• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

In GIF form :

ic7cUlqOEX9Ww.gif

What the fuck Marlinpie

Seyavesh

from what i've experienced and seen with true high level play doom miiiight be a better point char than dante but it doesn't matter too much because their functions as support characters are so different so you're not really going to pick one or the other based on that

also lol that marlinpie setup looks like it has an airthrow integrated into it that didn't come out- yipes pushblocked the footdive and marlinpie airdashed to chase yipes. if he airdashed with mh and doubletapped it for the throw i bet it would've hit

If you're going to try the second one, it's easier to practice first doing HP-MP-LP in quick succession because that's basically what you're doing(but starting with the tail of a rep an ending at the beginning of another rep). The jab into fierce electricity can sometimes(like with Honda) NOT be a real blockstring so be careful with it. Try to get some secondary slide technique too for other buttons(like crouching kicks) or for going into jab or ex elec(which have faster startup). And it's always good to have options because your hand(and you) will get tired. I had some weird nail slide tech lol(like crouching LP+LK into sliding MP-HP-MP-LP) and some weird pinky finger shit too(for ex) but it worked so I kept using it, my point is that it always comes down to doing whatever works for you.
I am really good at HP, MP, LP. I do that all the time. How is LP sometimes not a blockstring?! My hands rarely get tired. I used to play Morrigan! Still, I will try the nail swipe. Interesting idea.

Onemic

Under Night In-Birth came out on PS3 two weeks ago, geez. :p

And that game's performance in Japan is a pretty good example of why new IPs with fighting games don't really happen anymore.

...well I think that has more to do with how broken UNIB was on release.

casperOne

Hey casperOne, what's the next major we can expect some OFL Fight Facts at, TFC?

It would be premature to say where the next appearance of the stats package will be, but there are definitely open conversations about it.

Needless to say I'll be shouting it from the rooftops when it's finalized where they'll next appear. =)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It would be premature to say where the next appearance of the stats package will be, but there are definitely open conversations about it.

Needless to say I'll be shouting it from the rooftops when it's finalized where they'll next appear. =)

doing the good work my man!

vulva

space guys movie wasn't as bad as I expected. It was mostly just uninteresting/hard to care about anyone in it and what would happen. Needed more of
Laika
though.

Kumubou

Have the console sales been poor?
It sold about 10,000 units at launch at retail -- to be fair, that's what they expected, at least (as they did completely sell through their initial shipment). For comparison, MBAC launched to 65k units and MBAA launched at 40k. Digitial sales probably won't be known until the end of this month -- they did comment that the game was the #2 game sales-wise on PSN since launch (and I'm about 99% certain Minecraft is #1).

Top Bottom