• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

The salt from GB is hilarious.

tumblr_ls306vj0N41qfri93o1_500.gif

Haters gonna hate.

See that? Suit is instantly better. None of this trench coat, naruto-headband-wearing, black nail polish Vergil.

To be fair, Vergil is way more fun in DMC3 than Dante. Less is more, and his attacks are more mechanically interesting to begin with. If only there was a reason to try and use them all.
It's just like Bayonetta 2. All this crazy stuff to do but who cares when you can just beat hard mode by jumping back and spamming the bow all day? I liked the enemies in DMC1 that were weaker to certain attacks like the Shadows, they made coming up with strategies on the fly interesting. DMC3 and 4 are just a bunch of punching bags to pad game length until you get to the (admittedly awesome) boss battles.

Kalamari

I've sorta recently got into fighting games this year and I play on keyboard. I've been playing kof13, mbaacc, ssf4ae (haven't got ultra yet), skullgirls, and 3rd strike on fightcade. In each game I input a direction or movement and it sometimes doesn't come out. Is this because of keyboard ghosting or am I just pressing keys to fast? I think melty blood is the best example because half circles never come out. So I was thinking about graduating from keyboard to a stick and I heard about the stickless hitbox arcade. Does anyone here have experience with it? Because it's a pretty big commitment if I buy one, at least I believe it is. http://a.pomf.se/dvockb.webm This is me trying to do arc drive on ryougi.

I was lusting for a hitbox controller a while, but I kinda lost interest when I figured out how hard the learning curve would be with the directional inputs. In particular, left hand ring finger directional inputs. I say if you are pretty confident with your left handed directional inputs, I say go for it.

If your left handed fingers aren't that great, get an arcade stick and practice, practice, practice. Soon, it will feel like an extension of your own body.

Dahbomb

There's a reason to use every single option of Vergil in DMC3.

Yams I don't know what to tell you about your interview problem. Make sure you give them a thank you note/email afterwards. Prep better for the next one.

Cool. Now I just need to find a place to buy a HRAP4, and I need to figure out where to buy parts from. The last time I bought fightstick parts, lizardlicks was around. I don't know who is reputable.

Do the buttons need to be specifically configured for the PS4 or anything? I was looking at these:
https://www.videogamesnewyork.com/arcade-buttons/obsfs-30-grayblack-silent

Going silent would greatly please my wife. :p
If you're getting a stick that already has Sanwa buttons. Just get these, you'll save a lot of money.

http://www.focusattack.com/silencer-sanwa-seimitsu-30mm-foam-washers-8-pak/

NEO0MJ

That could be another layer, too, but I distinctly remember reading about the "Good and Evil" and color association in an EGM Kamiya interview many, many years ago. He also mentioned Vash the Stampede and his red trench coat and i think maybe others.

Frankly the most I knew about red and blue is that Red is often used for hot blooded characters while blue is used for the calm and collected type, which fit Dante and Vergil perfectly.

If I get the HRAP4, it will need new buttons anyway, unfortunately.

Do the silent buttons have any kind of satisfying "click"? I really do like the sound of that...

The silent buttons are the same Sanwa buttons with a rubber pad in them. So instead of feeling a hard clack, you just hit rubber. There's sound, but I wouldn't call it satisfying. My frustration with them is that the pad is kinda thick, so you really a half press. Weird at first, but you could adjust.

If you want a silent button and will give you a full press, I recommend these. They're expensive, but I think they're really good buttons.

http://www.focusattack.com/hbfs-g2-30mm-mechanical-switch-pushbutton-black/

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams I don't know what to tell you about your interview problem. Make sure you give them a thank you note/email afterwards. Prep better for the next one.

I should do this, it didn't go that bad but my nerves were clearly showing. I'm competing with 20 other people so I'm not too optimistic.

That's what he wants you to think

I still can't avatar quote you, god damn it.

Astarte

I should do this, it didn't go that bad but my nerves were clearly showing. I'm competing with 20 other people so I'm not too optimistic.

Lol Dahbomb's advice a few months back actually got me hired for a medical tech assistant position =w=
I still have no idea what the hell is happening.

petghost

Banned
They should add a Ranked Omega Mode...After they fix the Gen infinite

what you think the chances of them fixing this kinda thing are? im not sure how much pressure they would feel to do it seeing as how its a goofy side mode but man i hope they do. ibuki got one too although it looks slightly less ridiculous.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";143527966]I like that Capcom isn't afraid to release a mode with a bunch of random broken stuff in it. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if there's any merit to the idea that it's sort of an SF5 beta. "Let's just throw every crazy thing at the wall and see what people like."

Someone on his stream asked and Justin said he's gonna change his main from Rufus. So guess we'll see.

Let's see if he actually does it this time. He's said this multiple times before but 500k might be the motivator for him to actually do it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
In my mind, it's "can we come up with a replacement for Marvel 3 out of SF4".
I can at least appreciate that sentiment.

Omega is the first thing since unblockables that have gotten me to even halfheartedly consider picking the game back up since 2010.

xCobalt

I wonder if there's any merit to the idea that it's sort of an SF5 beta. "Let's just throw every crazy thing at the wall and see what people like."

Based on gouken's changes, it's like they just added what a lot of people wanted. Tatsu doesn't go in the air if you whiff it, jab hit confirms, you can pick the angle for EX Fireball - you can actually do 2 fully charged horizontal fireballs. 4 hits that do like 250 damage.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just had the best sleep in months. Feels good.

The balance changes are real good but is being overshadowed by Omega mode.

I've ordered PS4 HRAP Hayabusa stick since they were only 75 pounds last friday on amazon uk.

Can someone tell me what joystick and buttons are inside ?

Astarte

I hope it runs and plays better than All-Star. Really wish I could have loved that game.

After 1.04 I felt like the game plays fine. It was actually pretty damn fun, actually. All they needed to do was fix how the game ran and it would be pretty solid.

Rhapsody

Banned
New jojo game is a tag battle 3d arena fighter
I'm going to lie down and cry. RIP ASB.

And now we'll never experience an ASB sequel in 60 fps.

I felt like the combo system was a little boring and slow in the first game, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been tweaked into something great. So I don't know how to feel about that opportunity lost.

Top Bottom