• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Ferrio

Banned
There is a patch coming but at the same time I can't relate to any of the problems people are having and I have over 200 matches played already and I stream *shrug*

Ya I'm in alaska and I get connections better than 9 to people. Well until that patch, hopefully ps3 patch fixes it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Like I said before, Im pretty sure being able to see the latency mid match is fucking with people.

And my internet is fairly average.

3988016598.png

kasane

Cool. Now I just need to find a place to buy a HRAP4, and I need to figure out where to buy parts from. The last time I bought fightstick parts, lizardlicks was around. I don't know who is reputable.

Do the buttons need to be specifically configured for the PS4 or anything? I was looking at these:
https://www.videogamesnewyork.com/arcade-buttons/obsfs-30-grayblack-silent

Going silent would greatly please my wife. :p
Focusattack or canadianjoysticks (if youre in canada lol)

Cool. Now I just need to find a place to buy a HRAP4, and I need to figure out where to buy parts from. The last time I bought fightstick parts, lizardlicks was around. I don't know who is reputable.

Do the buttons need to be specifically configured for the PS4 or anything? I was looking at these:
https://www.videogamesnewyork.com/arcade-buttons/obsfs-30-grayblack-silent

Going silent would greatly please my wife. :p

I use focus-attack for parts. I also use https://www.akishop.jp/ for other stuff but they ship from japan

vocab

I buy buttons from focus attack. I honestly haven't tried any other site because my experience has always been good. There is no ps4 or ps3 or 360 buttons. You only need to look at the size, sanwa or semitsu, or screw in or not. 30 are the main size for buttons. The smaller ones are usually start and select.

Kimosabae

Banned
There is a patch coming but at the same time I can't relate to any of the problems people are having and I have over 200 matches played already and I stream *shrug*

Guy, nobody gives a shit that your experience with Xrd is awesome. Seriously. Every damned time someone talks about how their experience is subpar online in Xrd you come keyboard-warrioring your way in with apathetic comments regarding your supposedly great experience. If it's great for you - that's fucking fantastic. That doesn't mean that people having problems are inept or have shitty internet. It could just mean the netcode is spotty. Hence, the patch.

That's too bad you can't relate to people's unfortunate circumstances because we sure as hell have gone out our way to relate to yours.

Christ.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guy, nobody gives a shit that your experience with Xrd is awesome. Seriously. Every damned time someone talks about how their experience is subpar online in Xrd you come keyboard-warrioring your way in with apathetic comments regarding your supposedly great experience. If it's great for you - that's fucking fantastic. That doesn't mean that people having problems are inept or have shitty internet.

That's too bad you can't relate to people's unfortunate circumstance because we sure as hell have gone out our way to relate yours.

Christ.
Guy, nobody gives a shit that your experience with Xrd is shit. Seriously. Every damned time someone talks about how their experience is great online in Xrd you come keyboard-warrioring your way in with angry comments regarding your supposedly horrible experience. If it's bad for you - that sucks. That doesn't mean that people are not having problems and the code is shit.

That's too bad you can't relate to people's awesome circumstance because we sure as hell have gone out our way to relate yours.

Christ.

Kappa

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fucking Christ. No joke, before I bought an Ethernet cable, I think I was averaging like 7 mb/s download speed

Yeah wireless is ass, I remember back when Killzone 2 came out I would lose connections nonstop. Dragged a wire all the way out to the living room and bam never had issues again. Never played wireless again xD

3988034751.png

All this speed and I can't even connect to anyone. I hate college.

dont they have you do something special to make sure game systems can connect to the internet/play online? I know one place I went to had you email them info to get my ps3 working online

Astarte

dont they have you do something special to make sure game systems can connect to the internet/play online? I know one place I went to had you email them info to get my ps3 working online

I know that one of the fixes is the use a VPN to bypass the NAT-3...only problem being that I don't know a reliable VPN :/

sikvod00

Banned
Have there been any interviews with Momochi post-CC yet? I'm really interested to hear about things regarding his training regime, experience with the different matches, etc.

Guy, nobody gives a shit that your experience with Xrd is awesome. Seriously. Every damned time someone talks about how their experience is subpar online in Xrd you come keyboard-warrioring your way in with apathetic comments regarding your supposedly great experience. If it's great for you - that's fucking fantastic. That doesn't mean that people having problems are inept or have shitty internet. It could just mean the netcode is spotty. Hence, the patch.

That's too bad you can't relate to people's unfortunate circumstances because we sure as hell have gone out our way to relate to yours.

Christ.
Q's internet usually sucks, though.

Yeah wireless is ass, I remember back when Killzone 2 came out I would lose connections nonstop. Dragged a wire all the way out to the living room and bam never had issues again. Never played wireless again xD

Yea. FUCK it was annoying. I would always lose connection during 3S too at literally the first fucking times. Then people get all pissy, "wow rq nice gg" it's like: "T____T no pls believe me it wasn't me."

3988034751.png

Lol fuck you. Try no speed AND no one to connect. NOT ALL UNI'S ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE GREAT INTERNET MR. UNGRATEFUL.

Astarte

Lol fuck you. Try no speed AND no one to connect. NOT ALL UNI'S ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE GREAT INTERNET MR. UNGRATEFUL.

I'm sorry gorilla :<
I'm on that top tier Georgia Tech internet with that lack of connection and it frustrates me because I can't have glorious salty internet fights...but having both slow internet and NAT-3 sounds like hell

Busaiku

So Guilty Gear Xrd can't get the roster right, can't get the netcode right, and can't get the story right.
Heck it can't even get release dates right.

HAHAHA fuck that shit dude. Also, what's up with that tiny Japanese voice in the back. I thought I was hearing shit, scared the crap out of me.

I'm sorry gorilla :<
I'm on that top tier Georgia Tech internet with that lack of connection and it frustrates me because I can't have glorious salty internet fights...but having both slow internet and NAT-3 sounds like hell

Lol nah it's all good. I get connection, but it just randomly decides to shit itself for a few days at a time and not let me play with anybody is all. Your situation's probably gotta suck worse. Shit's just taunting you. #StruggleIsReal

Xrd's story was pretty disappointing IMO. If I watched an episode of that on Hulu/CR I don't think I'd come back for more.

The instant dictionary feature was pretty neat though. The setting info ended up being more interesting to me than most of the cutscenes I watched.

mbpm1

HAHAHA fuck that shit dude. Also, what's up with that tiny Japanese voice in the back. I thought I was hearing shit, scared the crap out of me.

What japanese voice? all I hear is laughter? Are you sure you're not hearing things?

Nah actually its a Japanese text-to-speech tool, reads stream chat so streamer doesn't have to. It's in basically every Japanese stream.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Do I have the jpg for you...

I looked up bluerei and was not disappointed.

Like I said before, Im pretty sure being able to see the latency mid match is fucking with people.

And my internet is fairly average.

3988016598.png

Damn, that netcode.

3988034751.png

Yeah, colleges are really strict on letting gaming consoles on. It works perfectly fine with Steam though.

You should see SmoothOperator's internet speed then, he pays $50 a month for it. Its practically some connection a corporate software company would need.

So Guilty Gear Xrd can't get the roster right, can't get the netcode right, and can't get the story right.
Heck it can't even get release dates right.

It has I-No and came out two weeks early so I don't know what anybody's complaining about. Fighting games don't have stories so that's not even real.

And my internet is ass anyway, so netcode is also an invalid argument! ^_^

Top Bottom