• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

El Sloth

Banned
Are there a lot more Japanese Rose players now or was it a coincidence that one was on stream every time I tuned back in? Was it just one guy doing really well? lol

OceanBlue

Are there a lot more Japanese Rose players now or was it a coincidence that one was on stream every time I tuned back in? Was it just one guy doing really well? lol

Was it against two Rolentos? If so it was probably just Ninomae.

I think this is the last match.

Edit: Lol, last team match I mean.

Rhapsody

Banned
Vatista is maxed out on my fuck this game meter I can't get annoyed at any other character :p Linne while she resets over and over and can make you feel really stupid half the time when I get hit I shrug off the damage haha

Vatista's difficult, but I've gotten used to it. Playing against Pain and Brkrdave really helped.

Knowing how to use her helped me out as well since I kinda know the tricky stuff she has.

While I wouldn't say Linne is as frustrating as other characters, she's pretty much the Wolverine of this game (so I'm not surprised Justin uses her lol)

El Sloth

Banned
Was it against two Rolentos? If so it was probably just Ninomae.

I think this is the last match.

Edit: Lol, last team match I mean.
Too bad, was hoping there was a big Japanese Rose bandwagon after evo.

im playing skullgirls for the godlike animation more than anything
hahaha, are you feeling so guilty about actually playing it that you had to come here and qualify it to the thread in general?

OceanBlue

Too bad, was hoping there was a big Japanese Rose bandwagon after evo.

hahaha, are you feeling so guilty about actually playing it that you had to come here and qualify it to the thread in general?
Well Keshikaran was playing Poison this tournament. :p

who won teams?

It was only to top 4.

Teams are over, but singles (up to top 8) should be happening in about 30 minutes.

Edit: Actually I don't know when they're going to do top 4 lol. Google Translate only goes so far. :(

Azure J

Vatista's difficult, but I've gotten used to it. Playing against Pain and Brkrdave really helped.

Knowing how to use her helped me out as well since I kinda know the tricky stuff she has.

While I wouldn't say Linne is as frustrating as other characters, she's pretty much the Wolverine of this game (so I'm not surprised Justin uses her lol)

Who would you say is the Dante?

Seyavesh

been meaning to check out animal man, new 52 stuff an okay place to start?

ehhh... i don't think so

the new 52 animal man changed writers/direction (it's one of the two but it might as well be writers with how drastic of a quality drop it was) a little in so this insanely interesting concept ultimately got scrapped in favor of a much more generic kinda outlook on the thing. plus it's a victim of really harsh editorial meddling later on in that run too so it ends up just getting worse and worse. i dropped it around that period.

the concept is seriously extremely interesting though and a really fantastic and unique thing- there's a very heavy horror aspect to it and the initial writer really does strong work with it

the quintessential animal man is grant morrison's- it's a bit dated and definitely blunders quite a few times but the run is overall pretty short (26 issues) and the highs are some of the greatest highs in the mediums, i think.

i think it's considered to be one of the greatest comic runs period and i personally feel it's there or very close for good reason. but you can definitely tell it's a product of it's time in the same way you can tell watchmen is. i don't know if i'd say it really detracts from it but rather it provides insight to it's contents in the same way you'd do so with watchmen

OceanBlue

LOL. Tokido, Nemo, Keshikaran, and KOK are all in the same spot in the bracket. At least it's double elimination. Or is it 2/3? lol

They're currently talking going through the brackets of the singles tournament if anyone got tired of waiting.

TheChits

Santhrax
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Kumubou

You know, I think MvC2 would actually get stiff if it was on stream constantly... but at the rate it actually appears on stream, it'll never get old.

El Sloth

Banned
No one has the same swag as Dante. In terms of the amount of overall tools, I'd say... Eltnum?

Eltnum has way better damage than UMvC3 Dante though, haha.
And as far as aesthetics go, Gordeau has a Ragna Dante color! And fights with his hands in his pockets most of the time! Would not be a bad character to start with.

Azure J

No one has the same swag as Dante. In terms of the amount of overall tools, I'd say... Eltnum?

Eltnum has way better damage than UMvC3 Dante though, haha.

Hmm... There is potential for style combos/the disrespect with that gun. :lol

And Gordeau has a Ragna Dante color! Would not be a bad character to start with.

Heh, I was actually looking for a second to compliment Yuzuriha after I got the game and thought Linne would be good. One derps from full screen, the other derps in your face. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, I think MvC2 would actually get stiff if it was on stream constantly... but at the rate it actually appears on stream, it'll never get old.
I'm pretty confident of this. People like to hold the magnifying glass much further away for MvC2 compared to MvC3 though. Nostalgia way too stronk.

Goes back to the whole perception changing over time thing someone posted on another page.

Seyavesh

I'm pretty confident of this. People like to hold the magnifying glass much further away for MvC2 compared to MvC3 though. Nostalgia way too stronk.

Goes back to the whole perception changing over time thing someone posted on another page.

like all games it would get stale over time without any update but the general quality of play and overall stuff happening in a match is more interesting imo

sentinel vs sentinel is seriously beautiful

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This archive is gonna get muted isn't it :(

like all games it would get stale over time without any update but the general quality of play and overall stuff happening in a match is more interesting imo

Not even mad at seeing Tony do some work.

Kumubou

This archive is gonna get muted isn't it :(
They could have rocked the original MvC2 soundtrack and it would have gotten muted anyway.

It's honestly weird seeing neutral being played halfway through a match after all of the UMvC3 that's been played over the years.

Top Bottom