• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Yeah then you have asshats like Brera/Dave Meltzer (its the same guy) trolling up the threads making them more toxic than the average crack session at The Ark.

I may disagree with what is said in here at times, but for the most part GAF FGC tends to be a bit more level headed then the console warz posters in the other threads.
IMO, no matter how bad the talk her gets sometimes, I think of us more like boys fighting in a school yard who stay friends after someone gets punched out than the genuine vitriol that flows among fanboys. Like, I talk shit about Tekken and such, but if you ask me whether I want Tekken to die, I'll say "Hell no, I want it to sell very well". Same for MK9 and Injustice.

We're kind of like the Sandlot.

GAFlot.

Yeah then you have asshats like Brera/Dave Meltzer (its the same guy) trolling up the threads making them more toxic than the average crack session at The Ark.

I may disagree with what is said in here at times, but for the most part GAF FGC tends to be a bit more level headed then the console warz posters in the other threads.
Dave says a lot of dumb stuff, but i've been agreeing with him a lot regarding the Wii and WiiU.
In both cases the dream is dead... Just the same as Marvel. And Streets of Rage... :(
Why does everything I love have to die GAF?
I've got Streets of Rage Remake, I don't gotta worry about shit.

IMO, no matter how bad the talk her gets sometimes, I think of us more like boys fighting in a school yard who stay friends after someone gets punched out than the genuine vitriol that flows among fanboys. Like, I talk shit about Tekken and such, but if you ask me whether I want Tekken to die, I'll say "Hell no, I want it to sell very well". Same for MK9 and Injustice.

GAFlot.

Who's Smalls?

Also, have to say the Sandlot comparison is fantastic, Karst.

Sayah

GAFlot.

-The marvel fans are the bullies in the school yard.
bullying.jpg
-The Tekken fans are the productive students that get straight A's and will go to ivy league colleges.
-The Virtua Fighter fans don't exist.

Feel free to describe other communities.

Sounds like the Tekken fans get beat up by the Marvel fans and are bitter about it later - fits to me.

And the Marvel side has Dahbomb on it, and he's an M.D.!

Kioshen

Off topics get a lot of bans as well. Gaming forum will get scary for sure but oh so fun. There will be meltdowns.

Surprised to see no serious meltdowns over Nintendo having no conference at E3.

Wait what ? *flips table* In all seriousness they gave lots of sign when they started giving lots of details in their Nintendo direct while at the same time dropping the ball the last few years with their e3 keynote.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The MK community is like the jealous little brother of the overachieving Street Fighter, and when he finally gets a chance to prove his own worth he overcompensates and acts silly in general.

edit: Oh, I've never seen The Sandlot heh

Dahbomb

BB fans are those kids playing Yu Gi Oh at the other end of the cafeteria while dressed in trechcoats so they don't get caught with cards in school

SF fans are the kids who go to band class. Technically skilled but still uncool as fuck.

Marvel fans are the impatient jocks/bullies who pick on other kids. Not much smarts to them but they bring the hype at pep rallies

Smash fans are the super dorky kids in class who people think are smart but aren't... they just know a bunch of useless shit. The least laid of all the communities, even the Yu Gi Oh playing kids get more action than these kids

Tekken fans are the honor students but they are low tier on the social totem pole of school yard politics.

Injustice fans are the new kids on the block. They transferred from another school but they don't give a fuck about the social hierarchy and go to toe with the Jocks (Marvel fans)

supahkiwi

Banned
BB fans are those kids playing Yu Gi Oh at the other end of the cafeteria while dressed in trechcoats so they don't get caught with cards in school

SF fans are the kids who go to band class. Technically skilled but still uncool as fuck.

Marvel fans are the impatient jocks/bullies who pick on other kids. Not much smarts to them but they bring the hype at pep rallies

Smash fans are the super dorky kids in class who people think are smart but aren't... they just know a bunch of useless shit. The least laid of all the communities, even the Yu Gi Oh playing kids get more action than these kids

Tekken fans are the honor students but they are low tier on the social totem pole of school yard politics.

Injustice fans are the new kids on the block. They transferred from another school but they don't give a fuck about the social hierarchy and go to toe with the Jocks (Marvel fans)

Injustice is that one kid in school who dies unexpectedly.

Tekken fans -> Senators, CEOs, Saudi oil princes, etc.
Street Fighter fans -> Wall street aka the real owners of everything.
Mahvel fans -> Sports superstars, wrestlers and actors like Mel Gibson.
MK fans -> The top 5 percent comprised of average business owners.
Guilty Gear -> The baby boomers. They just can't cut their successors some slack.
King of Fighters -> Overseas students and professionals takin' all our jerbs.
BlazBlue -> The generation fucked over by baby boomers. Can't even get a motherfucking job up in this bitch.
Skullgirls -> Hustlers, peddlers and the seedy underbelly of the FGC. Dat fast 829k crowdfundig money.
Virtua Fighter-> The greatest generation that always pays the cashier in change even though they've got savings up the wazoo.

Edit:
SFxT fans-> The auto industry, banks, etc. Too big to fail.

Why you gotta put Mel Gibson in with Marvel fans? :-(

The MK community is like the jealous little brother of the overachieving Street Fighter, and when he finally gets a chance to prove his own worth he overcompensates and acts silly in general.

edit: Oh, I've never seen The Sandlot heh
I'm not sure if you'd enjoy the movie, it might be one of those movies that is largely valuable for the time it was made in, like Goonies.

Because you're minions.
All I hear is bitterness!

If you're a minion, you're somebody's minion. Who's the marvel overseer or whatever?
Marvel, of course.

If you're a minion, you're somebody's minion. Who's the marvel overseer or whatever?

Well, if Marvel heads are jocks, then their overseer would be the coach. They'd probably crash P.E. classes asking the coach for another hall pass. Coach would tell them that it's not up to her anymore, and they need to go to the main building and ask the guidance counselor for a new pass. Then the guidance counselor tells them that he's too busy and sends them back to the coach. After a while, they get sick of the bullshit and start making up their own passes.

skullgirls is the guy down the street begging for change

what about kof fans?

the guys in the ESL class

OYb6Eac.gif

Azure J

I loved this thread's recent tangent so much and then I read Busaiku's post. Holy shit, you guys are the best.

What are the Darkstalkers/VSav fans?

I loved this thread's recent tangent so much and then I read Busaiku's post. Holy shit, you guys are the best.

What are the Darkstalkers/VSav fans?
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/career-and-money/200907/meet-the-man-who-lives-on-zero-dollars

The survivalist
Why you gotta put Mel Gibson in with Marvel fans? :-(
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

I'd believe we are actually sane if we stopped expecting a patch.

Top Bottom