• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

If someone else authorized a PS3 after you remotely deauthorized it? I'm pretty sure you're boned. Only time I've heard of PS3s getting remotely deauthed beyond their activation limit was when they were reported stolen. Your only real option is if you can find out who did it and get them to deauthorize the console from the PS3 (then you'll get the slot back). Let's be real -- not very many people should have the credentials, so you may be able to figure it out with enough prodding.

Yea I know who all have the acc since I know them irl, just gotta figure out what's up lol

Beef is getting married?!

wut

I can't even type Im so mad at you guys. My uncle killed himself infront of my cousin when he was little. So much of what you have said in this thread is infurating & offensive. Your comments are ignorant & naive. I don't care if I get banned you make me sick to my stomach.

Dahbomb

Someone was able to pull off the dead body glitch in a real UMVC3 match! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWk-LOzRzsU&feature=youtu.be

THIS IS THE GGGGGAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEE WWWWWWWEEEE PPPPPPLLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even type Im so mad at you guys. My uncle killed himself infront of my cousin when he was little. So much of what you have said in this thread is infurating & offensive. Your comments are ignorant & naive. I don't care if I get banned you make me sick to my stomach.
Are you going to give me my money before you get banned? Because if you get banned I have literally no way of contacting you.

Dahbomb

I was trying to deal with him on PM like a gentleman but if he's going to get banned then there is literally no way of me contacting him and a 0.00001% chance of getting my money.

smurfx

get some go again
I was trying to deal with him on PM like a gentleman but if he's going to get banned then there is literally no way of me contacting him and a 0.00001% chance of getting my money.
you ain't getting that money ban or no ban.

I'll try & send you it right now. I told you to keep reminding me so I wouldn't forget. Can't believe you would choose this as a time to ask me for it...

I'll try & send you it right now. I told you to keep reminding me so I wouldn't forget. Can't believe you would choose this as a time to ask me for it...
Chrono Phantasma is going to be $19.99 tomorrow. We all know why he wants that money. Everything in FGW always loops right back into anime. It's the terrible truth no one wants to admit.

a perfectly good chance to teach or inform someone on the issues of depression and its effects on the human psyche, but instead people want to get internet cookie points immortalizing ignorance or pointing out how morally superior you are through insults. no mention of sensible dialogue on a private setting.

bravo

I can post superyan's response to balance it out.

superyan
Not to defend ChrisG’s tweet (I think I made my case in my reply), but I want to respond to people who speak ill of suicide victims. It’s a natural response to be angry and disappointed at a person who kills or even hurts someone you love. In the case of suicide, people feel the cause of death is the victim themselves and I think they get mixed feelings about it. “I’m sad Bob died but Bob took Bob away from us, I dunno how to feel” sort of deal. I don’t think anyone is going to argue that another person’s suicide is easy to deal with.

The truth is, nobody can possibly understand what he was going through or how he felt-- depression to the point where and incredibly smart, gifted, loved person decides death is the best—or maybe only—path to take. “Suicide isn’t an option”? Bullshit. It is an option. It’s a very real option that many people actually take every day, unfortunately. Depression kills almost like cancer-you don’t just pick up a gun or jump off a roof one morning, you suffer a very long time until it ends you.

Please acknowledge depression for the nearly inescapable shithole that it is, and maybe have an open heart for people’s struggles, rather than shrugging and basically calling someone weak. I think we’re all mad and upset Robin Williams is gone. Don’t make this about you. Don’t take it out on him. Just acknowledge what happened and maybe take something from it.

Dahbomb

yo dahbomb, we in for some nemo v fchamp betting?

If it's happening then yea but the bet has to be renewed. I don't even remember terms of the last one.

I told you to keep reminding me so I wouldn't forget.
Not my responsibility. I shouldn't have to give you PMs every day to remind you that you owe money.

The reason why I made this post now because I legitimately thought that post would get you banned.

OceanBlue

I can post superyan's response to balance it out.

Very heartfelt post. People underestimate how much of an effect prolonged depression has on you. I'd also like to refer people to this: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/what-causes-depression.htm . People need to realize that, for a lot of people, depression means their brain isn't functioning "normally". You can't judge people with depression thinking, "Well I and other people know not to do this," because you aren't thinking the same way someone with depression is.

There's a This American Life (or RadioLab, I don't remember) episode where they talk about suicide IIRC. It helps to listen to people who actually attempted suicide and how they saw things when they made that choice. I don't understand a lot about it either; I'm not really close to anyone who committed suicide. I think people need to open their minds a bit though.

Dahbomb choose, PSN, XBL, or Steam gift card. Like I predicted paypal is not working for me.

Oh shit this is a good idea.

vulva

If it's happening then yea but the bet has to be renewed. I don't even remember terms of the last one.

Not my responsibility. I shouldn't have to give you PMs every day to remind you that you owe money.

The reason why I made this post now because I legitimately thought that post would get you banned.

yeah we'll discuss it more closer to the actual event. I just thought of it now given current conversation

His soul is at least worth a bag of doritos.

cat-crying.gif

It's funny because the Nova player did the glitch but it doesn't benefit him in anyway.
You're basically asking to get killed even quicker than usual (Unless you're trying to Happy Birthday them).
It's a risk but I think it's definitely a risk worth taking. It's hard as hell trying to control 2 characters at once. Taskmaster just kept ruining the fun.

Very heartfelt post. People underestimate how much of an effect prolonged depression has on you. I'd also like to refer people to this: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/what-causes-depression.htm . People need to realize that, for a lot of people, depression means their brain isn't functioning "normally".Oh shit this is a good idea.

As a tangent from this, I fucking hatehatehatehate how "normal" is synonymous with "good" and "not normal" automatically means a person is "wrong" (which can kinda be the case) but especially infuriatingly insinuated to be "less human" somehow. It's fucking infuriating. Someone's unusual? Nope, can't call the person "not normal" because people don't interpret it as "unusual but a-ok" and instead go for "defective, subhuman".

It.
Annoys.
Me.
To.
No.
End.

And will likely offend someone here. If so, fuck that. I declare war on political correctness.

EDIT: To clarify, because I have a bit of a hard time finding the correct words to drill down on the source of irritation. Another angle to look at might be the conflation between natural, normal, good. Someone being gay isn't normal, per se, but it's natural and doesn't do jack to anyone. Can just as well be a hobby. Normal people don't find doing qcf~hcb easy. A KOF player might. It's the lack of that kind of separation that annoys the hell out of me.

Also, sorry for the hijack.

CPS2

THIS IS THE GGGGGAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEE WWWWWWWEEEE PPPPPPLLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to give me my money before you get banned? Because if you get banned I have literally no way of contacting you.

This might be my favourite post in this thread ever.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It's funny because the Nova player did the glitch but it doesn't benefit him in anyway.
You're basically asking to get killed even quicker than usual (Unless you're trying to Happy Birthday them).
If the player controlling 2 characters ever returns his controller to neutral, one character leaves and never comes back, as if he was killed. There's definitely an advantage to doing it; the other guy just wasn't caught off-guard.

Top Bottom