• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

You still get 2 weeks after the broadcast has gone live to watch the archive. Is that not enough time?

It feels like Twitch just consistently makes stupid decisions ever since the transcoding change and chat delay for video, for what feels like no reason

If that's not Ganon's look in Smash WiiU I'm going to get pissed.

His art just gets better and better.

At best it might be an alt costume, but I'm not keeping my hopes up

You still get 2 weeks after the broadcast has gone live to watch the archive. Is that not enough time?

I suppose a two week grace would be good. Its tough to find time sometime to watch twitch during work/family time and i grab a couple moments and scrub the frames to the matches I like. The San Diego stream in particular is the stream I sometimes say "oh yeah!!" and watch a couple though I am not sure how old.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I am moving to England literally tomorrow so that kinda sucks about the archives, this may be the last NLBC I get to watch live for a very long time tonight.

With the time zone I will be desperately needing as many archives as I can get, but 2 weeks should be enough in most cases.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Whatever, not like they were doing a great job at storing all their past archives already

N29PKLa.png

being able to watch to watch on my phone sounds okay and flv files are shit.

still, twitch sucks.

Horseress

I used to watch twitch archives a lot, but not anymore. Mostly because it sucks. They tried to improve it a million times and they never got it right

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
sooo uhhh Square Enix is about to help fund fighting games

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/06/snk-filed-criminal-lawsuit-square-enix-copyright-infringement/

To summarize what’s been going on, it appears that Square Enix have infringed on numerous intellectual properties of SNK Playmore through their popular manga, called High Score Girl, which is about arcade gaming featuring various video game characters.
SNK Playmore say they attempted to contact Square Enix on the matter, but did not receive a proper response, which eventually led to their filing of a criminal lawsuit against the company through the Osaka police back in May of this year.

Yesterday, on August 5, the Osaka police raided Square Enix’s office located in Shinjuku, Tokyo, along with other concerned parties, which violated copyright infringement laws.

sooooo I wonder if this applies to capcom...because yeahhhhhhhhhhh

casperOne

doing the good work my man!

Thank you! I hope to get in earlier to work with Spring Fighter 2015.

Casperrrrrrrrr

Yeah I was thinking that might be the brightest bat signal he'll ever get lol

It was kind of obvious. I was AFK when the post went up.

Serious question, can someone explain One Frame Link to me? I watched their promo video and still have no idea what they really do.

Just noticed they sponsor a lot of tournaments and for some reason One Frame Link sounds so sexy to me?

Casper, I am being told you hold the mystery of what One Frame Link does.

I am here to listen, talk to me babe

Trying to do this in a way that everyone else here hasn't seen.

One Frame Link is my brand; it's goal is to bring value-adds to the FGC. Initially, that was going to be in the realm of services provided from the site, but as you've seen, we've had more success in bringing value-add to tournaments in the FGC, first in the form of polling/interaction and most recently stats gathering, with the debut at Evo
of all places

I'm currently working with someone to have the site redone by the end of the year to better reflect the offerings that One Frame Link brings to the FGC.

Glad you like the name, that was something I agonized over when choosing it.
I find it sexy as well.

Feel free to reach out in FGW, via DM, or on Twitter/FB if you have more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Sethabee

Neo Member
I know this is a bit out of nowhere, but has anyone else preordered USF4 and having trouble redeeming the codes that came with it? I'm talking about the "Challengers Costume Pack" and that. I'm on PSN and I type the code in but it says that this voucher has already been redeemed.

Krassus

Thank you! I hope to get in earlier to work with Spring Fighter 2015.

It was kind of obvious. I was AFK when the post went up.

Trying to do this in a way that everyone else here hasn't seen.

One Frame Link is my brand; it's goal is to bring value-adds to the FGC. Initially, that was going to be in the realm of services provided from the site, but as you've seen, we've had more success in bringing value-add to tournaments in the FGC, first in the form of polling/interaction and most recently stats gathering, with the debut at Evo
of all places

I'm currently working with someone to have the site redone by the end of the year to better reflect the offerings that One Frame Link brings to the FGC.

Glad you like the name, that was something I agonized over when choosing it.
I find it sexy as well.

Feel free to reach out in FGW, via DM, or on Twitter/FB if you have more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

I understand better now and saw the statistics during EVO which was awesome. Thanks again for helping me understand.

I have been interested in the past few months into getting into sponsoring Sp00ky or maybe a tournament but I honestly have no idea where to even begin. I have a business partner coming into town this week and were going to try reaching out to Sp00ky to see if we can help each other as our product has to do with gaming.

casperOne

I understand better now and saw the statistics during EVO which was awesome. Thanks again for helping me understand.

I have been interested in the past few months into getting into sponsoring Sp00ky or maybe a tournament but I honestly have no idea where to even begin. I have a business partner coming into town this week and were going to try reaching out to Sp00ky to see if we can help each other as our product has to do with gaming.

If there's a specific tournament/person that you'd like help with getting in touch with, I'd be happy to put you in touch. Most people have presences online and will respond to communications through private channels if you ask though.

It sounds like you're looking for a value exchange. If you're going to do this (as opposed to straight up money, which is usually a much easier transaction) make sure you have strong handle on where the value of your side of the proposition lies and can convey it in a manner that makes people realize what the value is to them.

Truly understanding the value that your offering brings to the table means understanding the needs of those on the other side and how to best appeal to them.

Krassus

If there's a specific tournament/person that you'd like help with getting in touch with, I'd be happy to put you in touch. Most people have presences online and will respond to communications through private channels if you ask though.

It sounds like you're looking for a value exchange. If you're going to do this (as opposed to straight up money, which is usually a much easier transaction) make sure you have strong handle on where the value of your side of the proposition lies and can convey it in a manner that makes people realize what the value is to them.

Truly understanding the value that your offering brings to the table means understanding the needs of those on the other side and how to best appeal to them.

Actually it would be all money on our side but I would want to be sure they are ok with our products. We would hand some samples of our products out for giveaways to them also. I think it will be a good experiment to see if our sales are impacted by a gaming audience for a few weeks.

Ill try reaching out to Sp00ky tonight via a twitch pm.

CurlyW

Twitch = Kodos impersonating Bill Clinton
YouTube = Kang inhabiting the body of Bob Dole
Kodos: "What are you going to do about it? You have to stream on one of us!"
Man in crowd: "Well I believe I'll use a different video game streaming website"
Kang: "Go ahead, throw your emotes away!"
[Kang and Kodos laugh loudly]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Hitbox.tv" hat]

Twitch = Kodos impersonating Bill Clinton
YouTube = Kang inhabiting the body of Bob Dole
Kodos: "What are you going to do about it? You have to stream on one of us!"
Man in crowd: "Well I believe I'll use a different video game streaming website"
Kang: "Go ahead, throw your emotes away!"
[Kang and Kodos laugh loudly]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Hitbox.tv" hat]

someone needs to get that FGC Simpsons gif maker on this.

Phloxy

So, first post in fighting game gaf, been lurking for a real long time, been watching all sorts of streams and following the scene, but lately I have been wanting to find more people to play against. the friends I have that play, just don't push me enough in any of the fighters I try, I want to try playing with some of you guys and expanding who I play with.
Namtars Finest on the bone for KI
Namtox on PSN for Injustice, Namtox is also my steam handle for any fighter on there.
Just recently played my first ever ranked SF4 matches, and it is fun getting demolished. add me if anybody wants to play some rounds and have a good time.
Just hopped on Ultra, excited to dive in headfirst.

Busaiku

December is later than I expected for Guilty Gear Xrd.
I was thinking it'd be an October release.

This definitely means Bridget will be ready for the console launch.

Coda

Do we have prices yet? Has to be cheaper than the current packs seeing as those have multiple costumes, right?

It's the same format essentially as the older packs, there's I think 4-5 costumes in each pack and then one full pack of all the costumes.

xCobalt

Some of those costumes are pretty good. Interested in seeing the alternate colours too. Gouken in either Black or Red/Black would be pretty nice

smurfx

get some go again
having streamers split the stream archives into 2 hour chunks isn't all bad. sure it will be a pain in the ass for the streamer but it will be easier to find things now.

having streamers split the stream archives into 2 hour chunks isn't all bad. sure it will be a pain in the ass for the streamer but it will be easier to find things now.
Searching through archives now is already a pain in the ass with the long ad that plays before the video, now you'll have to do that every time you guess wrong wading through "Pete Plays Pangya Pt. X/8" or whatever cause lol if you think streamers are going to properly split up and label highlights when going through archives

Top Bottom