• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It just takes practice, I personally just lightly tap X for short jump, and then do aerials with C-Stick. Project M has a visual indicator of when you properly L-Cancel too.

This visual indicator... Is it the air that pop up as you land? Never really broke down Melee into a science until a couple of months ago and I'm still learning again.

Cloud vs Coach Steve FT10 at Summer Jam.

http://fb.me/3EMXU7PG6

At least it isn't against Flux again. That 25-11 made Coach Steve the Zero killer.

%£#¥]+?!

I thought we all knew it was an exclusive PS4 title? Was his linkedin account fake? A thread was made about it quite a while back. I'm assuming either Captivate (if they do do it this year) or the year end Capcom Tournament (which should be big in my opinion and the audience Capcom needs to show their new game(s) too.)

I'm really watching this shit right now

this is where my life is now

You can kill two birds with one stone, grab some dumbbells and you got your perfect day.

Vice

I respect that.

I think Cloud being better than Flux is honestly debatable and it's a pointless debate to be had. We know that Flux and Cloud are both strong players who play ZMC with similar resumes. We also know that Coach Steve has a lot of experience against Flux. The argument being made here is that Coach Steve is very experienced in the match up. The only argument you can make here is that Cloud's Dante is his best character while it's Flux's worst

Flux's Vergil is also much worse than Cloud's.

Cloud also has quite a bit of experience against coach Steve's team as well. Infrit, based on performance, is the second best player of team Nova/Spencer/Doom.Cloud also has better experience in high level situations than Flux, typically better tournament placings and better results in high level longsets. Cloud is less likely to choke which is important in these first to whatevers. In the Flux vs Steve match, Flux kept throwing away games with drops and errors. Cloud is the more consistent and optimized player of the team.

And from the best coast

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Your character flashes white.

Oh no, I know that. I guess I misunderstood the statement. I thought it was something like the exclamation mark that would pop up in Thousand Year Door to indicate when you could taunt in between your moves.

I just need to learn timing that's all. Thanks for the clarification.

Infinite

Flux's Vergil is also much worse than Cloud's.

Cloud also has quite a bit of experience against coach Steve's team as well. Infrit, based on performance, is the second best player of team Nova/Spencer/Doom.Cloud also has better experience in high level situations than Flux, typically better tournament placings and better results in high level longsets. Cloud is less likely to choke which is important in these first to whatevers. In the Flux vs Steve match, Flux kept throwing away games with drops and errors. Cloud is the more consistent and optimized player of the team.

And from the best coast

I don't agree that Flux's vergil is way worse than Cloud's. "Much worse" is an exaggeration. The difference in skill between them is negligible and not at all like the obvious differences between their Dante's.

You're also making this about who's better between Flux and Cloud (which is irrelevant and they're both very talented and decorated players of the team) and not about who can win between Coach Steve and Cloud. Coach Steve has proven himself to be a ZMC killer considering his history with Flux destroying him and very long sets by huge margins. I put my money on Coach Steve considering this. Also it's not like Flux is some random scrub that anyone can body. Flux has proven himself to be a top player in the game of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Kimosabae

Banned
Speaking of Melee, here's an awesome old school Melee doubles match featuring me (SynikaL), Thomas Tipman, Shizwiz and Lambchops the S Florida Smash group recently posted on Facebook. The results... may surprise you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOLeHB4nxg

Mind you, this is the era before commentary, so you might actually have to have some interest in Melee. Christ, time flies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Speaking of Melee, here's an old school Melee doubles match featuring me (SynikaL), Thomas Tipman, Shizwiz and Lambchops the S Florida Smash group recently posted on Facebook. The results... may surprise you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOLeHB4nxg

Mind you, this is the era before commentary, so you might actually have to have some interest in Melee. Christ, time flies.

Kimo, who do you play as in Project M?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flux is better than Cloud. Period.
tumblr_mu4ecb0ATA1sj429io1_500.gif

Vice

I don't agree that Flux's vergil is way worse than Cloud's. "Much worse" is an exaggeration. The difference in skill between them is negligible and not at all like the obvious differences between their Dante's.

You're also making this about who's better between Flux and Cloud (which is irrelevant and they're both very talented and decorated players of the team) and not about who can win between Coach Steve and Cloud. Coach Steve has proven himself to be a ZMC killer considering his history with Flux destroying him and very long sets by huge margins. I put my money on Coach Steve considering this. Also it's not like Flux is some random scrub that anyone can body. Flux has proven himself to be a top player in the game of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

It is to illustrate that Steve's success against Flux does not mean he will have similar results against Cloud. Cloud is familiar with the match-up, consistently beats Infrit when using either of his Nova/Spencer/x teams but, I don't believe Clould will steamroll Steve. Flux is good but Cloud is a stronger ZMC player who has more consistent execution and less of a chance to choke. Consistency and nerves matter more than anything else in longsets and those are things that Flux struggles with that Cloud doesn't. Flux is the Tony Romo of the FGC and Cloud is Aaron Rodgers.

Dahbomb

dahbomb I bet you a random game from my steam inventory that Cloud will win
How do you gift games from your own inventory? Or would you just re-purchase the game to send as a gif?

Anyway this match isn't happening any time soon so no need to lock in anything.

Silky

Banned
How do you gift games from your own inventory? Or would you just re-purchase the game to send as a gif?

Anyway this match isn't happening any time soon so no need to lock in anything.

there's an option to send gifts in the inventory when you select it.

You know people would probably take you more seriously, and actually consider that your opinion might be valid if you didn't fill your posts with ridiculous hyperbole.

Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 5, DOA3, & Soul Calibur 3 all look better than SF4. Heck fuckin SOUL CALIBUR 2 looks better. Maybe you should stop being a fanboy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 5, DOA3, & Soul Calibur 3 all look better than SF4. Heck fuckin SOUL CALIBUR 2 looks better. Maybe you should stop being a fanboy.
Hopefully you're just arguing art here, because graphically none of those games come close to SF4 in fidelity. Not only that but that SF4 is pushing at least 3x the pixels of any of those games.

Dahbomb

Why is that bum ass deckard guy ain't on all of your ignore list?
Ignore list doesn't do much, other people can still quote the ignored person and their posts still show up when copy/pasted etc. Plus you know the person is posting so even if their posts don't say anything they have a presence on the board and it becomes an eye sore reading through the pages.

Who are you?

Unlike the people in here.. I would smack the fuck out of you and do in front of thousands of people and give 0 fucks.

That's who... so listen you want to troll you want to be funny do it with other members in the FGC weekly, but if you step to me I swear to fucking god I beat the shit out of your entire family tree.

And no I'm not joking or doing it for laughs like I do with Panda and Beef. So just leave my name out of your mouth and go on with your business.

Hopefully you're just arguing art here, because graphically none of those games come close to SF4 in fidelity. Not only that but that SF4 is pushing at least 3x the pixels of any of those games.

LOL! Pixels!?? Dud OMG you are funny, I didn't know chatacter models were determined graphically superior due to their PIXEL COUNT. Go download SC2HD, a PS2 game, play it, go play SF4. Since SC2 now has the same or more amount of PIXELS, Ill let you be the judge.

Kimosabae

Banned
Unlike the people in here.. I would smack the fuck out of you and do in front of thousands of people and give 0 fucks.

That's who... so listen you want to troll you want to be funny do it with other members in the FGC weekly, but if you step to me I swear to fucking god I beat the shit out of your entire family tree.

And no I'm not joking or doing it for laughs like I do with Panda and Beef. So just leave my name out of your mouth and go on with your business.

This post is embarrassing.

I've actually just unignored both of them. This always happens.

On another note, have people in this thread ever posted pics of their gaming setups? I'm actually curious at the variety of places people play. Couches, desks, cabinets, etc.

Dahbomb

YBdAZA8.gif

Village

Hey guys I just bought KOF, its weird and fun game I prefer SF but..

oh shit

Top Bottom