• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

alstein

The thing with fighting games is I find the destination of high-level play a lot more fun than the journey of learning stuff in training mode. This is to the point where I don't bother with training usually.

Riposte

I might be a bit of a boring oddball, so for me: balance > depth. There's no fun for me in a stacked scenario from either the advantaged or disadvantaged side. Coming out on top when all else is equal, tools-wise, is the epitome of satisfaction.

Maybe you like winning too much? Or maybe it is you dislike losing too much?

I would saying winning while disadvantaged is undeniably more satisfying. This idea can be seen in a lot of things, but especially videogames.

kirblar

Do you have any idea what it's like to get punched in the forearms by a multi-decades kyokushinkaikan/shotokan master with electricity swirling around his fists?

It's not something you'll probably take like a brick wall. I actually think it'd be cool if there are hits in there that make the opponent stumble back on guard (but not necessarily break their guard).
Unreal is a positive term, lol.

Riposte

Nemesis and Dahbomb got in a scuffle over the OTs? Why lol. Nemesis's behavior sounds weird; Dahbomb got hit because he was sharing what was probably suppose to be a private matter (you are not suppose to confront mods in public).

I don't know if it's a bench, reading that thread it sounds like he got junior'd right before he got banned.

If so, that's... I don't even know, man.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That whole situation is silly.

BUT IN OTHER NEWS Kimo have you checked to see if your internet is plugged in yet?

Not serious

CurlyW

Just saw the /r/Kappa drama regarding that guy. Pretty funny that the biggest troll on that subreddit got super butthurt over being called out by Watts. (And it puts him in elite company with DSP, appropriately.)

Also.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
As for the Dahbomb thing from the looks of it, the Original DmC thread was basically a troll thread DahBomb didnt want that to happen again, other guy didn't want that to happen either or something. Dahbomb pms asking if he can make it or work with the guy to make it or something. Guy pms mods thinking dahbomb is trying to highjack it so mods Jr dahbomb, dahbomb sends a pm to mods about subject while talking about the pms in the thread. Get's banned.

But that's just what I can tell from the outside :p Basically keep PMs in PMs

hitsugi

Dahbomb can't be perm'd.

...but he did get junior'd prior.. I don't know. I'm not positive of those things go on GAF but the whole "he will return" motto feels like it'll ring true eventually.

Nyoro SF

As for the Dahbomb thing from the looks of it, the Original DmC thread was basically a troll thread DahBomb didnt want that to happen again, other guy didn't want that to happen either or something. Dahbomb pms asking if he can make it or work with the guy to make it or something. Guy pms mods thinking dahbomb is trying to highjack it so mods Jr dahbomb, dahbomb sends a pm to mods about subject while talking about the pms in the thread. Get's banned.

But that's just what I can tell from the outside :p Basically keep PMs in PMs

That's about the gist of it.
Permabanned as well, since he was a junior.
So if you want to hit some buttons to pay your respects.... I guess now is the time.

Kimosabae

Banned
So it was legit a DMC thread???

Perma'd??

Nooo RIP Dahbomb :(

Q, got some compressed air for my internet, gonna get in the grooves and see if that helps.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dahbomb on the bench??

Had to be a DMC thread.

Clash over OT rights for the re-releases of DmC and DMC4

The guy who previously called the DMC4SE/DmC OT without consulting these threads first called the mods after I called the DMC4SE OT.

This is after he had redacted his statement on the OT saying he didn't want to work on the OTs anymore. Instead of dealing with it on these threads or PMs he goes to a mod to get me demoted.

Now he's claiming that I didn't want to collaborate when anyone who knows anything about me, that's all I have been doing for 7 years on this forum when related to DMC.

I don't think he is permed, eithher. I doubt there is a macro that auto-perms a junior when banned and the mod who banned him would know that he wasn't really on probation as an actual junior.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
pouring-out-liquor.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shit, I hope it's not a perma, who will call out the moneyhats? #freedahbomb

I'm assuming Shouta can't do anything about this right? If what Dahbomb posted on the thread is completely true than I believe he deserves a second chance so this situation can be rectified but I'm not a mod so I'm just white noise...

I never knew thread creating was so crazy on this site. I didn't even know that theres a separate topic where you have to claim rights to making an OT topic. I guess it makes sense though.

Top Bottom