• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

petghost

Banned
Out of interest, guys, is Darkstalkers worth a cheeky purchase as it's on sale?

is it resurrection? both games included in that are very unique and amazing but im not sure how many people are still playing online. they do have some cool trial mode stuff and all that though and it would be rad for playing with friends.

if you wanna play vsav aka darkstalkers 3 online i'd recommend doing it on ggpo.

Marz

If Marvel had that SFxTK colour edit mode.

collector.gif

I do appreciate what they tried to do with the referential colours though.

Color edit is ass I hated going online on sfxt and all these idiots have bright neon colors or all black everything.

Shit hurt my eyes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can't believe people care about Tomb Raider...

Well it did sell over 3 million copies.

Can't believe they care so much about the console exclusivity.
I think people are upset because most people bought a ps4, not to mention the series has always been multiplat or on ps. So the sequel to a game that just had a release on ps4 not being on it for a while is understandable why some would be upset if they enjoyed the first one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The console wars are so laughable these days. Exclusivity means nothing anymore when games eventually show up elsewhere. There are plenty of games to play while waiting or you can be more logical and buy every system.

sephi22

twitch.tv/aquasilk
Silk streaming. He messaged Triforce on FB saying that he wants to join EMP and if EMP is still alive. Triforce says it is.
Silk's asking chat what to reply with, chat says Ravioli. Lets see what happens

Kumubou

The console wars are so laughable these days. Exclusivity means nothing anymore when games eventually show up elsewhere. There are plenty of games to play while waiting or you can be more logical and buy every system.
Buying all three consoles costs a bit more than a rack though, and most people either don't have the money or the time for that.

The whole meltdown with the new Tomb Raider is funny -- the one thing I'm legitimately curious is the thought process that MS and Square-Enix followed where they both thought this was a good idea. I just don't see how it makes any sense for Microsoft, assuming that the money is high enough for it to make sense for Square-Enix.

Honestly, I'm more confused by Kojima producing a Silent Hill game. Hell, Konami making a new game is a shock... is all of Konami's videogame development under KojiPro now? At this rate, we're going to see Kojima directing Beatmania IIDX next.

Sayad

Well it did sell over 3 million copies.

I think people are upset because most people bought a ps4, not to mention the series has always been multiplat or on ps. So the sequel to a game that just had a release on ps4 not being on it for a while is understandable why some would be upset if they enjoyed the first one.
About 7 million by now, also, the main TR games were never exclusive. It might have been mostly associated with PS, but there was always a PC version. I can see why people would be upset but personally, I couldn't care less after the last game.

kirblar

Buying all three consoles costs a bit more than a rack though, and most people either don't have the money or the time for that.

The whole meltdown with the new Tomb Raider is funny -- the one thing I'm legitimately curious is the thought process that MS and Square-Enix followed where they both thought this was a good idea. I just don't see how it makes any sense for Microsoft, assuming that the money is high enough for it to make sense for Square-Enix.

Honestly, I'm more confused by Kojima producing a Silent Hill game. Hell, Konami making a new game is a shock... is all of Konami's videogame development under KojiPro now? At this rate, we're going to see Kojima directing Beatmania IIDX next.
MS is behind and are going to be trying to catch up using any means necessary/possible. Simple as that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MS is behind and are going to be trying to catch up using any means necessary/possible. Simple as that.
This doesn't make much sense. MS has used timed exclusivity as means for adding value to their consoles for nearly a decade, even when they were in the lead, and for the most part it's done well for them. People weren't wildin' like this when Bioshock came out, were they? People draw lines around what they want to be upset over.

If you would have called this a late port or the developer had said they need some time to optimize it for other platfoms (hell, even if they outright said because PS4 and PC are more powerful), there wouldn't be this big of an outrage. And for that reason, it's all very silly.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

From my days at 1up and so forth, a lot of these people so invested into console wars have some kind of mindset with being so loyal to whatever company they like for whatever reason. Most of them have more than enough money to buy every console but I guess people just like representing their views on what they like or do not like.

Village

From my days at 1up and so forth, a lot of these people so invested into console wars have some kind of mindset with being so loyal to whatever company they like for whatever reason. Most of them have more than enough money to buy every console but I guess people just like representing their views on what they like or do not like.

They don't want to buy an Xbox for one video game, because nothing on x box interests them. And they espically don't wanna do that to a sequel of a game they liked that was available on 3 platforms.

I would imagine people would be a bit peeved,sure they have enough money to buy an xbone is buying an Xbone for tomb raider really a worthy investment?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They don't want to buy an Xbox for one video game, because nothing on x box interests them. And they espically don't wanna do that to a sequel of a game they liked that was available on 3 platforms.

I would imagine people would be a bit peeved,sure they have enough money to buy an xbone is buying an Xbone for tomb raider really a worthy investment?

That's why it's a not big deal because it'll eventually come to the PC and PS4 anyway because SE games are never truly exclusive to one single platform?

GAF meltdowns crack me up. It's like the end of the world to them. This is on par with FFXIII coming to 360.

Theres so many options competing for our entertaining money nowadays that its almost financially unattainable for the majority of people. even more so than before.

it used to be you could game on a limited amount of devices. a couple of consoles, the pc, and maybe nintendo's handheld.

now you have pcs, enthusiast pcs, 3 next gen consoles, 2 handhelds, tablets and phones.

also there's a lot of crossover between the next gen consoles so the need to have all 3 is even less (and pc now too!). so when you decide to buy a console, only buying one is a much better investment.

but it also means that when the rare exclusive comes around, you might not have the option to buy the console for it in the foreseable future, and that causes this loyalty to what you have spent money on. even when logic has shown its going to come to your console of choice not that long down the line anyways. But some people are purists who believe that unless they buy the game within 1-2 months of release the desire is gone and they never get the game.

Village

That's why it's a not big deal because it'll eventually come to the PC and PS4 anyway because SE games are never truly exclusive to one single platform?

GAF meltdowns crack me up. It's like the end of the world to them. This is on par with FFXIII coming to 360.

Unless I am wrong there is no word ( or they cannot speak on ) whether it will be timed or just strait up exclusive. If I am not wrong, then the people are just operating on the statement xbox exclusive and thats... kind of reasonable because that's all the information they have. They are upset at the information that was given.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I definitely can't afford all 3 consoles, mostly because of the cost of buying 3 extra controllers for each one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Unless I am wrong there is no word ( or they cannot speak on ) whether it will be timed or just strait up exclusive. If I am not wrong, then the people are just operating on the statement xbox exclusive and thats... kind of reasonable because that's all the information they have. They are upset at the information that was given.

The title of the thread itself was changed to being timed exclusive. Really. People just like whining. While they wait for TR they can play the truly exclusive games on PS4 in the mean time. No big deal. PS4 will probably get a definitive version ala GOTY type thing when the time comes.

Village

The title of the thread itself was changed to being timed exclusive. Really. People just like whining. While they wait for TR they can play the truly exclusive games on PS4 in the mean time. No big deal. PS4 will probably get a definitive version ala GOTY type thing when the time comes.

Oh?
I wasn't are of that.

Top Bottom