• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54387858]Can you play as him?[/QUOTE]

No, but he's been hinted a lot for DLC. Lobo is the only confirmed one so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF has had more of a positive reception to Injustice upon release than when SFxTK came out.

It's a similar story, many people buying into the game closer to launch or right after and saying "fuck it, I'm gonna buy it anyways." I just think more of GAF is convinced this time around. More will have probably bought SFxTK in the end though.

I wonder if Marvel will feel any pressure after numbers come out for this game.

sleepykyo

GAF has had more of a positive reception to Injustice upon release than when SFxTK came out.

It's a similar story, many people buying into the game closer to launch or right after and saying "fuck it, I'm gonna buy it anyways." I just think more of GAF is convinced this time around. More will have probably bought SFxTK in the end though.

I'd imagine Marvel would be more concerned about the f2p Marvel game.

Nothing will put a dent in Marvel's popularity (within the FGC), no matter how much controversy happens.

Dahbomb

How salty is the chat at all the Deathstrokes they're watching?
Deathstroke is not even going to win this tournament.

The 2 main things that get people is that EX grenade move and the close ranged spinny attack. People are too scared to jump over or dash in after the guns because they are afraid of eating the grenade. When they finally get in they lose their guard and get hit by the derp spinning sword.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd imagine Marvel would be more concerned about the f2p Marvel game.
Oh they should be very concerned about that too. Very concerned.

Nothing will put a dent in Marvel's popularity (within the FGC), no matter how much controversy happens.
Maybe, but I don't know if they're as concerned about popularity as they are of milking as much out of this revenue stream as they can.

They might look at Injustice's success and think they need a solo fighter right now. Hopefully they'd hire Capcom, if they're not already working on it. It'd be a shame if they gave the project to some inexperienced studio.

I would be interested in a Marvel only fighter
by someone that's not Capcom, preferably someone new to bring something new to the fighting genre

Lulubop

I'm not saying he's cheap or broken, and the tester don't think so either. but the chat usually goes nuts when they see a Deathstroke on Art's stream. I don't have the stream open now, and there's a bit more viewers than what Art gets on his streams so I imagine the chat is crying their eyes out.

I'm not saying he's cheap or broken, and the tester don't think so either. but the chat usually goes nuts when they see a Deathstroke on Art's stream. I don't have the stream open now, and there's a bit more viewers than what Art gets on his streams so I imagine the chat is crying their eyes out.

Yeah some people are bitching. I see some ResidentSleepers and some soul fists.

Maybe, but I don't know if they're as concerned about popularity as they are of milking as much out of this revenue stream as they can.

They might look at Injustice's success and think they need a solo fighter right now. Hopefully they'd hire Capcom, if they're not already working on it. It'd be a shame if they gave the project to some inexperienced studio.

Well there was that EA(?) Marvel fighter in the works that got canned (not Imperfects), so it's certainly crossed their minds.

You're putting far too much thought into this.

Dahbomb

People just don't like lame/zoning play. Deathstrokes zoning is similar to Magneto's Disruptor zoning in that his projectiles are fast but don't have much block stun.

I would totally be down to see NRS and Capcom trade comic licenses, so we could compare what movesets they give to the same characters.

Like, Capcom makes Magneto shoot a bunch of DBZ energy beams, maybe NRS makes him drop cars and 10ton weights from the sky onto the opponent.

I would totally be down to see NRS and Capcom trade comic licenses, so we could compare what movesets they give to the same characters.

Like, Capcom makes Magneto shoot a bunch of DBZ energy beams, maybe NRS makes him drop cars and 10ton weights from the sky onto the opponent.

Eww, keep DC away from my Capcom.

Lulubop

With the new Deadpool game being seemingly a dud already, are there any promising licensed Marvel games on the horizon? umvc3 was probably the best one this gen too.

That like saying a bit of food is more well-received than moldy french fries. SFxT set the bar extremely low.

Marvel: Would you guys like Shuma?

NRS: lol no

Yeah I'm sure communication between 2 American companies would make for a more cohesive game.
Shuma was Capcom's moronic request. Pretty sure Marvel isn't that stupid.
Not really. Marvel and DC have been trying to occupy similar markets forever. Doesn't mean it's likely, but I'm sure Chris Baker is not ignoring Injustice entirely.
Well you keep thinking that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They should make a Cable game that's like Gears, but you're Cable
No. We don't need any more Gears-likes in the industry. The Gears games and 50 Cent: Blood In The Sand were enough.

Some characters, as cool as they are, are not deserving of their own video games. The Deadpool game just seems like an overestimation of the popularity of the character in the general populace, relying a lot on word-of-mouth to let people know "hey that guy is cool."

Well you keep thinking that.
Uh.. same to you?

Top Bottom