• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
BkKvesJ.png

DJ confirmed

AAK

There's no chance a future Tekken will release on Xbox over Arcade.

Speaking of Arcades, strange how they didn't even mention that. SF4 was arcade first before consoles.

Fiend's special abilities will be nerfing your character until he can no longer fight back.

You gotta beat him before he can finish his saying. "Hey guys it's Combofiend and here were about to talk about 'character here'" and your character gets bopped.

Similar to Sephiroth's 'Heartless Angel' in KH except you can't heal.

Elena confirmed.

mbpm1

Fiend's special abilities will be nerfing your character until he can no longer fight back.

You gotta beat him before he can finish his saying. "Hey guys it's Combofiend and here were about to talk about 'character here'" and your character gets bopped.

That'll be his taunt move too

Pompadour

Didn't somebody kill Dan later on

Kazuya "killed" Dan in the intro for SFxT. That's it, really.

At one point Dan was going to be the only veteran character to appear in SF3. If only I had access to the internet forums of that alternate universe.

MormaPope

Banned
It actually doesn't make sense why SFV is only on a current gen platform. Sure, its still really early in development probably so things can improve visually, but I don't see why they couldn't go with a more minimalist 2D style and then have no need to downgrade the game.

If Sony got involved to make the game exist, their involvement wouldn't be needed if SFV was released on every platform imaginable.

Kimosabae

Banned
Has Kimo posted about SF5 yet?

we need more negativity.

Only charge character-tier IQs see being critical as being negative.

Coffee, stop being such a downer. SF4 is a great game, despite its faults.

That was a dope-ass trailer with the absolute right tone. Market the competitive aspect of a fighting game from the jump and casuals will be more open to that mindset when they jump into the game. This is why the SF franchise will remain indelible and be more consciously widespread relative to others.

Not sure, if I'm impressed with the graphics/artstyle yet, but it's early.

I told you guys PS4 exclusivity made sense. It's probably timed, though, because Bone isn't as stillborn today as it was when Hadouken Cabs came around last year.

Normal cancels! Omega getting us ready for SFV!!!

HYYYYYYYYPEEEEE!!!!!

I'm most hype about the fact that Deejay's concept artist had his SFV sketches thumbtacked to his forehead and was pushed out of one of the upper floors of Ono's office building after presenting his work.

Megaton?

Similar to Sephiroth's 'Heartless Angel' in KH except you can't heal.

Elena confirmed.
And like one of sagat's intros in SFA3 Boss combofiend will throw a knocked out deejay to the side. http://youtu.be/__FuhlYR4kU

mbpm1

fucking 015ers

sfv takes no skill just a dumbed down version of sfiv, a real street fighter game

I legit can't wait for this salt.

"Remember the good ol' days when you had to work for your knockdown into death setups? Yeah, me neither."

MormaPope

Banned
SF 5 footage is super super early.

They're even reusing SF4 sounds.

Game will change a lot (2018 release anyway)

Is there really info that cements that release date?

If that's the case, I'm a lot less skeptical that it'll be a iterative release of SFIV.

And like one of sagat's intros in SFA3 Boss combofiend will throw a knocked out deejay to the side. http://youtu.be/__FuhlYR4kU

Only charge character-tier IQs see being critical as being negative.

I'm most hype about the fact that Deejay's concept artist had his SFV sketches thumbtacked to his forehead and was pushed out of one of the upper floors of Ono's office building after presenting his work.

Megaton?
so..vulgar

Xpliskin

Is there really info that cements that release date?

If that's the case, I'm a lot less skeptical that it'll be a iterative release of SFIV.

I believe Ono said this in the interview in which he said Capcom wouldn't greenlight a new SF game.

It's somewhere on the net, if i wasnt on my phone I"d link it.

DRE Fei

Did I miss something in that sf5 trailer or is there no mention of arcade release?

I'm glad there's at least a pc version, since I don't have any interest in these new consoles. This is a big console exclusive though like back in the SNES days.

F2P business model possible? How poisonous/good can it be?

Dahbomb

So people in the other thread are stating that SFV is exclusive because Capcom didn't want to greenlight because of expenditures. Sony came in and allowed it to happen same as how Microsoft did it for Dead Rising.

This pretty much feeds into the narrative that Capcom is struggling financially... they can't even seem to get non RE games made without someone else bankrolling it. This really doesn't surprise me all that much but again people like Riposte are going to come in asking for citations about all this hearsay and how we are just all salty over Megaman.

There really is no reason for them to go this route unless they were strapped for cash. Xbox One is doing decent enough where they can get good money from a Xbone version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what
the
fuck

Okay before I post impressions, is there any information besides the trailer hidden in that massive thread, like a Press Release?

Top Bottom