• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Grakl

EDIT: Also characters with rapid button press moves have lowered requirement to 4 button presses for activation. It doesn't sound much, but it helps a lot in terms of execution.
Holy shit, that would make learning how to piano so much easier for me.

Shouta

Fireball change makes Ryu fun and that cl.hk buff is amusing too, lol. It makes getting jump-ins even more potent. =o

gutabo

Holy shit, that would make learning how to piano so much easier for me.

I think so, but tt's going to have to be very different methods from 5 button presses. Since I don't have access to the game I can't test shit but for stick users slide/piano methods are going to be much easier now. Like LP with index, slide LP-MP-HP with thumb for stuff like jab into hands. Or for Blanka you could piano crouching LP+LK, HP, MP, LP for crouching light into jab elec.

EDIT: My son loves you avatar BTW.

Well of course you wouldn't be a fan of that! :p

It's not that actually!

Basically the HP fireball Ryu has is now like his EX fireball, His EX fireball is already much harder to block online than off - if he throws it out midscreen, sometimes you will block it and sometimes you won't - it depends on how the network connection is feeling.

I'm talking about two character distances away.

Basically, now his HP fireball is like his EX fireball - so you now have to respect an essentially randomly unblockable-on-reaction meterless half screen special. :|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
t5QbKTf.gif

gutabo

Basically, now his HP fireball is like his EX fireball - so you now have to respect an essentially randomly unblockable-on-reaction meterless half screen special. :|

I've just seen a facebook video at a closed group where a ryu throws a jab fireball almost full screen against an airborne opponent and on hit(while opponent is jumping) does an ultra one immediately afterwards and it hits...

Tournament news for anime games gonna be hot this weekend. Q knows what I'm talking about. =)

Not cool Shouta, not cool...

I said I was interested in Faust only to learn he has a finger-butt ultra thing.

What did you make me pre-order Q? I should have listened to Dahbomb.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is Uniel still coming in Q1 of next year for the PS3? Might tweet at Sony to go ahead and bring that badboy to the PS4.

DunpealD

I've just seen a facebook video at a closed group where a ryu throws a jab fireball almost full screen against an airborne opponent and on hit(while opponent is jumping) does an ultra one immediately afterwards and it hits...

You can combo the lp Hadouken into HK tatsu when the opponent is in the corner and you're at about 2 jumps away.

Fireball change makes Ryu fun and that cl.hk buff is amusing too, lol. It makes getting jump-ins even more potent. =o

Would I like to play as Ryu in USF4? I never really found a character but he seems like the type of basic character I feel like I could adjust to

Sayah

I actually might pick T7 up. My time with T6 was actually more fun than SFIV, now that I think about it. I don't care for the TTT2 team battle system, though.

Quote this post!

T7 probably won't be as fun as TTT2. The tag mechanics in TTT2 are really one of the most wondrous things to ever happen to fighting games. :)

With that being said, I am SO SICK of tag games after extensively playing TTT2, MvC3, and SFXTK. Really looking forward to going back to 1v1 in Tekken 7 but the wait for that game is going to be torturous, especially with the main developers saying console release is "ways off."

T7 probably won't be as fun as TTT2. The tag mechanics in TTT2 are really one of the most wondrous things to ever happen to fighting games. :)

With that being said, I am SO SICK of tag games after extensively playing TTT2, MvC3, and SFXTK. Really looking forward to going back to 1v1 in Tekken 7 but the wait for that game is going to be torturous, especially with the main developers saying console release is "ways off."
I really don't enjoy figuring out tag combos. I'm the kind of guy who is 100% happy to come in to a game, do a Google search for a character's optimal combos, and move on. Plus, I don't like the majority of the Tekken cast, so finding two characters I want to play would be hard. :p

Sayah

I really don't enjoy figuring out tag combos. I'm the kind of guy who is 100% happy to come in to a game, do a Google search for a character's optimal combos, and move on. Plus, I don't like the majority of the Tekken cast, so finding two characters I want to play would be hard. :p

You can still find basic BnB combos for pretty much every team through a simple youtube search.

And it's a roster of like 60 characters. You shouldn't have too much of a problem, lol.

EU PSN had the game on sale for like $5 a few days ago. Don't know if it's still up.

Retail copies are still running at higher prices for some reason despite it being a 2+ year old game.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KYYOSO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can still find basic BnB combos for pretty much every team through a simple youtube search.

And it's a roster of like 60 characters. You shouldn't have too much of a problem, lol.

EU PSN had the game on sale for like $5 a few days ago. Don't know if it's still up.

Retail copies are still running at higher prices for some reason despite it being a 2+ year old game.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KYYOSO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
You don't want me to go off on how awful I think Tekken character designs are, do you? :p I feel like you're going out of your way to ask me.

I'm not buying any last-gen fighting games. I even skipped P4A2.

I got the disk version of Smash.

That fireball change on Ryu makes me want to finally try him.
I meant of GG Xrd.

Top Bottom