• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn IPW got hit up. Apparently it was because of Honzo signing some song.

BuY3zzoCUAIM6lv.png
Okay now this shit is ridiculous.

Alienware donated the PCs so that may have some kind of sponsorship deal attached.

That's pretty sweet, I wonder how many machines they got(hopefully at least 10). Besides that now they have a bunch of mid-high range machines to run other types of games(mainly PC only games) if Watts wants to try and capture a new audience. Not sure if the Moba or FPS crowd would care to go to a arcade to play those games but maybe it could generate some extra income. But ultimately I hope this helps gets more sponsorship from PC companies.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually more pleased with unashamed waifu bait and fan service than whatever the hell Arcsys is doing to its character designs.

Xrd Millia is trash

but other than that Xrd's redesigns haven't been too bad

Busaiku

Just a reminder to people: the week 1 DLC in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (so far, Marie and Adachi confirmed, nothing on Margaret yet) will be available even if you don't have the game.

Anne

Xrd Millia is trash

but other than that Xrd's redesigns haven't been too bad

I personally cannot stand Valentine's redesign. She plays like the kind of scum I like, but I probably won't play her because I can't stand to look at her.

Goddamn shitty timing.

I leave my house for 20 minutes to go get food and when I come back I see a notice that UPS arrived and for some reason didn't leave my packages, one of which is my eightarc stick, so now I gotta drive 20 minutes to the UPS facility and 20 minutes back home at 8:30 and if they close before I get there then they're gonna send my packages back to sender.

At least they kind of wear clothes in High School of the Dead.
Sometimes.

Worst anime I've seen in recent years, and a prime example of why I've pretty much quit watching altogether. Absolute fucking dogshit.

I am very careful and very picky about what anime to watch nowadays.

El Sloth

Banned
Wasn't the owner of Hitbox use to own Own3d? Those guys didn't pay streamers.
No. They're just dudes who decided to work for the wrong people.

http://blog.hitbox.tv/an-introduction-to-our-management/

Hi folks!

This is Martin, CEO of hitbox. We have been online now for a few weeks with the beta of hitbox.tv, so I thought it was time to give you more insights into the management and the intentions behind hitbox.tv.

Our CTO, René, is our technical mastermind and has years of experience in the streaming business as he built up the core technology of own3D.tv and managed to create a platform which was considered one of the best at the time and delivered a service for thousands of streamers and millions of viewers. Being a hardcore gamer himself, his goal is to help eSports grow, to bring it in every livingroom not depending on where you are and to make it as big or even bigger than other sports. That was and still is his great vision.

Talking about myself, I bring a lot of financial experience to the table. I was working as a company auditor and as head of controlling in the headquarter of one of the largest financial institutions in Central and Eastern Europe. I was responsible for the whole planning and controlling processes, for the groups strategy and the competitive market analysis.

René and myself have been good friends for a long time. By the end of 2012 he approached me as he saw his life´s work endangered. He asked me to have a look into the figures of own3D and to restructure the company if necessary.

Being an eSports fanatic myself and given the opportunity to work in such a great project, I didn’t hesitate a second and became their CFO. However it didn´t take long to find out that the company was in trouble.

I think you guys know the main reasons why own3D failed. The company didn’t manage to scale its business and to grow with its viewers and size. What exactly does that mean?

Let me put it in simple terms: Having millions of viewers creating massive traffic brings you tons of costs. The company lacked funding and was stuck in bad contracts. That led to cost savings on the employers end and thus to a poor income management.
High costs + low income = a big problem

Given this situation the owners and investors of own3D tried their best to sell the company and to pay out all debts to its customers. We worked days and nights to get that deal done but our main target company surprisingly stepped away after 3 months of negotiations and due diligence. René lost his life´s work and a lot of streamers their money.

However, we still believe in eSports and our vision and just love watching awesome live content, so René and me decided to build up a new live streaming site putting together both technical know-how and business experience right from the get-go.

We believe that competition is good, even if we just give an impulse to the existing players to improve their service.

Still in beta and tons of tasks ahead, we love what we do and hope you give us a chance to prove that we know what we are doing. Having a great investor as partner and a super experienced infrastructure team on board, we are convinced that we can offer you a stable and reliable service, with great usability and some awesome new features.

Kumubou

I'll import it after you guys tell me how bad/good the netcode is.
This is really going to come down to if AM2 or French Bread is handling the online functionality... and I don't know which one would make me more upset.

Worst anime I've seen in recent years, and a prime example of why I've pretty much quit watching altogether. Absolute fucking dogshit.

I am very careful and very picky about what anime to watch nowadays.
It really is awful
but it's the kind of awful anime I enjoy watching. D: Yes, I am part of the problem.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
ramlethal was playable in GG before?

While I don't think they're the same character, Ramlethal sharing the same name with Valentine from Overture is no coincidence

and I like her design

but I also agree that the original characters in Xrd are probably some of the weaker designs in the series. They'd seem so out of place in the older games. Even GG2

Sayah

stuff like this is why i will never respect anime

blazblue finals were dope though

eerrrrrr......

This is like playing a ridiculous video game and saying "stuff like this is why I don't respect video games." It's just one out of many. Doesn't define the whole entertainment medium. Have you watched any of these?

About the gif, highschool of the dead was terrible. Didn't take long for me to drop it. Had an interesting starting concept too. Then just bloated into pointless, meaningless, nothing. I have never watched anything that got so bad so fast.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
FGW | This is why I will never respect Anime

That gif is hilarious btw

CPS2

Maybe the thread title can be about how everyone's apparently either a doctor or studying to be a doctor. It's like when everyone on srk discovered they were black, everyone on gaf is a doctor.

Top Bottom