• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

I'll give them some credit, they did increased the prize pot by quite a lot. Last year it was 20k between 3 games, now it's 50k for one.

As for how it's split, just my personal opinion but I'm glad they made it top heavy. I like the fact that when it's GF, a lot is on the line. Not just the title of being champion, but your wallet is really going to be hurting if you lose. I think it makes it more exciting for the viewers as well.

I like to have a deep payout for most events - makes it possible for more people to attend and compete and have a shot at actually winning something. For the biggest of the big, yeah, a top heavy pot is good to muster up the hype.

Sayad

Eww Poongko, the one time in the match where he had to use an uppercut without taking a gamble... He just froze and took the chip damage. :(

Baleoce

I'm surprised a modern for hire venue like millenium point doesn't offer internet for events. From what I gather they're having to rely on dongle/wireless, which in the UK is never a good idea.

superarcade said:
i truly truly did want to put you on blast or make it out that you are a bad guy in any way, but by your posts and opinions you have left me with no choice.
And this is why you proof read your posts.

CPS2

"you have left me with no choice!"

Love the dramatic delivery of these lines. Great way to hype up what sounds like merging the streams or whatever.

alstein

Love the dramatic delivery of these lines. Great way to hype up what sounds like merging the streams or whatever.

This really sounds like both sides blowing this up way out of proportion- and a solution would be pretty easy. FGC knows drama as usual.

Not to mention that the general Japanese/Korean skill level is higher, but two of the US players had to drop out due to prior commitments and one of our subs is probably still sleeping. I think the Yuropeans had a similar issue

Uncle AJ

We'll be streaming out monthly MAXOUT event starting around Noon CST today. Hosted by Kansas City but we've got players from all over the Midwest for USF4, UMVC3, Skullgirls and UNIEL. I've been rebuilding our stream layout from the ground up too; this will be the debut!

http://twitch.tv/kcsrk

Shouta

This really sounds like both sides blowing this up way out of proportion- and a solution would be pretty easy. FGC knows drama as usual.

Should be easy but it depends on what requirements Super Arcade has put on them. Watson not going ahead and talking to the affected streamers, or at least Jyosua, ahead of time is pretty silly though. You don't leave a stakeholder out of something big.

Silky

Banned
Should be easy but it depends on what requirements Super Arcade has put on them. Watson not going ahead and talking to the affected streamers, or at least Jyosua, ahead of time is pretty silly though. You don't leave a stakeholder out of something big.

PM sent

Shito

Yeah isn't it the Poison player HuwDawson was hyping?
Where are we in the tournament? I've just stumbled upon it after wanting to try out the PC beta and see that the server were down or something, because I can't find any room nor create one.

pixelish

Yeah isn't it the Poison player HuwDawson was hyping?
Where are we in the tournament? I've just stumbled upon it after wanting to try out the PC beta and see that the server were down or something, because I can't find any room nor create one.

they're closing in to top 32. based on the brackets for this pool, huwdawson is still surviving in losers. hopefully he will have a deep run in this tournament.

Kalamari

I feel jyousua didn't even say anything bad. Just that he doesn't know what's up and wanted to know since rebel up was on the weekend

I agree, misunderstood context, it seems that it wasn't explained clearly, who's fault is that?

Haha, no choice but to what? Does Watson have files?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Watson comes off as not thinking of Jyosua's stream as being significant enough to factor into the decision

Top Bottom