• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

TheChits

Tony Stark
EWmof.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Busaiku Anyone have a link to information about Arc Revo Cup 2014? Having difficulty finding a schedule, stream info, etc. Nothing on Dustloop really either.

So on Capcom Pro Tour's website it says that the Taito National Tournament(singles) is October 11th. This one is the premiere tournament that guarantees the winner a spot in the Capcom Pro Tour. So if that's not for another month and a half then what's this stream I'm watching right now on UStream? It's also run by Taito and seems to be a big deal.

I also watched the archive, it was funny to see Daigo get blown up by that model. Of the 3 the Chun player is the only one who has gotten pretty good while the other 2 are still learning.

Veggy

VSFighting 4 streams will begin in about 4 hours (3 different stream, one for USF4, one for everything else, and one for ST), the full schedule can be found here http://www.vsfighting.com/tournament-details/

Many strong players are in attendance for USF4 including Ryan Hart, Luffy, Alioune, Dieminion etc. so definitely worth checking out!

I will be commentating on TTT2 and UMvC3, hope to see you guys on stream chat!

been holding out for a while but I finally bit and hopped on that skullgirls. at that price its hard to resist
Let me know if you want to play. I'm like the only half decent guy who won't go out of this way to curbstomp people. Online gaming on SG can be brutal.

Do the general tutorials like three times each. It should be a rule of thumb.

does anyone here play EX2+ online via Kailerra or anything? i'm down to run some games.

Let me know if you want to play. I'm like the only half decent guy who won't go out of this way to curbstomp people. Online gaming on SG can be brutal.

Do the general tutorials like three times each. It should be a rule of thumb.

steam id is emperorbohe, im down once i learn the game a bit

It's not that big of a surprise considering last year, the budget and prize pool was shared between 3 games.

I'll give them some credit, they did increased the prize pot by quite a lot. Last year it was 20k between 3 games, now it's 50k for one.

As for how it's split, just my personal opinion but I'm glad they made it top heavy. I like the fact that when it's GF, a lot is on the line. Not just the title of being champion, but your wallet is really going to be hurting if you lose. I think it makes it more exciting for the viewers as well.

alstein

I'll give them some credit, they did increased the prize pot by quite a lot. Last year it was 20k between 3 games, now it's 50k for one.

As for how it's split, just my personal opinion but I'm glad they made it top heavy. I like the fact that when it's GF, a lot is on the line. Not just the title of being champion, but your wallet is really going to be hurting if you lose. I think it makes it more exciting for the viewers as well.

I think that's great for the high end competitive events.

For your typical majors, I think you want a more WSOP-style approach where your average player can get lucky and win on a good day.

I think there's room for and a need for both types of events.

Vice

Less than what the SFxT winner got 2 years ago(Infil got 25k and a car valued at even more than that). But still, 30k to the winner is pretty damn hype regardless. Nice to see a FG tournament again where a ton of money is on the line.
30k+shirt proceeds. Good to borrow from the Dota model.

SMFH at Laugh using Rose now. Dude been on that Ryu train for years then goes top tier with Eryu then goes to a level beyond ascended saiyan with Rose.

El Sloth

Banned
SMFH at Laugh using Rose now. Dude been on that Ryu train for years then goes top tier with Eryu then goes to a level beyond ascended saiyan with Rose.
Laugh has always used Rose. I used to watch videos of him playing back when I first got Super. In my opinion, he was even the best Rose before he started playing more Ryu.

Top Bottom