• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Ultra moved much more towards the direction of "Senor Footsies" - if the patient back and forth spacing game isn't your thing, you're probably just better off playing another game.
Or El Fuerte

I played a guy in SF a couple weeks ago who told me he likes playing Fuerte because he can turn his brain off and press buttons. He then fought me with Dudley and Elena, his old mains, and lost 10 in a row.

Malice215

Hm... Super Arcade is relocating https://twitter.com/SuperDojo/status/544931744437514241

Not going to jump to any conclusions, but it's not something I was expecting to hear.
I don't think the news is going to be received well after the funding for the renovations though.

It was something I was expecting to happen down the road because of the real estate market in that area and greedy landlords, but I wasn't expecting for it to happen this soon after renovating.

If Watts took the money and blew it on coke instead of renovations, then I would call it a heist. It's just disappointing to hear.

It was something I was expecting to happen down the road because of the real estate market in that area and greedy landlords, but I wasn't expecting for it to happen this soon after renovating.

If Watts took the money and blew it on coke instead of renovations, then I would call it a heist. It's just disappointing to hear.

Didn't people just shell out money so they can rebuild that place and now they are relocating?

The Fuck?

Busaiku

Another thing ArcSys screwed up on is that, despite going with models now, they're still only releasing DLC colors, instead of costumes.
They can't get this right.

Marvel is bughouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyIYFGUNIhc

I honestly get very little pleasure out of my victories in SF.

I spent a good 10 years playing competitive chess, and the difference between that and SF is that aggression wins in chess. All fighting games have mindgames. I love them because, like you, I feel like they are a faster-paced chess with even more depth. SF is on the shallow end of that for me (in terms of enjoyment).

That was pretty hype. Also, where's the link for that Smash thing you posted. I'll join :)

http://www.twitch.tv/CapcomFighters

WinnerStaysOn session from Capcom UK.

Daaaamn!

Exr

Another thing ArcSys screwed up on is that, despite going with models now, they're still only releasing DLC colors, instead of costumes.
Lol they are charging for colors too? Does the game by itself have some alt colors or are they all going to be DLC?

Anth0ny

Melee Ranking 15-11 are up

For top 10 I'm thinking:

10. Colbol (Fox) weird ass choice for #10 but he's not on the list yet apparently
9. Westballz (Falco/Fox/Falcon)
8. Axe (Pikachu)
7. Hax (Fox)
6. Leffen (Fox)
5. Hungrybox (Puff)
4. Mew2King (Marth/Sheik/Fox)
3. PPMD (Falco/Marth)
2. Armada (Peach)
1. Mango (Fox/Falco)

It seems like they consider Wobbles retired, so he's not on the list for some reason. He's attended tournaments this year, though...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You know with the way they did the animation they would have to redo everything for new costumes right?

Capcom had to do this with some of shuma's stuff in MvC3 not really worth it unless it was going to sell like hotcakes

Dahbomb

Saw the rankings on SRK for UMVC3... Justin Marvelous Wong is now the best player based on numerical ranking. He was #2 before NEC but the win pushed him to #1.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm spoiled by games with color edit.

I haven't bought DLC colors in awhile though, last was P4U (just so Yu and Izanagi had this Dante/Vergil look).
I will buy BB DLC colors if they bring back CT Nu's black/pink color palette again.

SRK: You just finished a huge remodeling effort with help from the community. How much of the refurbished equipment will be transferred to the new venue?

MW: All the equipment can and definitely will be moved. Does it suck that I wasted so much time and effort overhauling the current spot? Of course, but in the long run this is obviously for the better for myself and hopefully for the community. We will be moving the new toilet and amenities from the restroom, so not all is lost!

at least he gets to keep the toilet. edit: damn beaten lol

You take that back. SFIV is fun.

Maybe you should finally get around to giving TTT2 a fair chance if you want adrenaline rush. :D
I actually might pick T7 up. My time with T6 was actually more fun than SFIV, now that I think about it. I don't care for the TTT2 team battle system, though.

That was pretty hype. Also, where's the link for that Smash thing you posted. I'll join :)

Daaaamn!
Quote this post!

Uraizen

Banned
Oh hell no, I'm not arguing the ArcSys thing in here, too. Way they update sucks, I feel I get my money's worth of enjoyment, bla bla bla.

It's awesome that people think that Omega is the legit update.

It's more fun than Ultra, can ya blame them?

smurfx

get some go again
I don't know jack about rent for a place like this in SoCal or even at a strip mall in my small town. Just what is the typical price in that area anyways?
depends on the area. my friend had a spot that is basically the same size but in a worse area and he paid 1200 a month.

kirblar

Omega = exporation mode, Ultra doesn't have that same deep dive fun feel. And that's ok. It'll get tons of exposure over the course of the year.

Shouta

I don't know jack about rent for a place like this in SoCal or even at a strip mall in my small town. Just what is the typical price in that area anyways?

According to my quick search, it's about 2.5 dollars per square feet even in that area. The spaces like Yoshinoya run about 3k per month as Watson points out. the Super Arcade space is definitely double those smaller spots which is why it costs so much in rent.

gutabo

Whoa at so many people jumping into conlusions on that Watson news.

Watson did commented in the comment section:

He also commented that he got the info from his landlord today at 9:30 am.

As a business owner that has to deal with nonsense(like power/water supply sabotaging and corruption of now former employees) everyday from my landlord(and her mom and their lawyers) even with a two year lease contract in hand, I can relate.

isn't SA in like a strip mall? Doesn't seem all that busy but obviously it was at night. It does suck that the landlord couldn't negotiate especially if what he brings was helping out other businesses around there. Like AL gets a reduced rate I believe since they bring the mall so much and losing them would be a big loss

Malice215

Didn't people just shell out money so they can rebuild that place and now they are relocating?

The Fuck?

I figured it would happen eventually because Watts mentioned problems with his landlord before, so I guess he saw the fresh flooring and the yung toilet and has forced his hand.

In the long run, if the move saves him rent money which keeps the arcade viable and the players don't worry about having their cars towed at where ever the new location is, then it's a beneficial move.

The news is unfortunate, but it would make even less sense to continue to put up with such a landlord, so hopefully it all works out.

DunpealD

Omega = exporation mode, Ultra doesn't have that same deep dive fun feel. And that's ok. It'll get tons of exposure over the course of the year.

While we are talking about exploration. Desk has posted a small video on Omega mechanics and changed hitbox on DJ.

The fact that only supers and ultras are hard knockdown is quite interesting. They do have delayed wake up though!
The Omega characters are quite whack, but I think vanilla Sagat can still hold his own vs. Omega characters, his raw damage is just THAT good. Same could apply to AE Yun and Vanilla Ryu. I do hope that they fix those infinites though.

EDIT: Also characters with rapid button press moves have lowered requirement to 4 button presses for activation. It doesn't sound much, but it helps a lot in terms of execution.

isn't SA in like a strip mall? Doesn't seem all that busy but obviously it was at night. It does suck that the landlord couldn't negotiate especially if what he brings was helping out other businesses around there. Like AL gets a reduced rate I believe since they bring the mall so much and losing them would be a big loss

There are a few empty business there in that section (toward the other end, up Grand). Well, at least the last time I was there.

Top Bottom