• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Anyways, I was saying that I'm really excited for SFV and how PS4 is now solidified as THE console for fighting games. MS can't secure any of the other big fighting game IPs. MKX is already multiplat. Versus series' future is right in front of you. Tekken and SoulCalibur always sell more on PlayStation and I can't envision a world where they'll be Microsoft exclusive.

Other fighting game IPs are too small to matter.

When was the last time anything qualified as "THE console for fighting games"? this gen isn't going to be any different than last gen.

95392_0_org.jpg
Ken's face tho

Kumubou

Did you ever see the very first screenshots of SF4 that capcom released? The models looked VERY rough and people shit on them for months until Capcom showed off some much more polished footage.

Back then on SRK people used to troll the game by calling it SF EX4 lol
This always killed me, because the EX games are under-appreciated. :< I think I would have rather had a hypothetical SF EX4 than SF4 itself, to be honest.

Anyways, I was saying that I'm really excited for SFV and how PS4 is now solidified as THE console for fighting games. MS can't secure any of the other big fighting game IPs. MKX is already multiplat. Versus series' future is right in front of you. Tekken and SoulCalibur always sell more on PlayStation and I can't envision a world where they'll be Microsoft exclusive.

Other fighting game IPs are too small to matter.
I would make a comment about how everyone in Anime Fighting Games Weekly would beat you with some dakis, but if Xrd is any indication those will end up all exclusive too, anyway.

Village

You thinks so? Man, I'm not seeing it. They definitely aren't going for the "what if SF2 came out in 2009?" look.

It just looks a different brand of cartoony, but this is super early I imagine and maybe it will look a bit different later.

B4GPO5xCQAAQ0ox.jpg

Pls have costume changes pls

Make cody's costume from 4 his main and just say he broke out of jail pls.

Salex_

I really hope SFV has cross-play. There's nothing stopping this from happening now.

BTW, anyone want to play a set in Smash? NNID: Salex0

Those are the best ones!

I've always loved urban stages or just really stages with a nice aesthetic to them. In SF3, Yang's stage, Akuma's stage, and the NY stage were my favorites. I like stages with characters in the background too, but not ones that are too distracting like in SFxT. Something more like the London stage in CVS2.

Imm0rt4l

No it's not. Tekken is the best selling fighting game series of all time, and Tekken 3 is the best selling pure fighting game of all time. The only thing in terms of numbers SF has on Tekken is name recognition.

I'm sorry, I don't know what EVO is. What would've been the right Capcom game?

Tekken 7 would've been the right fighting game for Ps4 man...

FGW I'm white girl status right now. I literally can't even.

Pappasman

I think the new faces look a lot better than 4 actually. Cant wait to see a bunch of different stages. Hopefully we get character themed stages rather than random places.

Sayah

I would make a comment about how everyone in Anime Fighting Games Weekly would beat you with some dakis, but if Xrd is any indication those will end up all exclusive too, anyway.

I'm sorry for speaking the truth. :3

Anime games don't sell at the level of SF/Tekken/MK/SC.

When was the last time anything qualified as "THE console for fighting games"? this gen isn't going to be any different than last gen.

Back when exclusives was a thing.

During the PS3/360 generation, mostly everything was multi plat. Before that, though, PS2 was the king thanks to Tekken and SC3 exclusivity, two of the biggest franchises in fighting games at that time.

SFV is gonna do the same for PS4.

All I'm saying is, you can choose to play Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd, or you can choose to play Killer Instinct.

PS4 Owners Weekly | Frauds Among Us

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141795325]All I'm saying is, you can choose to play Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd, or you can choose to play Killer Instinct.[/quote]

My condolences to Sony fans.

4r5

I see they're still making a bid for whatever visual style they were trying to achieve with SF4.

Things I hope to see in SF5. No plinks, no stupid costumes, no stupid background characters.

pixelish

I see they're still making a bid for whatever visual style they were trying to achieve with SF4.

Things I hope to see in SF5. No plinks, no stupid costumes, no stupid background characters.

i will be incredibly happy if they bring the hippos and the fat kid from overpass stage back in sf5.

JeTmAn81

What team are you running Jet? I was playing X/Doom (Beam)/Strider swapping between Storm/Strange/Nova at point before everyone is settling in Smash 4.

My main is still the same old Wesker/Dante/Strider, though I bounce around to other teams sometimes (Hulk/Sentinel/Haggar, Magneto/Doom/Vergil).

Nyoro SF

Guys what if the trailer "leak" was intentional and they show the actual graphics and character models at CC

The more I see the trailer the more unlikely it was intentional leak. The way it was structured with the views of all the players looks like it was meant to be shown at Capcom Cup. Intentional leaked trailer would probably just be pure cinematics and gameplay demonstration.

I bought a freakin Dreamcast just for fighting games back in the day. No one bitched about console exclusivity back then.

In what alternate universe did YOU come from? lol that's all anyone ever argued about as kids and teenagers back in the day!

But as for me I don't care about console exclusives as long as there's a PC version available. So kudos to Capcom for looking out. Please make sure your netcode AND your matchmaking don't suck. I don't want the matchmaking to regress any more, I need some NUMERICAL PING in my life.

In what alternate universe did YOU come from? lol that's all anyone ever argued about as kids and teenagers back in the day!

But as for me I don't care about console exclusives as long as there's a PC version available. So kudos to Capcom for looking out. Please make sure your netcode AND your matchmaking don't suck. I don't want the matchmaking to regress any more, I need some NUMERICAL PING in my life.

I meant in terms of fighting games. I only recall SF2 being that big of a deal for a while in the SNES/Genesis era. After that I dont remember console wars being a big deal for fighting games. If you wanted a certain fighting game, you went out a bought the console it was on. Not cry and moan that it was available for your system.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141799309]Online was also a lot less crucial back then, and arcades weren't extinct.[/QUOTE]

Oh good point.

Infinite

It just looks a different brand of cartoony, but this is super early I imagine and maybe it will look a bit different later.

B4GPO5xCQAAQ0ox.jpg

Pls have costume changes pls

Make cody's costume from 4 his main and just say he broke out of jail pls.

Yeah, I guess it looks like a video game.

I'm of the opinion that SF4 rebooted Street Fighter from a storyline standpoint. I do acknowledge that this opinion leaves a LOT of plot holes, but it would not surprise me in the least if we see a majority of the original SF2 cast in this new game, and we only see a few more characters from SFIII, without any kind of explanation to the major storylines of SFIII...for what it's worth, I guess.

I say Alex, Necro and Sean have the best chance of getting in SF5. Urien and Gill will not be present. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Urien or Gill make it.

Top Bottom