• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

El Sloth

Banned
space guys movie wasn't as bad as I expected. It was mostly just uninteresting/hard to care about anyone in it and what would happen. Needed more of
Laika
though.
Not Laika, that's a Marvel character called Cosmo. Obviously based off Laika (and the other animals the USSR shot off into space). He talks. Well, at least he does in the comics.

vulva

Not Laika, that's a Marvel character called Cosmo. Obviously based off Laika (and the other animals the USSR shot off into space). He talks. Well, at least he does in the comics.

I know, I prefer to think of him as
Laika
though. I went through a phase where I really wanted to order an entire sheet of stamps of him, get them framed and put them on my wall as art.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It sold about 10,000 units at launch at retail -- to be fair, that's what they expected, at least (as they did completely sell through their initial shipment). For comparison, MBAC launched to 65k units and MBAA launched at 40k. Digitial sales probably won't be known until the end of this month -- they did comment that the game was the #2 game sales-wise on PSN since launch (and I'm about 99% certain Minecraft is #1).

Digital sales saved the day?

soakrates

Valle just announced on his stream that WNF is going to try out USF4 on PC for the upcoming season. Also, Yatagarasu has been added to the Runback with a $1,000 pot bonus.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Any interest in a 3S tournament?

In lieu of that, I would love to see the best of the best on GAF that are willing to blow the dust off of their old copies of SFIII Online Edition for 360 get on and play whenever. I effectively play every night from around 11:00pm CST to 2:00 am CST

GamerTag is AlteredBeastGAF

Kumubou

Digital sales in Japan are pathetic.
Being number 2 for a week could mean less than 1k.
It's not that bad... but it's pretty bad. I would expect it to be about 3-4k digital sales (and that's just kind of a spitball guess based on past performance of digital sales for other games), Honestly. I'm kind of curious to see if there's any kind of spike from people outside of Japan buying the game on PSN (which would then be offset, at least in part, by all the people sharing it).

Wtf....why?
He probably got that eeeeeeeee-sports hook-up. PC version doesn't drop frames!!! (Seriously, the thing can run on a damn toaster.)

Yatagarasu getting added is weird, though... and wasn't there some talk about UNIEL being added (at least on a trial basis) as well?

smurfx

get some go again
Valle just announced on his stream that WNF is going to try out USF4 on PC for the upcoming season. Also, Yatagarasu has been added to the Runback with a $1,000 pot bonus.
so now on top of really long button checks we might have levelup fixing driver issues that pop up.

UNIEL is the first fighting game I've played where I've gotten matched up with folks who are names in the FGC. Hellpockets, Honzo Gonzo and now Wolfkrone. The last of which bodied me pretty badly, but then he sent me a friend request. Must be the novelty of my PSN username.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fascinating. I expect this to be a blow up considering a trillion fundamental issues with the platform vs. home consoles, but it would be interesting to see if any tournament where a significant number of people show up can be run all on PC.

Sounds strange for Super Arcade and their finances in particular though.

EDIT: Unless they're planning on running other PC games though.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I watched that MarlinPie mixup...geez. Part of me wanted to sob when I saw the forward back top hitboxes. Oy.

Guardians of the Galaxy is top 10 movie all time for me. So rewatchable. Also, that title screen (after the intro) w/ Star Lord entering the ruins...so good. so good.

I like they're trying something new. Who knows? Maybe more people will show now that they have a stick that's compatible. I know the only reason I don't go to some local events is because I don't own a PS3 stick.

Also, you know, the crippling social anxiety.

kappa

Guardians of the Galaxy is top 10 movie all time for me. So rewatchable. Also, that title screen (after the intro) w/ Star Lord entering the ruins...so good. so good.

I went from a guy not bothering to pay for recent movies to wanting to pay to watch it a third time. That's how good that movie is.

Vice

In GIF form :

ic7cUlqOEX9Ww.gif

I saw Alex K use this a month ago. Ridiculous.

CaliPower

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Thanks for tuning in our sneak peek of Season 3/4 events!

We're trying out some new things for the fighting game scene such as USF4 and Yatagarasu on PC.

Also in case you're wondering, the PC's are sponsored by Alienware so Super Arcade kickstarter funds were not used for this venture at all.

A full blogpost will be up tomorrow!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I went from a guy not bothering to pay for recent movies to wanting to pay to watch it a third time. That's how good that movie is.
I think it might just be the best movie-going experience I've ever had, up there with The Dark Knight. The movie is just raw fun extract, and it makes no apologies for it, right up until the very conclusion. More films need to be like GotG.

Hey guys,

We're trying out some new things for the fighting game scene such as USF4 and Yatagarasu on PC.

Also in case you're wondering, the PC's are sponsored by Alienware so Super Arcade kickstarter funds were not used for this venture at all.

Out of curiosity, are they SteamBoxes?

Pretty cool of Alienware though, s/o to them.

Rhapsody

Banned
UNIEL is the first fighting game I've played where I've gotten matched up with folks who are names in the FGC. Hellpockets, Honzo Gonzo and now Wolfkrone. The last of which bodied me pretty badly, but then he sent me a friend request. Must be the novelty of my PSN username.

I've still ignored ranked for the most part :X

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
you havent played on PC before have you? its glorious.
PC is great for home users but can be a nightmare for tournaments. What comes to my mind immediately are the input lag and driver issues that happened on the recent SGDQ marathon stream when they would run various PC games. Open platforms have a lot of issues for public events and require more knowledge to squash quickly. And that's not even mentioning how much more difficult it can be to acquire usable PC setups for a local event when compared to consoles.

That said, I'm personally extremely disillusioned with console gaming in general right now and don't want to buy either a PS4 or XB1 if it can be helped.

Hey guys,

Super interesting, hope this works out well.

Are all stations for USF4 going to be PC then?

Busaiku

It's not that bad... but it's pretty bad. I would expect it to be about 3-4k digital sales (and that's just kind of a spitball guess based on past performance of digital sales for other games), Honestly. I'm kind of curious to see if there's any kind of spike from people outside of Japan buying the game on PSN (which would then be offset, at least in part, by all the people sharing it).

The 2nd best selling digital PS3 game (after Minecraft) for the entire month of June was World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge.
It sold 3,767 during World Cup month.

It really is that bad.
Heck, it might be worse.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma only did 4.1k during its debut month (of course its sales were too low afterwards to be tracked).
And that's ArcSys's best selling game ever.

Now people are going to have to make sure their sticks are PC compatible too.

Not a complete hassle, but still, another minor complication.

Lemstar

The 2nd best selling digital game (after Minecraft) for the entire month of June was World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge.
It sold 3,767 during World Cup month.

It really is that bad.
Heck, it might be worse.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma only did 4.1k during its debut month (of course its sales were too low afterwards to be tracked).

Hm?
Famitsu Top 10 Digital June 2014 {2014.06.02 - 2014.06.29}

01. [PSV] Freedom Wars <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.06.26} (¥6.264) - 34.754 (15,6%)
02. [PS3] Minecraft: Play Station 3 Edition <ADV> (Mojang) {2014.06.24} (¥2.057) - 28.589 (100%)
03. [3DS] Pokemon Battle Link! <PZL> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.03.12} (¥822) - 17.666 (85%)
04. [PS4] FIFA 14 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2014.02.22} (¥7.665) - 15.205 (50,2%)
05. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth # <RPG> (Atlus) {2014.06.05} (¥7.538) - 11.046 (4,5%)
06. [PSV] htoL NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2014.06.19} (¥6.264) - 6.884 (43,5%)
07. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 5.861 (3,5%)
08. [PS4] Watch Dogs <ADV> (Ubisoft) {2014.06.26} (¥9.072) - 4.925 (7%)
09. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 4.695 (4,2%)
10. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo) {2014.06.19} (¥3.908) - 4.253 (8,2%)

gutabo

I am really good at HP, MP, LP. I do that all the time. How is LP sometimes not a blockstring?! My hands rarely get tired. I used to play Morrigan! Still, I will try the nail swipe. Interesting idea.

Sent you a PM ;)

EDIT: About the "sometimes not a blockstring" part: sometimes opponents will be able to mash some invincible move between the blocked jab and the fierce electricity(or between blocked jab and fierce HHS with Honda). It's not common at all but it happens. In Blanka's case you can go for the faster jab electricity(and you'll be safe but you'll have less frame advantage/chip damage), in Honda's case you're fucked no matter what version you do. DISCLAIMER: I have only played Ultra a couple times at friends gatherings.

smurfx

get some go again

if it works on the ps3 or xbox 360 then it should work on pc. i think the xbox one arcade stick doesn't work properly on pc though.

Nyoro SF

360 sticks automatically work on PC once the initial driver is installed.

PS3 sticks are another story depending on the manufacturer.

We'll see how Valle handles some of the complications. But seriously not having to deal with console issues is great.

Uraizen

Banned
It really is that bad.
Heck, it might be worse.

This is depressing me.

kirblar

360 sticks automatically work on PC once the initial driver is installed.

PS3 sticks are another story depending on the manufacturer.

We'll see how Valle handles some of the complications. But seriously not having to deal with console issues is great.
MadCatz sticks work just fine.

petghost

Banned
im equally psyched/perplexed about them running yatagarasu at TRB. never imagined that game being a big mainstream title with a lot of people playing it but if it ends up that way that would be great. if it ends up with a small dedicated playerbase that shows up that would be great too. hope uniel gets put in the lineup as well.

i wonder if yatagarasu is gonna pull in some 3s players.

Top Bottom