• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

gutabo

lol
8UXlpqA.png

Eliza is the top pick free because she has every notch going for her (design/gameplay mechanic/characterization and storyline). At the same time, I think a lot of people are doing themselves and the final four a lot of injustice thinking they're there because loli. I'm sure there's a group out there like that, but most people just taking SkullGAF into account seem to be backing their horse because of something they're bringing from the gameplay side ON TOP OF their design.
Indeed

I wasn't sure about Annie until Alex put my fears to rest with the cosmic talk. It all started because someone asked if she literally had the power cosmic lmao.
GAF, imagine you're president of the FGC and have any amount of money. How do you spend it on the FGC and why?
I'd do everything. I'd take all of Fighting GAF to DA BEECH.

sephi22

This is the best OBS in a while, because they're not talking about anything serious or too offensive. Its just funny banter

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
What's the point of listing how many times someone's disconnected if you can't choose not to play them? Just to shame them? Stupid shit.

edit: wrong thread lol

alstein

GAF, imagine you're president of the FGC and have any amount of money. How do you spend it on the FGC and why?

Buy Lab Zero and SNK, force Lab Zero to work on a new KOF game for PC under Fersis. Put a shock collar on Fersis every time he mentions FTP, and one on Mike Z every time he thinks of making the game more combo-heavy.

Buy Lab Zero and SNK, force Lab Zero to work on a new KOF game for PC under Fersis. Put a shock collar on Fersis every time he mentions FTP, and one on Mike Z every time he thinks of making the game more combo-heavy.
You could probably ask me him nicely to make a more DS/SF-ish game. You are the money guy after all. :^P

alstein

You could probably ask me him nicely to make a more DS/SF-ish game. You are the money guy after all. :^P

I don't think he's capable of making a KOF98-style game. Fersis could. I would keep a few elements of later KOF in some form, such as Neomaxes (they'd be the SDMs), and drive cancels (no HD mode)

I'd hire Sirlin for new Samurai Shodown. He seems to be the right sort for a low-combo, character-heavy game, and some of his character designs seem to fit in well with Samsho's theme.

For Marvel anyways, It's been spelled out over and over again when people say he's okay. He is simply not accepting of any characters that aren't top tier, has no tolerance for approaches or playstyles that don't resemble those of a team featuring Mags, Doom and/or Vergil and is worst of all is always condescending in his analyses of players that do not adhere to the aforementioned. Not to mention he's not that knowledgeable and has to be corrected habitually.

He's a flat out bad commentator.

Hope you enjoy marvel commentary at NCR!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Champ has the most consistent Doom combos. Also won EVO.

Clockw0rk has the best mixups and set ups absolutely FREE compared to any other Doom, also innovator. Whenever I watch Clockw0rk play I actually wonder why people think any other Doom is better.

MarlinPie is an innovator in Doom tech, so far ahead that people aren't even using his old shit yet (HM OTG). Not to mention he's solid and consistent as well.

El Gato is the god and founding father of ridiculous Doom TAC infinites and exploits, is okay player with insane execution that's tech rippled throughout the community without much credit given.

Chris G is good by virtue of being Chris G and sonning FChamp using his own Doom with the famous dash over the liberation punish. Chris G is too clutch and smart as a player not to have that translate when he has Doom on point.

But yeah the best Doom isn't exactly something that's prestigious when usually it's whoever gets the foot dive and X-factors. Best Doom is pretty arguable out of those guys, though I'd take El Gato out of the running despite his influence. I think if I had to put a finger on it it'd be Champ because of the unparalleled consistency.

Agree with you saying that Clockw0rk is the nicest/best Doom - if it wasn't for him, people wouldn't have been all over him at all, and every time I see him play, he drops something new combo-wise. Everyone else just does the standard Doom BnB.

Champ is just a solid player who happens to play Doom, he's solid with all of his team characters - you mess up and give him a chance to come back, and he will, which is how he won EVO.

MarlinePie is a guy who has great execution who can style - Clockw0rk is practical damage and MarliePie is stylish damage, at least to me.

Update UMvC3 and AE by making weaker characters stronger, and not making great characters worse, free new characters, do whatever free stuff/incentives and tournament setups it takes to grow the community, set up local tournaments in areas that have talent but no exposure/streaming gear, get more girls into fighting tournaments,make sure Sp00ky stays comfortable for life while streaming.

Just off the top of my head.

I'd have a one off tournament on a nice island somewhere, attracting all the biggest names with promises of huge prizes and bikini clad women.

Then the real games begin.

dabeach60j4v.png

The why is obvious, because I want to see the FGC prosper.

1. Get Daigo, Tokido, and Justin to each write books on what it takes to get better at fighting games. The kind of instructional books you'd find for any other kind of activity you wanted to learn. Of course edited and co-written by professionals for readability.

2. Spread Hitbox propaganda everywhere. The objectively best method of control would likely find an easier time among the masses than sticks now.

3. Get every current fighter to appear on PC, encouraging the PC to have the definitive version.

4. Establish 24/7 streams for every major franchise that doesn't have one.

5. Lobby to get the patent system to not be fucking retarded. Any amount of money goes a long way.

Actually, there's a lot more that could be done, but thinking about it is actually depressing since

Dahbomb

I don't know why people are mentioning UMVC3 update when that is Capcom's choice... not the FGC. I think all this random patch talk going in the community (which has been going around for quite some time) shows they are obviously interested in one but it's Capcom who is not interested in it.

If I was the president of the FGC here's what I would change:

*All the regularly played/streamed weekly will be provided with a set amount of top of the line monitors so that players don't have an excuse to not attend. This includes NLBC, WNF and WMW plus a few more.

*All Regionals will have payouts down to top 8, all majors will have payouts down to top 16. The payout method will be changed so that you don't have a huge drop off between 1st and 2nd so that there's less incentive to collude plot splits.

*Hire a statistician who's sole job is to keep stats on particular players, games and events. Like I want to know how many times Justin has won against a particular player or a particular character in tournaments to the exact figure.

*Streamers, commentators and other volunteers will be compensated some what for their work. This is so that particular commentators/streamers can have some breathing room with their budgeting/travel expenses when they have to go to multiple tournaments all across the country.

*More exhibitions at tournaments. Some exhibitions will be for charity as well.

If I could influence the big fighting game companies with big money I certainly would but I don't think that's what the job of president of FGC entails.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
*Hire a statistician who's sole job is to keep stats on particular players, games and events. Like I want to know how many times Justin has won against a particular player or a particular character in tournaments to the exact figure.

Yes, even expand on this and count combo drops and everything. Have them feeding the info to Ultrachen (who I would hire to commentate all Marvel and SF4).

I don't know why people are mentioning UMVC3 update when that is Capcom's choice... not the FGC. I think all this random patch talk going in the community (which has been going around for quite some time) shows they are obviously interested in one but it's Capcom who is not interested in it.

If I was the president of the FGC here's what I would change:

*All the regularly played/streamed weekly will be provided with a set amount of top of the line monitors so that players don't have an excuse to not attend. This includes NLBC, WNF and WMW plus a few more.

*All Regionals will have payouts down to top 8, all majors will have payouts down to top 16. The payout method will be changed so that you don't have a huge drop off between 1st and 2nd so that there's less incentive to collude plot splits.

*Streamers, commentators and other volunteers will be compensated some what for their work. This is so that particular commentators/streamers can have some breathing room with their budgeting/travel expenses when they have to go to multiple tournaments all across the country.

*More exhibitions at tournaments. Some exhibitions will be for charity as well.

If I could influence the big fighting game companies with big money I certainly would but I don't think that's what the job of president of FGC entails.

Guys I say we get an election started.

The candidates are coming in hard and fast.

DRE Fei

Lando for FGC president.

You guys know you want that shit and you would watch the state of the union address every single time.

CJShowstopper for vice president.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Aha, you guys went up against TCK, eh? His Bob pressure is great but he scales his damage a lot most of the time, which is kinda weird but it works.

hah yeah, we were pretty hype we were getting 20k+ BP dudes to roll into the stream, made it pretty fun.

Top Bottom