• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

The ones doing the most bitching right now are people that don't even play fighting games.

You mean like the people who are talking about Msoft vs Sony in a god damn SFV thread?

Fuck is that shit? I swear they plotting to get me ban again! I'm bought to go to war with both them bitches, one man army it up gun blazing!

Nyoro SF

The ones doing the most bitching right now are people that don't even play fighting games.

This happens every time there's major general FG news that reaches the mainstream.

The biggest complainers and whiners are always those who don't actually play the games.

Skab

Roster hype will come later. I don't care too much about the art style/graphics/whatever. I'm just incredibly fucking stoked to actually be getting SF5, and seemingly not years and years from now.

Cannot wait to hear/see more.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Back when exclusives was a thing.

During the PS3/360 generation, mostly everything was multi plat. Before that, though, PS2 was the king thanks to Tekken and SC3 exclusivity, two of the biggest franchises in fighting games at that time.

SFV is gonna do the same for PS4.

I agree that PS2 was THE console to own for fighting games. It probably still is...

And the market will never be like that again. Tekken and SC3 weren't on PC, and even if they were the PC market is vastly different now than it was ten years ago. If SFV remains exclusive (on console) to PS4 throughout its entire lifespan - which, really, the only way that's gonna happen is in a Bayo 2 scenario - the PS4 still won't have reached PS2 status because there is an alternative.

FGW: Street Fighter V The Console Warrior

Man, Capcom could have had something with SF4, too bad they changed direction.

tumblr_ng457eAB5Z1rn8um6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng457eAB5Z1rn8um6o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng457eAB5Z1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

Of course, it could always have turned out worse.

Dahbomb

PS4 isn't going to be reaching PS2 status but it doesn't need to. It has already won the console war, this SFV news puts them over the top. Even if SFV eventually comes out on XB1 (which it definitely can), the mindshare is in PS4's favor right now.

Bish has confirmed more megatons this weekend... hold on to your butts. This shit has just started, the salt is about to reach epic proportions.

VariantX

My biggest wishes for mechanic changes are one frame links having a buffer, no more plinking nonsense, reduce amount of OSs, redo the input system (no more getting random DPs for trying to throw out a cr.MK Fireball) and tone down/rework/remove Focus Attacks and Ultras.

I confess that I'm far from being an expert at SF and FG's in general but I agree with the underlined 1000%. If players are doing this technique just to make things easier to do, it would make total sense for Capcom to just streamline it at this point

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Man, Capcom could have had something with SF4, too bad they changed direction.

Of course, it could always have turned out worse.

Honestly in the bottom pic I love that hud more than the bland one we got in SF4 series, everything else definitely worse though.

On topic though. what a giant megaton though. If anything I figured SFV would be exclusive PS4 and only PS4 but PC? Now I don't gotta buy a console

MormaPope

Banned
PS4 isn't going to be reaching PS2 status but it doesn't need to. It has already won the console war, this SFV news puts them over the top. Even if SFV eventually comes out on XB1 (which it definitely can), the mindshare is in PS4's favor right now.

Bish has confirmed more megatons this weekend... hold on to your butts. This shit has just started, the salt is about to reach epic proportions.

DMC5 being a xbone exclusive would cause Gaf to be down for hours. It'll be Bayonetta 2 times ten.

soakrates

If SFV is an honest-to-goodness PC/PS4 exclusive, I wonder if that leaves open the possibility of cross-platform play. It might also explain why Xbone got snubbed. Squeenix's stated reasoning for not releasing FFXIV on Microsoft consoles was MS's refusal to allow cross-platform play.

Village

We aren't asking the correct SF5 questions

Will this one continue the trend of weird bosses with normal ass names.

Just some weird demon man named Steve.

Sayah

SFV looks good enough to me. Don't know why people come in with all these high expectations.

It's an early build footage.
They have to maintain the frame rate.

You're not going to see a jump like SF3 to SF4 so stop.
I agree that PS2 was THE console to own for fighting games. It probably still is...

And the market will never be like that again. Tekken and SC3 weren't on PC, and even if they were the PC market is vastly different now than it was ten years ago. If SFV remains exclusive (on console) to PS4 throughout its entire lifespan - which, really, the only way that's gonna happen is in a Bayo 2 scenario - the PS4 still won't have reached PS2 status because there is an alternative.

FGW: Street Fighter V The Console Warrior
I wouldn't count on PC being the big differentiating factor. Japanese devs are always delaying PC release to months after the console release. This isn't limited to fighting games either. Look at Dark Souls II for instance.

And now I'm really excited for DoA5 PC but the 3 months no online deflated all the hype. Plus, tournaments are only going to feature consoles so PC release isn't a factor there either.

That being said, PS4 definitely can't reach PS2 levels but having console exclusivity to the current biggest fighting game IP in North America is a pretty big deal even if Xbone ends up getting Super version later on.

Skab

That stage background also gives me some serious 3rd strike Yang/Yun stage vibes. Really does seem like this will be post SF3.

We aren't asking the correct SF5 questions

Will this one continue the trend of weird bosses with normal ass names.

Just some weird demon man named Steve.

It will be Peter, since Combofiend is essentially the new Seth.

I'm a big SF4 fan and I'm still looking forward to playing it and Omega mode whenever it comes out. But this SF5 needed to happen and I'm glad it finally did. Time to start the hype train. Good thing I already have a PS4, that thing was bought with one thing in mind, that SF5 would some day come out and be available on that system. Glad it's true although exclusivity is surprising. But anyways, there is plenty of time to still invest in USF4 and Omega mode for the next year or two so I'm not planning to slowdown outside of NFL football season.

Sad to say but my boy, Evil Ryu, probably won't be returning though :(

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I'm a big SF4 fan and I'm still looking forward to playing it and Omega mode whenever it comes out. But this SF5 needed to happen and I'm glad it finally did. Time to start the hype train. Good thing I already have a PS4, that thing was bought with one thing in mind, that SF5 would some day come out and be available on that system. Glad it's true although exclusivity is surprising. But anyways, there is plenty of time to still invest in USF4 and Omega mode for the next year or two so I'm not planning to slowdown outside of NFL football season.

Sad to say but my boy, Evil Ryu, probably won't be returning though :(

eh, just wait for one of the many iterations that come down the line

I'm sure we will end up with 50 characters by 2018

eh, just wait for one of the many iterations that come down the line

I'm sure we will end up with 50 characters by 2018

You mean for SF5 right? Well of course that's going to happen. But still, we needed a brand new game. Hopefully they don't take too long with this, it would be kind of cool if they dropped it on June 2016. Everybody only gets a month to figure things out before EVO lol

My SF5 wish list
- No Fuerte
- No Viper
- Blanka can stay since he's a OG but make him really shitty

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
You mean for SF5 right? Well of course that's going to happen. But still, we needed a brand new game. Hopefully they don't take too long with this, it would be kind of cool if they dropped it on June 2016. Everybody only gets a month to figure things out before EVO lol

My SF5 wish list
- No Fuerte
- No Viper
- Blanka can stay since he's a OG but make him really shitty

yeah, I just mean you'll probably get e.ryu in sf5 eventually, just maybe not in the first iteration

Top Bottom