• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Skab

Leo top tier confirmed

tumblr_ngld4shqaR1s0fo0zo1_500.gif

Uraizen

Banned
Circuitous did a good explanation on why some of the delays feel the way they do, and it reflects how I feel about it too

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...ical-gameplay-discussion/page-504#entry873560

Sometimes the number shown isn't completely accurate, which I agree with.

Pretty sure I said that or the equivalent of it a while back. It's a minimum of 2f for every match, which is a perfectly acceptable amount. The problem is that the number you see isn't even the current amount you're getting. It's just an average between you and the another player. So if it dips to say... 19f, it's going to stay high for a bit.

How about I explain things in terms of "I'm not getting JIs consistently" or "Dammit, I wanted to land in front, not behind" because I didn't drop from the wall cling when I expected to. I'm just glad things like the blitz shield have a fucking enormous window to parry attacks. Let's not forget the good ole' missed off the wall alpha blade follow-up because of character specific timing. After netplay, I always have to go back to training room to see if it's me fucking up or my timing is fucked.

I also agree with Circuitous on the issue of wired vs wireless. In this game specifically, I would strongly recommend you wire up.

We'll see if the patch helps much or brings it up to a playable level for me. They're not SNK or Capcom, so there's still hope.

Kimosabae

Banned
My connection isn't the best, but this would literally be the only game I've ever played with a supposed reputable netcode to give me problems. If green bar matches in a game like SF4 are more than playable for me, despite how "bad " that game's netcode is, then Xrd shouldn't be much worse, if it all, if the problem's solely on my end.

People like to talk as though there isn't a notched patch coming for a reason.

Coda

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/544607746872868864

Ugh. I don't know what to do now. I don't want to spend $200 on that unattractive USFIV stick.

Why don't you just get your current stick modded. That's what I'm doing. I already have a pimped out (with a Hayabusa joystick) SFIV Femme Fatale TE that is meaningful to me so I'd rather it not go obsolete. Plus it's nice having a stick that can play on two of your main consoles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. Not really feeling Omega mode and that's from being overly hype for it. My problem is infinites and wonky hitboxes, etc. Back to Destiny!

WarRock

Casper I really enjoyed the OFL work you did during the Capcom Cup but I though the infos where too small on screen. Since it often happened while players where fighting, I didn't notice all this infos and was disapointed when I realised it. Your work needs to be better seen!

Must agree with this. It was nicely incorporated in the overlay, but it was also too subtly incorporated to it.

Leo top tier confirmed

tumblr_ngld4shqaR1s0fo0zo1_500.gif

Oh my.

Why don't you just get your current stick modded. That's what I'm doing. I already have a pimped out (with a Hayabusa joystick) SFIV Femme Fatale TE that is meaningful to me so I'd rather it not go obsolete. Plus it's nice having a stick that can play on two of your main consoles.
How do you go about doing that? I do love my current sticks.

Just get the HRAP 4 and don't put up with this delay nonsense from madkatz.
Everyone says the HRAP4 has squeaky crappy buttons. I'm not about to drop $150 on that.

Poor Guilty Gear it comes out this week and the FGC Weekly thread title is about something a year away.
I noticed that when titles were being discussed on saturday and sunday, but I didn't want to be that guy. It kinda makes sense. Xrd had a lot more hype before release and before people got their hands on the console version. Also, the FGC is Capcom centric so it is what it is. Five hundred thousand dollars versus meh netcode isn't going to end well for ASW.

Coda

How do you go about doing that? I do love my current sticks.

Everyone says the HRAP4 has squeaky crappy buttons. I'm not about to drop $150 on that.

http://gummods.com/

This guy has my stick right now. His turn around seems amazing as he said he's going to ship it back on Tuesday after receiving it on Saturday. It is somewhat costly, but personally I'd rather do that than own another stick which is just going to take up more room.

You could always do it yourself, but I'm lazy and soldering is just annoying.

http://gummods.com/

This guy has my stick right now. His turn around seems amazing as he said he's going to ship it back on Tuesday after receiving it on Saturday. It is somewhat costly, but personally I'd rather do that than own another stick which is just going to take up more room.

You could always do it yourself, but I'm lazy and soldering is just annoying.
Dead link for me. What did it cost?

.la1n

Non-troll answer: he's done a lot of photography and graphic design for the FGC, include a lot of the graphics that Team Sp00ky uses and the Capcom Cup logo.

What about the current Sp00ky jeweled crown skull? That shit is so awful it almost goes full circle into awesome.

If I don't get one from the first batch, nobody is getting one. I ordered that sucker minutes after it went up.
The account says that they should get the first batch next week. But more won't come until January. -_-

Yeah get a hrap with new buttons or a madcatZ
I guess I could replace all of the HRAP4 buttons. Are they easy to take out and such? The HRAPV3SA is a pain in the ass to open.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My connection isn't the best, but this would literally be the only game I've ever played with a supposed reputable netcode to give me problems. If green bar matches in a game like SF4 are more than playable for me, despite how "bad " that game's netcode is, then Xrd shouldn't be much worse, if it all, if the problem's solely on my end.

People like to talk as though there isn't a notched patch coming for a reason.

There is a patch coming but at the same time I can't relate to any of the problems people are having and I have over 200 matches played already and I stream *shrug*

vocab

The account says that they should get the first batch next week. But more won't come until January. -_-

I guess I could replace all of the HRAP4 buttons. Are they easy to take out and such? The HRAPV3SA is a pain in the ass to open.

Probably takes less than two mins.

Top Bottom