• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 3-10 | Rising to the Occasion

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't bother keeping track of how many new people post, but people have found the thread easily. Not just in the Smash thread, but in nearly every other Community thread I'm subscribed to. I don't even bother with Gaming/OT because no actual discussion happens there due to the amount of garbage posts you have to sift through.
It's actually easier to find the thread because there isn't a new one every week, less garbage gaming threads like you mentioned making searches (manual or via the option) harder, and you can keep a single sub if you use subs.

People not posting there is a misnomer as well, just scroll through the last posted on both subforums and it's not like there's a significant difference; you'll find a third to a half of the page's threads were last replied to in in the last minute. It's almost identical, check for yourselves.

We have to disagree because I don't even go to community because its out of sight, out of mind.

I don't knowwhat garbage community has vs gaming, but the fact that the portal for community is way smaller than the gaming portal makes me wary for any unnecessary move.
Threads being in community has never stopped people from finding them. If that were the case, there would never be activity at all.

Lol, I just noticed theres a community tab now.

Didn't it use to say off topic? No way that was there the entire time.

EDIT:
Oh wow, theres one for community and offtopic.

I never clicked on the community tab. I've always been in gaming. And yeah offtopic I'll probably never make more than 5 post there haha.

NEO0MJ

Its 12am where is my new thread? Can't be late for your first day of work GB.

Looks like GB couldn't handle the pressure and abandoned ship. This means only one thing...

20260332350_bdab467912_z.jpg

mbpm1

Guys we just have to wait for GB; he will stream and take suggestions from donators on how to improve our Fight Gaming Thread

Because he's GodsBeard

And he builds a better Community

The Geebee community

How can the tab down there below be out of site and mind? It's right there! I keep tabs/lurk on the buy/sell, tekken and NBA/NFL threads all the time.

Explain to me, why would a person who already posts here not post if it moved to a different sub section? Do you not have a subscription to the thread?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The amount of new posters and people returning slowing down drastically is definitely a side affect of moving to community; it happens to every community thread and I've been a part of quite a few. That's been the biggest reason why most people have wanted to stay in Gaming and I totally understand that too.

People cycle in and out in general; the number of people who've been here consistently since say Guard Crush threads is preeeetty small. Even while doing weekly spotlights I was kind of surprised how many regulars just joined in 2011, 2012.

How can the tab down there below be out of site and mind? It's right there! I keep tabs/lurk on the buy/sell, tekken and NBA/NFL threads all the time.

Explain to me, why would a person who already posts here not post if it moved to a different sub section? Do you not have a subscription to the thread?
Quite a few posters have admitted to not using subs for...whatever reason.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Cause some people just refresh the gaming board since it and off topic have the most diversity and time relevant topics

kirblar

The only person I ever see arguing for it is Beef. It's a terrible idea because of the time sensitivity.

And Beef only argues for it because he wants the entire thread to suffer the same etermal apathy that is given to every Dissidia post.

mbpm1

The only person I ever see arguing for it is Beef. It's a terrible idea because of the time sensitivity.

And Beef only argues for it because he wants the entire thread to suffer the same etermal apathy that is given to every Dissidia post.

I thought he did it because he hated anime

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How can people keep up with threads without subs though

I really don't understand
I keep tabs open for each of the 5 or so threads I read regularly. Every time I open my browser they refresh and I read what's new for each without having to go through another page. Click once to get a general look at what's going on in Gaming/OT and I'm caught up. Does it's job, saves me a few clicks. If I cared for more than a few threads I'd probably end up forcing myself to use subs, though.

it's more than a 50/50
Okay I laughed :lol

I'm not subbed at all. To any threads. I just regularly check it as it constantly gets front paged again and again, which is a good thing. It shows the thread and it's people are alive lol.

Cause some people just refresh the gaming board since it and off topic have the most diversity and time relevant topics

I do that as well.

Subs for the threads I care about/want to keep up with. And refresh the main boards for relevant/new news threads.

How can people keep up without subs?

And to what Enzo is saying, people cycle in and out of threads, it's only natural as we get busy in life and what interests us changes. I used to post in NBA all the damn time years ago (Go Clippers), but I ain't got time for that anymore, haha.

mbpm1

I keep tabs open for each of the 5 or so threads I read regularly. Every time I open my browser they refresh and I read what's new for each without having to go through another page. Click once to get a general look at what's going on in Gaming/OT and I'm caught up. Does it's job, saves me a few clicks. If I cared for more than a few threads I'd probably end up forcing myself to use subs, though.

I'm not subbed at all. To any threads. I just regularly check it as it constantly gets front paged again and again, which is a good thing. It shows the thread and it's people are alive lol.

...Weird.

Well since I just come to GAF for fighting game stuff I guess my priorities are different lol

Subbing is where its at, along with go to latest unread post. Really don't even have to look beyond your user control panel for the ultimate forum browsing experience.

K.Sabot

I only subbed to two threads in my memory and 1 died and the other I stopped paying attention to.

I eventually stop using community threads as well, the only reason I still keep up with FGW is because its weekly nature.

Finding threads is not the problem with community. On the other hand, too many people find them, move in and unfurl their anime gifs to make themselves at home.

You don't want that, it'll kill the thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And to what Enzo is saying, people cycle in and out of threads, it's only natural as we get busy in life and what interests us changes. I used to post in NBA all the damn time years ago (Go Clippers), but I ain't got time for that anymore, haha.
Yeah, I'm not knocking it, it is what it is. I know the stuff I care about has changed drastically over the past year or so.

I do that as well.

Subs for the threads I care about/want to keep up with. And refresh the main boards for relevant/new news threads.

How can people keep up without subs?

Well NBA-GAF has a legitimate excuse. After the mass-exodus the new forum they use sucked.....and the new kids took over the remaining of NBA-GAF and made that suck. Then some of the old farts decided to come back to NBA-GAF and left their new forum.. (which sucked) and decided to suck up new NBA-GAF when it was already sucking.

TL:DR

Mass exodus ruined everything. ... AKA don't piss off the mods or everyone is banned!

rookiejet

Finding threads is not the problem with community. On the other hand, too many people find them, move in and unfurl their anime gifs to make themselves at home.

You don't want that, it'll kill the thread.

we have this tool that the other threads don't have

zxnZb8j.gif

i love anime, but yes i agree, we have to keep it in check

Top Bottom