• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

UltraDavid reading the Annie description.

Damn that unenthusiasm.

"BEOWULF HAD A CHAIR"
It's not entirely their fault. Annie's description was way too vague from the start. Only in the final week did we learn that she'll be summoning cosmic bodies while fighting which is something we've never seen done extensively in any fighting game. Minette is pretty much like Frank, I guess?

They're pretty much voting on aesthetics alone like many people.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Definitely agree with Ultradavid. Those other characters are definitely looking bottom 5 if I had to make a list, it definitely feels like an elaborate group troll to pick the most boring character designs (esp. Annie and Minette). Those designs are so goddamn boring and Eliza blows them away, it's just perplexing.

Shady K activated Morrigan's Level 3 while coming in and it went downwards and he remarked "oh I didn't know you could control it, I was wondering why it was going down."

It's not entirely their fault. Annie's description was way too vague from the start. Only in the final week did we learn that she'll be summoning cosmic bodies which is something we've never seen done extensively in any fighting game. Minette is pretty much like Frank, I guess?

I was just mostly talking about the fact that he was just trailing off and being all "Pffft really" about it all.

And yeah, that was basically what I was thinking about Minette's gameplay mechanic.

#TeamHeHadAChair though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UltraChen just dropped the unfortunate news that NorCal will be handling much of the commentary at NCR. This likely means Magus will be commentating.

I'm sorry GAF, I just think it's better that we all found out sooner rather than later.

UltraChen just dropped the unfortunate news that NorCal will be handling much of the commentary at NCR. This likely means Magus will be commentating.

I'm sorry GAF, I just think it's better that we all found out sooner rather than later.

I'm excited for Darry commentating at least.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I figured that out today too. If you jump in with an attack in Injustice you better bang out that god damn combo before you hit the ground or else you're not getting it.

Which really makes no sense because a lot of character's j2 cause the opponent to reel for like a good second but they can still block during that wtf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I never understood the hate for Magus.
For Marvel anyways, It's been spelled out over and over again when people say he's okay. He is simply not accepting of any characters that aren't top tier, has no tolerance for approaches or playstyles that don't resemble those of a team featuring Mags, Doom and/or Vergil and is worst of all is always condescending in his analyses of players that do not adhere to the aforementioned. Not to mention he's not that knowledgeable and has to be corrected habitually.

He's a flat out bad commentator.

sephi22

Man. F. Champ is in this week's OBS?
I'm working on an assignment. Can't listen to it.
When I try to access the archive I get some error on chrome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OBS show dude (I think Tom Brady speaking?) saying whoever got 2nd at that 2k bonus Injustice Launch tourney at WNF pirated the game 2 weeks early to try and get the jump on folks and get that fight money.

Dat piracy encouragement.

Dahbomb

Magus is a solid commentator when he's keeping his bias in check otherwise it gets out of control.

Also Viscant replied to be with a huge e mail on PATCH TALK. He wants Frank West nerfed. Best character in the game confirmed.

Chavelo

LMAO, did the bronies invade the Skullgirls voting polls or something? Fucking embarrassing that the people voting for the lolis only want to see them in and not even touch the game. I always thought Eliza was a good design for a fighting game character, but I agree with UltraChen: BOTTOM FOUR.

Magus is a solid commentator when he's keeping his bias in check otherwise it gets out of control.

Which is pretty much impossible. Dude could be on the top tier but his hate for the game/players get to him. Hell, Dnyce is more bearable than Magus at times.

Also Viscant replied to be with a huge e mail on PATCH TALK. He wants Frank West nerfed. Best character in the game confirmed.

AND YOU HAVEN'T POSTED THAT SHIT BECAUSE...?

LMAO, did the bronies invade the Skullgirls voting polls or something? Fucking embarrassing that the people voting for the lolis only want to see them in and not even touch the game. I always thought Eliza was a good design for a fighting game character, but I agree with UltraChen: BOTTOM FOUR.

Which is pretty much impossible. Dude could be on the top tier but his hate for the game/players get to him. Hell, Dnyce is more bearable than Magus at times.

AND YOU HAVEN'T POSTED THAT SHIT BECAUSE...?

What ... Dnyce? No.

Anth0ny

Chris G has a fucking boring and ugly Doom, but he gets the hit better than anyone else. And really that's all you need with (x-factor) Doom.

lqCtgz5.png

Azure J

Definitely agree with Ultradavid. Those other characters are definitely looking bottom 5 if I had to make a list, it definitely feels like an elaborate group troll to pick the most boring character designs (esp. Annie and Minette). Those designs are so goddamn boring and Eliza blows them away, it's just perplexing.

Eliza is the top pick free because she has every notch going for her (design/gameplay mechanic/characterization and storyline). At the same time, I think a lot of people are doing themselves and the final four a lot of injustice thinking they're there because loli. I'm sure there's a group out there like that, but most people just taking SkullGAF into account seem to be backing their horse because of something they're bringing from the gameplay side ON TOP OF their design.

Shady K activated Morrigan's Level 3 while coming in and it went downwards and he remarked "oh I didn't know you could control it, I was wondering why it was going down."

Wait, whaaaaaat?

iW3yLEXsWEhQg.gif

It's not entirely their fault. Annie's description was way too vague from the start. Only in the final week did we learn that she'll be summoning cosmic bodies while fighting which is something we've never seen done extensively in any fighting game. Minette is pretty much like Frank, I guess?

They're pretty much voting on aesthetics alone like many people.

Yeah, you pretty much witnessed how much I came around to Annie in the last three votes yourself when more of her gameplay started getting mentioned. If I only went based on look, she'd probably have been bottom of my top 20 or just not on my radar at all. Then dudes decide (late-almost endgame in the vote) to talk about her and I find out she has Black Holes, Microsuns, Quasars and universal heat death on top of being a true sword character and it was almost impossible not to start rooting for her.

Can't agree with this assessment because it's speaking more as a "looking from afar" deal than it does for the reality (at least as far as Skullgirls-GAF). Everyone's picking because they like the gameplay and what each character has to bring forward with enough minor jabs at their allegiances.

Ah, who cares I'm just here for the ride.

#TeamEliza here by the way. Vote for what's right.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Lots of solid Sf x TK players up here like LPN, Kelvin and others so Im looking forward to it. Also, Momochi and Infiltration. :)

I'll actually be in trenches recording direct feed (suck it arturo) matches that didnt make it on stream and uploading them to Capcom Fighters.

MAXCPM?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mad Catz is a proud sponsor of this weekend's NORCAL REGIONALS 2013, part of the Road to EVO 2013! We have some special deals for this weekend! All deals/promo codes are valid on our US store only! Sorry international fans/customers, there will be something for you guys soon!

All deals/promo codes are valid until end of day April 29, 2013!

Here's what we got!

Save 50% OFF the original retail price of the Major League Gaming Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3! Just in time for EVO 2013 (PS3 console tournament)... Use coupon code 'MLGMARKMAN' at http://madcatzstore.com during checkout to take advantage of these savings!

8676509747_0aee984c64_c.jpg

Save $60 OFF the following products (About 38% in savings) ! Use coupon code 'MCZMARKMAN' at http://madcatzstore.com during checkout to take advantage of these savings!

• Street Fighter X Sanrio Arcade FightStick PRO for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter X Sanrio Arcade FightStick PRO for PlayStation 3
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick TE S+ for Xbox 360
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick TE S+ for PlayStation 3
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick TE S for Wii U

8676509313_3ff924da0c_c.jpg

8676509489_9df7b40620_c.jpg

Psst. We only have about 12 Street Fighter X Sanrio FightSticks for the Xbox 360. Once they're gone, we'll only have a SMALL allotment left that we're saving for our EVO 2013 booth!

Also, while you're at it, check out our new clothing range: Mad Catz Game Hard Wear at http://apparel.madcatz.com !

8677615460_0a1963a643_c.jpg

Beats

Hmm, I'll definitely get a beanie and a "pro scratch" shirt. Those hoodies look kinda nice too.

edit: I think a messenger bag with the MadCatz scratch logo would be pretty damn cool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Champ has the most consistent Doom combos. Also won EVO.

Clockw0rk has the best mixups and set ups absolutely FREE compared to any other Doom, also innovator. Whenever I watch Clockw0rk play I actually wonder why people think any other Doom is better.

MarlinPie is an innovator in Doom tech, so far ahead that people aren't even using his old shit yet (HM OTG). Not to mention he's solid and consistent as well.

El Gato is the god and founding father of ridiculous Doom TAC infinites and exploits, is okay player with insane execution that's tech rippled throughout the community without much credit given.

Chris G is good by virtue of being Chris G and sonning FChamp using his own Doom with the famous dash over the liberation punish. Chris G is too clutch and smart as a player not to have that translate when he has Doom on point.

But yeah the best Doom isn't exactly something that's prestigious when usually it's whoever gets the foot dive and X-factors. Best Doom is pretty arguable out of those guys, though I'd take El Gato out of the running despite his influence. I think if I had to put a finger on it it'd be Champ because of the unparalleled consistency.

Top Bottom