• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

kirblar

Fighting is Magic/Arcana Heart fans = the ones living under a bridge together because laws prevent them from living within a 500 yard radius of public schools.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fighting is Magic/Arcana Heart fans = the ones living under a bridge together because laws prevent them from living within a 500 yard radius of public schools.
This joke is pretty offensive, the fighting is magic fans are allowed near schools just not with'n 500 yards of a farm
Stereotypes are funny guyz

Dahbomb

Man this is like some next level master theory crafting going on here with ShadyK trying to theory fight his way through KBR's team.

Shady K: There's a lot of heads here.
Drew Grimey: There's a lot of people here too.
Shady K: *Dirty look*
*awkward silence*

This could be pretty good!

Dahbomb

Yup, and lol at firebrand taking this long to pick up steam. People should of been all over him when zack showcased him
People didn't care much for FB when Zak played Dorm but now that he has Doom it's like... even if FB doesn't have a lock down assist his hits will do boats load of damage because of raw tag into Doom. He doesn't need unblockables to run a train through your team. And Zak's neutral with FB is improved a lot now... it's to the point where any large sized character is a free win for his team.

And then the new Shuma raw tag combo from Firebrand which does a million damage. Firebrand/ Doom / Shuma or Skrull or Ammy is the new meta.

vulva

Marvel fans are the fat girl who gets loud in class and speaks over everyone assuming she's right since she can't hear any arguments over herself.

edit: Virtua Fighter fans are super geniuses

Dahbomb

AGE crew in the house.

Intentional combo drop reset against scumbag Missile combo breakers is like some next next level smart stuff.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If Firebrand and Shuma become the new meta I'm fucking psychic lol :p

Edit: Wait no psychic isn't the right term for it I think

On an unrelated note, HOLY FUUUUUUCK my back is hurting right now.

Dahbomb

To be honest "new meta" means more than 2-3 people picking it up and people actually putting some brain into beating it. The current meta is Morrigan/Doom/Vergil and that's why we have people experimenting with other stuff. Firebrand bodies Vergil teams for free so that's why he has been popping up.

At least the good thing about MorriDoom is that people are approaching the game in a different manner from before and experimenting with characters like MODOK, Strange, Shuma even freakin' Thor.

Jaxel

Thanks Jaxel! Some feedback:

I still have some difficulty resizing a block if there is a chat block behind it.

AWnZ80N.png

In that screenshot, if I try to enlarge the video block it does not work very well, like the chat block is stealing mouse events or something (but shrinking the block works fine).

Clicking inside a video block leaves the multiview page and goes to that stream's twitch page, and it's easy to click that by accident.

Fixed the resizing issue...

As for clicking the video block and going to the twitch page... there is nothing I can do to fix that... You gotta ask twitch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Firebrand and Shuma become the new meta I'm fucking psychic lol :p

Edit: Wait no psychic isn't the right term for it I think

On an unrelated note, HOLY FUUUUUUCK my back is hurting right now.
This is all building towards PR Rog commanding the direction of the metagame when he finds some Iron Man tech to counter MorriDoom/Chris G and Beef has a mental breakdown.

Dahbomb

This is all building towards PR Rog commanding the direction of the metagame when he finds some Iron Man tech to counter MorriDoom/Chris G and Beef has a mental breakdown.
FFS Iron Man does not have MorriDoom counters. Although it would still be hilarious to see Rog beat Champ with IM.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I missed the Tekken guys complaining about Friday tournaments in here yesterday?

Not really sure why that's an issue on the west coast. Most of the majors I go to (FR, CEO, SB) are 3-day tournaments, and we manage to schedule time off from work well in advance.

I missed the Tekken guys complaining about Friday tournaments in here yesterday?

Not really sure why that's an issue on the west coast. Most of the majors I go to (FR, CEO, SB) are 3-day tournaments, and we manage to schedule time off from work well in advance.

Final Round and Seasons Beatings aren't comparable because pools began on Saturday. California players were able to make the trip because they essentially went straight from work to a flight to the east coast on the friday night.

Although I guess you can make the comparison because Justin Wong couldn't enter Marvel at Seasons Beatings because it started on Friday.

Deps

2 day majors get good turnout for Tekken, 3 day majors don't. FR and SB had Tekken start on Saturday.

Dahbomb

This is like the 3rd OG MVC2 player I have seen who has picked up MorriDoom after a long hiatus. I guess the MVC2 players wanted that team that gives them full command in the neutral so they don't have to deal with the other teams.

This is like the 3rd OG MVC2 player I have seen who has picked up MorriDoom after a long hiatus. I guess the MVC2 players wanted that team that gives them full command in the neutral so they don't have to deal with the other teams.

IIRC Rattana was known in MvC2 for his Cable, so it makes sense for him to look for the strongest zoning team possible in UMvC3.

kirblar

This is a vague post. I don't follow.

EDIT: Man, NCR's official website is a bloated POS.
SF/Marvel were split over Fri/Sat I thought?

Or, you know, they're just picking the best team in the game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SF/Marvel were split over Fri/Sat I thought?
At FR, SF4 was on Friday and MvC3 was on Saturday.

This was done specifically because those two games are huge and have the most player overlap, and putting them on separate days makes pools easier to run because you don't have to worry about accommodating as many people playing in multiple games at the same time.

Top Bottom