maybe Nightwing too, I can't remember. He wasn't in the story all that often.

Both of them really pick up games really fast.

I remember when Justin was on Marvel 3 at the first WNF, he destroyed everyone like omega free. Like he was playing a different game than everyone else.

Floe also plays Akira in VF5:FS using only like 5 moves and still does really well, it's just general fighting game knowledge I guess. It still boggles my mind that Wolverine/Akuma was something Justin Wong had on week 1 of Vanilla.

That said, I don't know if either of them actually have "mastery" of any current game where they don't just get by on fundamentals.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haha, they basically reverse perfected eachother.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54387492]Is that Manhunter in the background?[/QUOTE]

Yup, just chilling.

Dahbomb

Between the comics and the recent Arrow tv series, Deathstoke was going to be a given favorite.

Looking like Death of Superman again.

edit:
Or not.
Read above a few posts. Superman is a hard counter against Doomsday. Doomsday is an armor grapple character... Superman's trait breaks armor and he can zone Doomsday out plus he can bait out his anti air throws and air dash escape into cross up.

DR2K

Banned
Wagers = "Hey, let's take the absolute worst part of MK9's design and make it completely stop the game for 10 seconds!"

It's a fairly solid comeback mechanic, it also has its risks and can only be used once. Works especially well with the way health works inplace of reset rounds.

Top Bottom