• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

It took me a dozen tries to have one without a Fault on the Millia trainer. It took five tries just to know what I was supposed to do. :p

In MKX the characters talk a lot more in game than they have in the past. It's like Injustice, they have lines they say after throws, combos, specials. They're quite chatty. The lines can change based on the character match up too.

I look forward to Cassie Cage's lines. Her intro with Kotal Khan earned a chuckle from me.

Shouta

So I got in a really bad car accident on the way back from visiting Austin and now I won't be able to attend NEC. Really bummed out about that since the whole purpose of the trip was to practice for the tournament. Oh well. :(

Ouch. =/

Are you OK? How much damage was their to the car?

gutabo

Does Vapor Thrust in loops need to be done with a tiger knee motion? That's the only reason I can think of why I'm not able to connect properly after a rep.

What version? If it's Xrd I can't help you, it's been a while but I recall Sol having some combos with an ait TK'ed S Volcanic Viper that recovered faster than the ground version, I would not be surprised if that's the case with Ky. Any way, I'm sure Q will be able to help you, he uses him.

So I got in a really bad car accident on the way back from visiting Austin and now I won't be able to attend NEC. Really bummed out about that since the whole purpose of the trip was to practice for the tournament. Oh well. :(

Hope you're ok. I had a car accident while going to an interview of Capcom designer Daigo Ikeno. When we arrived at the interview we were so stressed we acted like we were on drugs near the capcom EU staff. But that went well. :p

Onemic

3 best results so far:

jbwKD9ePvnijAe.jpg

jb2dc905ZnYFu2.jpg

jlqR2gYFtlYqN.jpg

3rd score was pure luck. I was surprised I was able to block her standing overhead in 17 frames for the first score though. One of the few times Ive been able to actually block that thing with its non telegraphed startup

What version? If it's Xrd I can't help you, it's been a while but I recall Sol having some combos with an ait TK'ed S Volcanic Viper that recovered faster than the ground version, I would not be surprised if that's the case with Ky. Any way, I'm sure Q will be able to help you, he uses him.

Well I've managed to get down a version without TK. I just need to get down the version with Split Ciel before the 3rd loop now. I think it's just a matter of timing when they come down after a VT. It can't be mashed out.

CurlyW

Haunts confirmed that Capcom Cup will be 2/3 until Grand Finals. He said it's because of time

I guess that makes the missive I was going to write about how Capcom Cup should be doing a round robin group stage (a la World Cup) instead of yet another regular double elimination bracket irrelevant then.

Coda

Aye reminder Xrd is up on the JP PSN store at 5PM EST.

I have the physical JPN release coming soon. Does anyone know if I'll be able to play with friends online with the NTSC copy? I probably plan on getting an NTSC copy in the future anyway but it'd be nice to know in advance. Hoping I can navigate the menus okay too.

Anne

I have the physical JPN release coming soon. Does anyone know if I'll be able to play with friends online with the NTSC copy? I probably plan on getting an NTSC copy in the future anyway but it'd be nice to know in advance. Hoping I can navigate the menus okay too.

Every ASW game has been fine with playing cross region, there is no reason there should be a problem. The only ever problem was AH3LM!!!!! and that was a weird issue, and that wasn't a ASW developed game.

Also a patch came out for Xrd today that adds Englisg menus and text to the JP version, so I mean that'd be really silly.

Astarte

Are you okay? That sounds like absolute crap and I'm sorry to hear that :(

so what arc sys games do you guys predict will make evo this year?

I figure Xrd is a given, but do you think they would actually put two in and get Persona in as well?

Im planning on going but would much rather play BB/P4 than GG

Coda

Every ASW game has been fine with playing cross region, there is no reason there should be a problem. The only ever problem was AH3LM!!!!! and that was a weird issue, and that wasn't a ASW developed game.

Also a patch came out for Xrd today that adds Englisg menus and text to the JP version, so I mean that'd be really silly.

Okay, all that information is amazing. Guess I won't have any need for an NTSC copy after all.

K.Sabot

so what arc sys games do you guys predict will make evo this year?

I figure Xrd is a given, but do you think they would actually put two in and get Persona in as well?

Im planning on going but would much rather play BB/P4 than GG

+XRD
2 smash games
-KoF
-Tekken Tag
Maybe Blazblue
Maybe MKX
Most likely Killer Instinct (Iron Galaxy got those FGC connections now)
Incredibly slim chance of UNIEL if the game keeps the momentum it has at majors, or even gains momentum with a US release.
Incredibly doubtful for P4, it's been like 2 months and I've yet to see any place have it.

+XRD
2 smash games
-KoF
-Tekken Tag
Maybe Blazblue
Maybe MKX
Most likely Killer Instinct (Iron Galaxy got those FGC connections now)
Incredibly slim chance of UNIEL if the game keeps the momentum it has at majors, or even gains momentum with a US release.
Incredibly doubtful for P4, it's been like 2 months and I've yet to see any place have it.
Maybe the hype from BB last year will get it in again...but I doubt it.

Without BB and P4 my desire to go will be basically non existent

Top Bottom