• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

Since we're on this topic:

Did anyone else call it "Paper, Scissors, Stone" as a kid? That's what I called it in AZ until I moved to MI. Everyone thought I was a freak.

It sounds better.

idk whats worse.. eating afterbirth or calling it paper scissors stone

gonna go with the latter tbh. anything fried can't taste that bad

how does reaction play into RPS. like what if you wait like 1/10th of a second before making the symbol and then react to the other guy. that'd be pretty dope

Dahbomb

Did anyone else call it "Paper, Scissors, Stone" as a kid? That's what I called it in AZ until I moved to MI. Everyone thought I was a freak.

It sounds better.
Breh... not even in 3rd world countries is it called anything other than Rock, Paper, Scissors.

It sounds better.
image.php

See you guys in community

aka

see you never because community is where communities go to die.

Why would it die? Would you stop posting? Why would I stop posting because it's in a different sub section?

I really don't get it honestly. It's not an individual game thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Isn't it obvious? It would reduce the burden on the thread creator. Doing a task monthly is easier than doing it weekly.
But why make it repeating per whatever interval of time at all then if there's nothing in or about the thread that's relevant to that interval of time?

Anyways, who knows what y'all got yourselves into giving GB omnipotence over FGC-GAF. For all we know the next thread is a thinly veiled petition or kickstarter for another JoJos game.

Did you not read the first page? He resigned last Sunday.

Anyway, don't know why people want community, there's simply less discussion happening in community threads.

He's lying. What else does he have to live for now that Iron Man is confirmed ASS.

/s

No I didn't... I never read the first page. RIP.

mbpm1

That was hella neat. What wasn't neat was the girl's commentary.

She sounded like a bad Persia

Do you place your left hand or right on the bottom? How hard do you slam the fist on a scale of 1-9000?

I alternate hands for the ultimate mixup.

I slam my fist at either 9000 or 1, no inbetween!

Can the top RPS player beat a computer selecting randomly at a rate that is statistically significant and higher than 50%?

Of course not.

Can a grandmaster beat the best Chess AIs out there tho

I dont' understand. We're not being forced to go to the community, yet some want to go to the community? Why not just keep it in here?

edit: Oh it's because there is no person to take over for Enzo.

Can a grandmaster beat the best Chess AIs out there tho
Chess has no mindgames, though. It's a purely analytic game where you attempt to see as many possibilities as you can, and you choose the optimal move that you think guarantees victory. You aren't trying to make your opponent do anything, you're trying to find the combination that removes all possible options for victory from your opponent. This is actually how I play fighting games, and it's why I use characters like Firebrand and Zato. I like total control of the board no matter what my opponent does. Sometimes you have those miraculous moments where it happens, too.

Check out @The8BitVillain's Tweet: https://twitter.com/The8BitVillain/status/630431289561104385?s=09

Is teaching throws something people don't know how to do?

You tell me how the Smash threads have gone since they went to community.
It's hard to teach people not to be scrubs. Probably the hardest lesson in fighting games.

Still filled with activity, still new posts, still having discussions, still making new OTs, still new threads for new news.

So...doing fine?
As a Smash thread regular, Beef is 100% correct.

Also, shout-outs to GAF's Nabster for getting 25th place out of 700 players at Smash-con, and 9th place in doubles, in Smash 4.
But why make it repeating per whatever interval of time at all then if there's nothing in or about the thread that's relevant to that interval of time?

Anyways, who knows what y'all got yourselves into giving GB omnipotence over FGC-GAF. For all we know the next thread is a thinly veiled petition or kickstarter for another JoJos game.
You could just have it called "Fighting Games"; up to GB at this point, it seems.

Anne

I don't think anybody is actually pushing for community, it's just a joke for most people because of GB doing the thread.

And how many new people post in there?
I don't bother keeping track of how many new people post, but people have found the thread easily. Not just in the Smash thread, but in nearly every other Community thread I'm subscribed to. I don't even bother with Gaming/OT because no actual discussion happens there due to the amount of garbage posts you have to sift through.

rookiejet

I personally know a lot of people who follow FGW only because it pops up frequently on the gaming's front page (and it's surprisingly led to interest in topics or games I would have otherwise tried to appeal to them myself). I say keep it here, if we can.

Tripon

I don't bother keeping track of how many new people post, but people have found the thread easily. Not just in the Smash thread, but in nearly every other Community thread I'm subscribed to. I don't even bother with Gaming/OT because no actual discussion happens there due to the amount of garbage posts you have to sift through.

We have to disagree because I don't even go to community because its out of sight, out of mind.

I don't knowwhat garbage community has vs gaming, but the fact that the portal for community is way smaller than the gaming portal makes me wary for any unnecessary move.

Top Bottom