• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Vade

Aww shit son you did not just open that can of worms....

My character roster for MGS fighting game:

Raiden
Grey Fox
Sniper Wolf
Vamp
Solid Snake (with Big Boss alt)
Senator Armstrong
The Boss
Volgin
Psycho Mantis
Solidus Snake
Revolver Ocelot (MGS3 version)
Liquid Ocelot (MGS4 version)
Sam (MGR)
Bladewolf
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Rex
Eva
Laughing Octopus
The End
Meryl
Vulcan Raven
Olga
Fortune
The Fury
Sundowner
Mistral
Monsoon

No Harrier or Tank no sale, unless those are Vulcan and Solidus' ultras also needs Campbell.

Aww shit son you did not just open that can of worms....

My character roster for MGS fighting game:

Raiden
Grey Fox
Sniper Wolf
Vamp
Solid Snake (with Big Boss alt)
Senator Armstrong
The Boss
Volgin
Psycho Mantis
Solidus Snake
Revolver Ocelot (MGS3 version)
Liquid Ocelot (MGS4 version)
Sam (MGR)
Bladewolf
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Rex
Eva
Laughing Octopus
The End
Meryl
Vulcan Raven
Olga
Fortune
The Fury
Sundowner
Mistral
Monsoon

Where's Johnny? Johnny #1 cockblocker in MGS.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55293016]You forgot Fatman, Dahbomb.[/QUOTE]
I didn't forget him I purposely left him out. We don't need another Rufus with skates.

I actually did forget Campbell though.

Dahbomb

I am just perusing through the Marvel brackets for NCR and there are quite a few international players. World Warrior KBR, Xian and Momochi are entered.

Was said in the Injustice thread, but Injustice will be 35$ at Toys R Us next week.
When a game dips that low that fast, I always wonder "Hmm, but how much lower will it dip after that in the near future?" Then again, TRU tends to do this to clear out a bit of stock after release week.

I am just perusing through the Marvel brackets for NCR and there are quite a few international players. World Warrior KBR, Xian and Momochi are entered.
I want Infiltration.

That bites. No realistic public transportation options?

Nothing affordable. I initially had over $100 saved up for NCR weekend (which would've included roundtrip bus fare, money for food, and of course the pre-reg fee), but it being in Sunnyvale threw all that out the window. The money required to get there from SF would've meant that I would've had no money for anything else besides getting to and from NCR. And that's not including how long it would take to get there in the first place.

Dahbomb

Notable players in the Marvel Pools:

1: FChamp, LXG Hypnawtik, Snake Tits
2: MCX Xian, Haibing, Zeus, Honzo Gonzo
3: Knives, CJShowstopper, Momochi, LLND
4: KaneBlueRiver, Shorty, WindZero, Killer Kai, Magus1234
5: Apologyman, JChensor, Buktooth, Y2Jay
6: Ranmasama, Mike Infinite, Falcomist, GAF Stersauce, EG Floe
7: EM Taekua (although I think he said he won't make it), XsK Samurai, LXG Helix
8: Justin Wong, GC Yoshi
9: PR Rog, Jint, Fubarduck, Alex Valle
10: Neo, CrispyTacos, OmgitsDroppedCombos, OmgitzAndre, MoTempest
11: X Ray, Manic, Nerses, Noel Brown
12: LXG Infrit, Hi I am Nasty, ChiRithy, SexyBeast
13: Drew Grimey, Royah Flush
14: KBeast, Noah the Prodigy, FlashMetroid,
15: Ricky Ortiz, Wentinel,
16: ChrisG, Pedro, Quasimodo

Top 16 is going to be stacked as fuck and still plenty of top players need to register. I may have missed some top players here and there. The person listed first is the favorite to make it out of that pool.

Notable players in the Marvel Pools:

1: FChamp, LXG Hypnawtik, Snake Tits
2: MCX Xian, Haibing, Zeus, Honzo Gonzo
3: Knives, CJShowstopper, Momochi, LLND
4: KaneBlueRiver, Shorty, WindZero, Killer Kai, Magus1234
5: Apologyman, JChensor, Buktooth, Y2Jay
6: Ranmasama, Mike Infinite, Falcomist, GAF Stersauce, EG Floe
7: EM Taekua (although I think he said he won't make it), XsK Samurai, LXG Helix
8: Justin Wong, GC Yoshi
9: PR Rog, Jint, Fubarduck, Alex Valle
10: Neo, CrispyTacos, OmgitsDroppedCombos, OmgitzAndre, MoTempest
11: X Ray, Manic, Nerses, Noel Brown
12: LXG Infrit, Hi I am Nasty, ChiRithy, SexyBeast
13: Drew Grimey, Royah Flush
14: KBeast, Noah the Prodigy, FlashMetroid,
15: Ricky Ortiz, Wentinel,
16: ChrisG, Pedro, Quasimodo

Top 16 is going to be stacked as fuck and still plenty of top players need to register. I may have missed some top players here and there. The person listed first is the favorite to make it out of that pool.
How is HonzoGonzo playing without a copy of the game?

Not too hype about NCR. FGC overload lately. I'll probably peep the Marvel/SF4 finals though.

I'm kinda feeling that too. I mean, I have nothing better to do so I'll be watching it, but at the same time, wish there would be like, a week break or something. There was some pretty big fatigue at times with how many events last year, I was hoping that there would be just a bit of spacing out.

Lulubop

Shame a lot of New York players won't be there, still really excited. If anyone if going to go head to head with Chris it's gonna be Champ, he should be extra motivated. I hope it goes down.

Dahbomb

I am still taking bets against Chris G.
I thought you were Mr. DmC defender.
I still defend DmC especially against people who laughably compare it to DMC2 but I still joke about it in good fun.

Dahbomb

Which pool is Yipes in? I guess I missed him.

Also FlashMetroid is in the pools but I was unable to locate Fanatiq.

man, imagine if the brazzers sponsorship actually happened.
JAGWzrC.png

i'd rock them. hard.

soakrates

Sunnyvale is way too fucking far away for me. It's like, the southern-most part of Norcal.
Wouldn't that be Santa Cruz?

I'll be bumming around NCR just to hang out, since I live in San Jose. I'm a little worried about this year's event though. Most of the non-Capcom games have very low turnouts as of right now. I was really looking forward to the TTT2 matches, but it currently only has 22 entrants.

Doomshine

I'll be bumming around NCR just to hang out, since I live in San Jose. I'm a little worried about this year's event though. Most of the non-Capcom games have very low turnouts as of right now. I was really looking forward to the TTT2 matches, but it currently only has 22 entrants.

Most of them didn't seem happy with the schedule.

do you guys notice input lag in injustice? when i press forward or back with my character sometimes it feels like it takes them a bit to get going. but that could just be the way my brain receives inputs from my hands, so that's why i'm asking.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
do you guys notice input lag in injustice? when i press forward or back with my character sometimes it feels like it takes them a bit to get going. but that could just be the way my brain receives inputs from my hands, so that's why i'm asking.

Don't you usually play the fat characters?

I heard Socal Tekken can't make it out due to everyone having work on Friday.

vulva

are you going to WNF tonight?

Don't you usually play the fat characters?

i've been messing with most of the cast to see what i like, narrowing it down to grundy and one of joker, cyborg, or lex. i was pretty set on cyborg but after some practice i'm not sure i can handle some of his executional requirements. instant air fb is really hard for me.

are you going to WNF tonight?

only 3 days in this 13 day stretch are non-tournament/travel days. so, hell no i'm not gonna waste one of them on a tournament

vulva

i've been messing with most of the cast to see what i like, narrowing it down to grundy and one of joker, cyborg, or lex. i was pretty set on cyborg but after some practice i'm not sure i can handle some of his executional requirements. instant air fb is really hard for me.

only 3 days in this 13 day stretch are non-tournament/travel days. so, hell no i'm not gonna waste one of them on a tournament

fair enough, I have 2 WNFs left in socal before I move back (not that anyone there knows me) but was curious

Top Bottom