• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

N4Us

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/daichigairu-takareet-fighter/id899029268?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

jlFAag4.jpg

Anyone try the new character in Rise of Incarnates?

It's very different from how running units work in EXVS. Its infinite boost mode is pretty good but doesn't last long, probably want to activate it when you are completely out. Some players might not expect that and will probably let you turn the tablets on them easily.

Doesn't seem to have a lot of easy options to do damage with so it really doesn't fit in the very aggressive high paced meta game. You'd probably have to outplay your opponents by a good margin to win.

.la1n

drunk in nyc

Oneida, post if your okay ;P

Ah streamers announced for KiT 2015 in their entirety, Vandy has the current version of the schedule up on his twitter: https://twitter.com/KITVandy/status/500272487108997120

SF4: PandaxGaming
NRS: NYCFurby
Anime: FunkyP
NYCFab: 3D
VGBootcamp: Smash
SixFortyFive: KI + Marvel

SixFortyFive runs good KI streams, happy about that. Everyone else involved usually has great streams going as well.

Dawgtanian is resigning as Capcom UK's fighting game community manager at the end of the month. However, Capcom's recruiting for a replacement.

I'm applying. :D

I already work in the industry and it would be a dream job for me. Plus I could justify posting on GAF as community work. ;)

Nah but seriously this would be a huge deal for me. Dawgtanian's done a great job as the CM in pushing UK and EU tournaments and I'd love to build on those successes.

Dawgtanian is resigning as Capcom UK's fighting game community manager at the end of the month. However, Capcom's recruiting for a replacement.

I already work in the industry and it would be a dream job for me. Plus I could justify posting on GAF as community work. ;)

Nah but seriously this would be a huge deal for me. Dawgtanian's done a great job as the CM in pushing UK and EU tournaments and I'd love to build on those successes.

Good luck, always seems like the CM's have a pretty good chance to make sure Capcom aren't constantly shooting themselves in the foot.

Dahbomb

I hope you get it.

We need a god damn GAF insider at Capcom.

.la1n

I hope you get it.

We need a god damn GAF insider at Capcom.

While it sounds great in theory you know we'll never get any useful information.

Someone explain this to me?
I don't think NYC is as dangerous as all of you think it is.

Of course, I understand the general concern about being safe while inebriated.

Yeah, I was referring to just the inebriated part. I have been to NYC quite a few times. Every city becomes dangerous when you're intoxicated, for me anyway ;P

Village

I love fighting games;
why am I so bad at them?
The universe is cruel.

Everyone is bad at fighting games, some people are just bad in away that allows them to win. The only way to be good at fighting games is to not play them, the good people playing moba's and shit actually making money.

OceanBlue

Edit:
It says exhibition starts 13 hours from now. Ah when does the tournament start? If that's the start time for the tourney than it will be happening after midnight on Saturday eastern time.

I'm pretty sure it's saying that the tournament starts at 8/16 13:00 JPN. Google translate is weird about that.

Edit: Wait are you sure? I thought 開催日時:2014.08.16(土)13時開始 meant what I said above.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Well, I really hope Sega releases the next installment of the Virtua Fighter series soon. That’s all there is to say, really. Sega knows there are a lot of people who know the series, and there are players who have been supporting the franchise for a very long time. I’m sure it’s not easy to just put a game out but even if there’s just a few subtle tweaks here and there I’d still like to see a new game released.

I can recall depressed VF3tb fans played believing there would never be a sequel, so when rumors surfaced that VF4 was coming there was an elation I had never seen before, and when we had the final VF3tb tournament a lot of people came to mark the event. It was a highly emotional event, and many people were visibly upset. They were crying. Yes, competitive fighting game players cry. At the time Kurita said it was OK to cry but without a future release the scene will wither and die. So, I will wait the release to come, until that electrifying vibe returns, and that’s what I want to save my tears for.
Isamu Yamagishi (VFR Beat-Tribe Cup organizer)

NEO0MJ

Everyone is bad at fighting games, some people are just bad in away that allows them to win. The only way to be good at fighting games is to not play them, the good people playing moba's and shit actually making money.

It'a pretty funny, this year had was one of the biggest EVOs ever but the top players barely got 1% during it of what the top DOTA 2 players were awarded at their tournament.

I'm pretty sure it's saying that the tournament starts at 8/16 13:00 JPN. Google translate is weird about that.

Edit: Wait are you sure? I thought 開催日時:2014.08.16(土)13時開始 meant what I said above.
Oh ok, I think you just made a mistake with time zones. Since japan is ahead in time, midnight over here will be the following afternoon over there.

Edit: So it should be starting sometime tonight. With 80 3 man teams though, I can probably get some sleep before watching the finals.

OceanBlue

Oh ok, I think you just made a mistake with time zones. Since japan is ahead in time, midnight over here will be the following afternoon over there.

Edit: So it should be starting sometime tonight. With 80 3 man teams though, I can probably get some sleep before watching the finals.

Oh wait you're right. For some reason I thought we were ahead.

Village

It'a pretty funny, this year had was one of the biggest EVOs ever but the top players barely got 1% during it of what the top DOTA 2 players were awarded at their tournament.
There are things that need to change on the development end of bigger fighting games that would produce growth. Advertising is easy, but when little jimmy gets the game and the tutorials are obtuse to him, its not making him wanna keep playing it. Know what I mean.
More peeps playing more monetary interest.

Kumubou

There are things that need to change on the development end of bigger fighting games that would produce growth. Advertising is easy, but when little jimmy gets the game and the tutorials are obtuse to him, its not making him wanna keep playing it. Know what I mean.
More peeps playing more monetary interest.
I've always thought that this argument is a load of crap. The tutorials in LoL and Dota 2 are just as useless as the ones in most modern fighting games, if not more so. Never mind that the genre is just as impeniterable to new players as fighting games are. However, there is way more community-driven content for MOBAs, and all of Jimmy's friends play LoL/Dota 2 so they can teach him how to play. There's also the small matter of Riot and Valve having orders of magnitude more in terms of resources and competence than Capcom will ever see. Capcom is killing e-sports!

Top Bottom