• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

jbug617

Banned
If Capcom wants to raise funds for Capcom Cup I think they need more character designs on shirts. Right now the selection is not that hot.

thehadou

Neo Member
If Capcom wants to raise funds for Capcom Cup I think they need more character designs on shirts. Right now the selection is not that hot.

Gotta give it time. Future events will hopefully have more character product. We certainly have character designs in mind.

Best advice for people who want character tees is to buy the VSF event shirt or the Shun Goku Satsu items. Sales on that kind of stuff pushes for more of that kind of stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think shirts with event info emblazoned all over them are less interesting of a sell to people who aren't actually attending too. Limited edition designs from artists or community designers like Koogy would be more effective.

Also I don't understand how reserving works or why that's in place?

thehadou

Neo Member
I think shirts with event info emblazoned all over them are less interesting of a sell to people who aren't actually attending too. Limited edition designs from artists or community designers like Koogy would be more effective.

No disagreement on limited edition stuff being optimal.

.la1n

At this point it's clear that Watson's approach to handling miscommunication is probably more dangerous than whatever the change is itself.

I understand he is just trying to defend himself but sometimes it's best to just let people talk and ignore it. Address it on your own time without feeling the need to rebuke everything you see online. It comes off a lot more professional that way.

thehadou

Neo Member
I understand he is just trying to defend himself but sometimes it's best to just let people talk and ignore it. Address it on your own time without feeling the need to rebuke everything you see online. It comes off a lot more professional that way.

This is incredibly true. Its also incredibly difficult.

jbug617

Banned

No disagreement on limited edition stuff being optimal.

Koogy is up for work outside BT
https://twitter.com/koogyplz/status/503228101569314816
@koogyplz: Decided to stop being a stubborn jerk and accept some design work outside of BT for once. If your event / app needs help, hit me up. 👍

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AW YISS
ib0QrNulM3AlRA.png

Thanks, hope Valmaster wins so we have a Chun at the Capcom tourney.

Well technically neither he or any of the other 6 unqualified players remaining has to win the whole thing. If Louffy or Ryan finishes first then 2nd place winner goes. If both guys end up in GF, 3rd place finisher goes.

jbug617

Banned
Watson posted on Kappa.
oldmanwatts 2 points 53 minutes ago

hello kappa mob. just wanted to shed a bit of light on the situation. we will be streaming rebel up due to the fact we can bring in a larger audience and potential sponsors for their event. those who stream know that there are barely pennies to be made streaming in which jyosua and i both agreed that this is the case. he is more pissed that he isnt in control and we will settle this today.

as a matter of fact, our attendees for this event requested we start streaming it in hopes of it reaching a larger audience. btw, if you come down to talk to someone man to man, it might be wise not to go home immediately and become an online activist who rants and posts his displeasure if you are the one trying to win a battle.....

see you around guys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watson posted on Kappa.
kanyedisbelief.gif

>>criticize other party for being unprofessional and throwing shade on a different platform rather than resolving issue directly
>>be unprofessional and start throwing shade on a different platform
>>would rather spend time jabbing back and forth with a partner than resolving the issue

remist

Big E, Shinblanka, and Watson all making fools out of themselves this week. Kinda disappointing to see how these big names act behind the scenes.

I feel like Watson is misunderstanding the whole jyo thing. He thinks that jyo is out for the CPM? I mean, thats what I assume when he calls him selfish and egotistic

errr really? He probably hasn't even earned enough cpm to pay for his equipment yet lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Big E, Shinblanka, and Watson all making fools out of themselves this week. Kinda disappointing to see how these big names act behind the scenes.

I feel like Watson isn't even being reasonable. Jyousa came here concerned and confused about the situation. It wasn't a rant, it wasn't complaining, it was CLEARLY miscommunication on Watson's end with not explaining it well enough. Hell even rotanibor wasn't clear on what was going to happen. Thought Watson was a cool guy, still is, but he just ended up disappointing me with how he unprofessionally called out on Jyousa when Jyousa clearly just wanted to know if he'd be able to stream since he wasn't told anything.

FGW | He became an online activist instead of being a man

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not going to judge or pick a side on this whole Super Arcade streaming stuff.

Sounds like this is a confusing mess, and I hope everything works out.

I'd say her fun levels went up due to her being a bit easier to play now compared to her CS version.

I'd play her more if I was better at getting some of her situational stuff down along with her harder combos. Seeing some of her optimal crazy corner carry stuff, I didn't have the time to put into it :/

In other news, I'm playing Melty again. lol

Edit: And I'm not able to go to Rebel or TRB next week, so I guess no tourneys for me for awhile.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd play her more if I was better at getting some of her situational stuff down along with her harder combos. Seeing some of her optimal crazy corner carry stuff, I didn't have the time to put into it :/

I still think she's the second hardest character to play tied with Nu. Carl being the hardest, and Valk just after them

skippedwords

Neo Member
this is watson posting under my friends acct because i do not post here and i dont use a non-free email so i couldnt make an account instantly.

anyways, there has been a lot of misinformation going around lately in terms of my arcade and the streaming here. rebel up will still be streamed and we will still have side streams for all the games if required. jyosua has gone on his own and made many statements here and on his twitter that are not true in terms of him putting words in my mouth and making many assumptions. i do not need to go into details on that but i will say that i do care about our streamers and appreciate the work they have done. what i do not like is someone coming to talk to me in person and claiming they understand the reasoning we have behind moving these streams to our own new twitch channel, then leaving our establishment to go online and make these comments.

if there was an issue we could have talked more in person. why go home and claim you were uninformed, or not sure what was going on? YOU WERE HERE. there is no excuse for this. also, when you take this route, you are basically telling me you are childish and seeking to play the role of victim. our goals at super arcade are to bring more viewers to each event and possible create opportunities to provide bonus pots and prizes to these smaller events.

regardless, since i saw people on here mentioning they didnt know what was going on, i wanted to personally inform everyone here that we will still be streaming rebel up and that this event will be receiving more and more exposure. thank you for reading.

Top Bottom