• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Horseress

It's entirely up to a mod. I was just hoping Shouta would do it for us.

SHOUTA PLS
BibleThump.png

gutabo

*All the regularly played/streamed weekly will be provided with a set amount of top of the line monitors so that players don't have an excuse to not attend. This includes NLBC, WNF and WMW plus a few more.
Yeah, set some kind of display standard and spread it everywhere, also only one console as a standard.

*All Regionals will have payouts down to top 8, all majors will have payouts down to top 16. The payout method will be changed so that you don't have a huge drop off between 1st and 2nd so that there's less incentive to collude plot splits.

*Hire a statistician who's sole job is to keep stats on particular players, games and events. Like I want to know how many times Justin has won against a particular player or a particular character in tournaments to the exact figure.

*Streamers, commentators and other volunteers will be compensated some what for their work. This is so that particular commentators/streamers can have some breathing room with their budgeting/travel expenses when they have to go to multiple tournaments all across the country.

*More exhibitions at tournaments. Some exhibitions will be for charity as well.
I agree with the above. I would also add some kind of money price to the TOs if their tourneys have no time/bracket/DQing issues(like waiting for a top player for two hours but DQing a random if he's late 5 minutes).

1. Get Daigo, Tokido, and Justin to each write books on what it takes to get better at fighting games. The kind of instructional books you'd find for any other kind of activity you wanted to learn. Of course edited and co-written by professionals for readability.

3. Get every current fighter to appear on PC, encouraging the PC to have the definitive version.

5. Lobby to get the patent system to not be fucking retarded.
I also agree with the above. I would also sponsor many players, to go and have like a "school" of sorts for beginners and to post many, many tutorial videos.

Finally, I don't know if it's possible in this hypothetical scenario but I would rebalance(buff low tiers) every fucking fighting game to date. From HD remix(sorry sirlin) to 3S(fuck chun) going through che classics but also stuff like Project Justice(fuck kyosuke's infinite), TMNT: Tournament Fighters(fuck the shark and bosses), Samurai Shodown 2(fuck ukyo), Jojo(fuck petshop), Garou MOTW(fuck kevin and fuck grant's infinites), FF Wild Ambition(fuck arcade version), and even stuff like Power Stone 2(fuck rogue) and NGBC(fuck Mr. Big). Of course more recent games too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dahbomb has more of a chance becoming president of the U.S than Capcom releasing another Marvel patch.

Nyoro SF

Dahbomb is secretly
Senator Armstrong
in disguise. With the power of nanomachines, any patch is possible. At least, that's what Kojima taught me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb is secretly
Senator Armstrong
in disguise. With the power of nanomachines, any patch is possible. At least, that's what Kojima taught me.
Dahbomb is a huge MGS fan, so this all makes sense. I think he just got Kojima to write his patch fantasies.

I don't blame the dude. After what happened to DmC and "Marvel is about creativity" he hasn't been the same since!

Dahbomb

Kojima is my favorite game developer from a personality point of view. Makes Ono look simple and straightforward in comparison.

Kojima is the most wonderful troll in the world.

I am fine with being tagged with "man of the minions".

Nyoro SF

Kojima is my favorite game developer from a personality point of view. Makes Ono look simple and straightforward in comparison.

Kojima is the most wonderful troll in the world.

You did play Metal Gear Rising, right Dahbomb? After reading this I would consider it an impossibility if you didn't.

Dahbomb

You did play Metal Gear Rising, right Dahbomb? After reading this I would consider it an impossibility if you didn't.
LOL of course I played that shit day one..... son! Although it was played on a friend's console because I don't have one for myself anymore.

PG plus Metal Gear action game? Just inject it into my circulation directly.

Nyoro SF

LOL of course I played that shit day one..... son! Although it was played on a friend's console because I don't have one for myself anymore.

PG plus Metal Gear action game? Just inject it into my circulation directly.

Yeah that's what I thought. Now we just need a Metal Gear fighting game.

It must be:
"A Man of the Minions".

ill be there to defend socal's honor

i didnt pre-reg though so i might be in pools with socal ppl anyway
Do you have a plan against ChrisG, then?

Sunnyvale is way too fucking far away for me. It's like, the southern-most part of Norcal.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55287204]It's faaaar when you live in the city and don't have a car with you. So much easier when it was in San Fran.[/QUOTE]
That bites. No realistic public transportation options?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55285196]Not me this year :-(

Fuck Sunnyvale[/QUOTE]

I live in the NorthB ay. I can't schlep all the way over there with this kind of weather
because I have to work on the house
edit; sorry double posts.

Dahbomb

Yeah that's what I thought. Now we just need a Metal Gear fighting game .
Aww shit son you did not just open that can of worms....

My character roster for MGS fighting game:

Raiden
Grey Fox
Sniper Wolf
Vamp
Solid Snake (with Big Boss alt)
Senator Armstrong
The Boss
Volgin
Psycho Mantis
Solidus Snake
Revolver Ocelot (MGS3 version)
Liquid Ocelot (MGS4 version)
Sam (MGR)
Bladewolf
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Rex
Eva
Laughing Octopus
The End
Meryl
Vulcan Raven
Olga
Fortune
The Fury
Sundowner
Mistral
Monsoon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55291960]I thought you lived in LA?[/QUOTE]

Thats the other Sim player, TheLogRide lol. I have been in the Bay Area for almost nine years now.

Lemstar

35? Well hot damn. I wonder where the closest TRU is.
If you have one that's a little out of the way, you can probably get Best Buy or Target to price match.

Since it's a weekly deal, odds are good that Amazon will match it at some point, too.

Top Bottom