• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Deps

Welp, guess nobody's showing up for Tekken at Evo.

I said major, Evo is not a major, well at least I don't consider it a major. Evo is more like a world championship. Evo is huge and If someone's going to take days off work, it's going to be for Evo.

This picture means absolutely nothing, but it's still pretty funny
PkRzhGT.png

Dahbomb

Yea was about to say, I know who Rattanna is I made a comment about OG MVC2 players picking up MorriDoom (like him and Buckethead). Still he's not top tier in his play with the team in this game yet, it was standard scumbaggery stuff that got exposed by Skrull command grab reads.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OP uploaded with the crapload of events going on this weekend.

Also Friday through Sunday is Stunfest 2013 in France. I myself haven't done much research on it, so I'll have to give you more information later.

On Sunday is TGN Playse #1, a DOA5 and SCV tournament in Japan.

Also Sunday is Zecchou 2013, an SSFIV AE 5on5 in Nagoya, Japan.
Thanks as always, USD. Any more info on Zecchou 2013 though? Or if it'll even be streamed? Got sufficient info for the rest, except for a stream link for Stunfest, which appears to be forthcoming as I'd expect there to be one.

Don't know why there's so many events this weekend, but Bar Battles is also this Saturday in Philly.

https://www.facebook.com/events/589960747699288/
Can't access the FB event. If you can copy+paste the stuff here I can add it to OP but I think I came across this same event int he SRK forum and there was no real 'buzz' for it at all so I was reluctant to include it this week.

FYI, ZTS says that he wasn't banned for promoting piracy. Here's what he said on GFAQs, for those that want to be amused:
That is not even remotely why I was banned. I was banned for "Insulting Companies and/or People" and told that "You are not he kind of poster fit for NeoGaf" Guess I didn't post enough gif reactions and suck enough ds. It doesn't bother me actually, the only useful thing for me on GAF was the Tag 2 community thread.

I'm going to bed, and I won't be able to see NorCal this weekend. Would someone tabulate the hype Marvel stuff (mostly upsets) so I can feel the excitement when I return from my trip?

Dahbomb

Hahahaha that ZTS salt!

Dante is top 10.

Cable can't do shit against MorriDoom.

Nova and Strider are top 15 minimum.

Get at me son!

Vintage FChamp at work... GOD I misses that top tier Dormammu.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just read the thread. If he was banned for that, I don't see it in the posts in that thread. That's some pretty tame discussion going on there.

Sayah

FYI, ZTS says that he wasn't banned for promoting piracy. Here's what he said on GFAQs, for those that want to be amused:

Well........I wouldn't be lying if I said I was here only for the Tag 2 community thread as well. My posting interests don't stem much further than that thread and sometimes the UMvC3 and FGW threads.

I don't know why people have a hard time confirming accounts here, though. I got mine confirmed in just a week or two.

ZTS, make a new account.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trying to find the nearest FGC major to me is more difficult than it should be.

Is there really not a list for this stuff?
The FGC is at each others throats over the definition alone, of course there is no list.

Say where you live and people will probably be able to tell you the closest large tournament to you.

Zissou

If you make a new account and get found out, you'd be instantly banned again. I don't know what measures are in place to detect this though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He should come back as GunbladeZTS.

And yeah they must have some way (IP probably) of detecting dupe accounts, but folks have made it through the cracks before. Maybe even one ex-FGC-GAF member, I suspect.

Top Bottom