• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

sleepykyo

Not really. Marvel and DC have been trying to occupy similar markets forever. Doesn't mean it's likely, but I'm sure Chris Baker is not ignoring Injustice entirely.

Does Marvel even own any developers or have a publishing network? Last I remember, Disney just canceled 1313, shutdown Lucasart, etc. WB might want in on game making (NRS, Rocksteady, Monolith), but Disney seems content to sell licenses.

Dahbomb

Cable would get destroyed by MorriDoom. He's not going to have the meter to use AHVB and his limited mobility means he is going to block a lot of missiles and fists.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does Marvel even own any developers or have a publishing network? Last I remember, Disney just canceled 1313, shutdown Lucasart, etc. WB might want in on game making (NRS, Rocksteady, Monolith), but Disney seems content to sell licenses.
Don't think so. I think they strictly do licensing agreements, and it's always been that way.

Disney is all over the place right now. I have no idea what they're doing right now with the moves they're making with Lucasarts and Star Wars. I just pray the MCU remains unaffected because there it seems like they can do no wrong. Marvel might have a bit more autonomy than other divisions of Disney though, I remember some people working on Marvel stuff during the transition saying they will remain completely unaffected.

He could completely kill a character with 3 or 4 meters.
So Vergil, Spencer or most with a Level 3?

ZTS

Banned
What exactly does he have that the other 49 characters in 3 don't?

-1 frame full screen Hyper that can be comboed into itself and be confirmed off any move he does and then after is active can be angled around the screen.

-A beam projectile that can be angled around the screen same as the super which can be done in the air or ground

-A normal which is a a fast full screen projectile that he can then cancel into any one of his amazing zoning tools

-A completely invincible DP that can be canceled into above hyper that is also a projectile

Pretty much he'd just control the match against her.

Dahbomb

It was obviously sarcastic but Cable could nuke 2 characters from full screen off of an instant activation hyper but he has to burn through a good amount of meter. In UMVC3 the equivalent is Strange nuking 2 characters with 1 meter and XF.

No meter gained on whiff attacks means Cable is not going to have many AHVB situations. Anytime he jumps he is going to get locked by missiles like Hawkeye does due to no air mobility. He can't snipe Morrigan in AV because he will get hit by fireball from behind or missile from the top.

From a viewer perspective, I think injustice is just "ok" to watch. Certainly it is a bit better than MK9 but it also has much the same faults. It is just plain to look at to me and all the characters seem to look and move the same (and none of them impressively).

Certainly there is an element of ignorance clouding my enjoyment, and not knowing who the hell half the cast is doesn't help, but a lot of the moves still seem identical, just of a different colour.

If matches are relatively quick once it settles down I'll probably give watching it a go at major events. Can't see much else beyond that.

Pretty much he'd just control the match against her.

Can you expand on how he could be patched to make him more balanced in a game he doesn't exist in?

ZTS

Banned
Cable would get destroyed by MorriDoom. He's not going to have the meter to use AHVB and his limited mobility means he is going to block a lot of missiles and fists.

Ignorance. You didn't play Marvel 2, he kills your assists and Morrigan can't protect doom, he AV activation is unsafe against Cable, she literally is going to get bopped. There is no way MorrDoom beats Cable.

From a viewer perspective, I think injustice is just "ok" to watch. Certainly it is a bit better than MK9 but it also has much the same faults. It is just plain to look at to me and all the characters seem to look and move the same (and none of them impressively).

Certainly there is an element of ignorance clouding my enjoyment, and not knowing who the hell half the cast is doesn't help, but a lot of the moves still seem identical, just of a different colour.

If matches are relatively quick once it settles down I'll probably give watching it a go at major events. Can't see much else beyond that.
I'll give it time from a spectator perspective. I thought it was somewhat enjoyable to watch until the bad spam fests came on. It's hard to know how much of my enjoyment is just seeing new things, though.

Dahbomb

Ignorance. You didn't play Marvel 2, he kills your assists and Morrigan can't protect doom, he AV activation is unsafe against Cable, she literally is going to get bopped. There is no way MorrDoom beats Cable.
Ignorance on your part on both games. Morrigan only activates AV when she gets you to block HM. Calling missiles is not hard when you jump up above Cable's head so he can't beam you or if he tries to beam the assist he eats Soul Fist from above. Once missiles are active Cable would have to block due to no air mobility. AV activated and Cable has to hold that shit.

Most of what you said could theoretically be applied to Hawkeye as well. With threat of Gimlet XF Morrigan should never get an AV off but that's not what happens. Gimlet is omnidirectional as well as an instant hyper BUT Morrigan can unfly on time to make herself safe by reacting to the hyper flash. If she can avoid an omnidirectional instant hyper then she would have no trouble avoiding AHVB. One wasted AHVB, Cable has to pack it up just like Hawkeye.

I'll give it time from a spectator perspective. I thought it was somewhat enjoyable to watch until the bad spam fests came on. It's hard to know how much of my enjoyment is just seeing new things, though.

Yeah it is hard to say. Certainly seems like a step in the right direction though. Maybe MK10 will be pretty special.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Marvel is supposed to find a talented developer and set up a new publisher network to make a fighting game? Don't see it.
Yeah when you think of it that way, probably not. But if something is already on the table or Capcom has already been trying for it, it might happen quicker.

HoodWinked

tumblr_mh9f3jaodR1qk1depo1_500.png

ZTS

Banned
Ignorance on your part on both games. Morrigan only activates AV when she gets you to block HM. Calling missiles is not hard when you jump up above Cable's head so he can't beam you or if he tries to beam the assist he eats Soul Fist from above. Once missiles are active Cable would have to block due to no air mobility. AV activated and Cable has to hold that shit.

Most of what you said could theoretically be applied to Hawkeye as well. With threat of Gimlet XF Morrigan should never get an AV off but that's not what happens. Gimlet is omnidirectional as well as an instant hyper BUT Morrigan can unfly on time to make herself safe by reacting to the hyper flash. If she can avoid an omnidirectional instant hyper then she would no trouble avoiding AHVB. One wasted AHVB, Cable has to pack it up just like Hawkeye.

I don't even care anymore dude. I wrote this big long thing but fuck it it's pointless. You don't understand how much space Cable controls, you wont get it. I mean like cause all Sentinel was about MVC2 was getting above your head and flying and unflying and calling assists and you know that was like what a 7-3 match up in Cable's favor.

It's a dumb argument, Cable wont be in UMVC3. He's not going to get a chance to shoot her. Bang!

Dahbomb

Sentinel had a huge ass hit box which made him a perfect target for full screen gun shots and wasn't covered by Hidden Missiles. He also couldn't spit out double lingering fireballs that could come from behind you.

If this was just Morrigan vs Cable, Cable would win convincingly. It's not just her, you can't avoid the lockdown of missiles with a low mobility character no matter the space control because Cable has no way of negating missiles coming on top of his head nor does he have an answer to fireballs coming from behind him. And of course no meter gained on whiffing attacks which was a huge part of Cable's game plan. Hell if you could gain meter on whiff in UMVC3 a lot of characters would have a legit shot against Morrigan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even care anymore dude. I wrote this big long thing but fuck it it's pointless. You don't understand how much space Cable controls, you wont get it. I mean like cause all Sentinel was about MVC2 was getting above your head and flying and unflying and calling assists and you know that was like what a 7-3 match up in Cable's favor.

It's a dumb argument, Cable wont be in UMVC3. He's not going to get a chance to shoot her. Bang!
YOU HEAR THAT DAHBOMB

NO DLC FOR MARVEL

EVER AGAIN

SO HAH

THEORYCRAFT THAT

Dahbomb

Justin used the clash system very well to both avoid combo damage, save his meter and waste Superman's trait. Alas he couldn't comeback from that deficit, Superman just hits so hard.

Man I am tired as fuck, going to sleep. This is why I can't watch WNFs//Runbacks, timezone difference is too brutal.

Top Bottom