• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

K.Sabot

Japan always does that with their LE OST pack ins.

It's because they always sell the full OST for $40 a couple months after release.

Metal Gear Rising was the only one in recent memory that put a substantial amount of OST as a bonus for buying the game. Even that was missing the vocal tracks for boss songs though.

Is it just me or is ranked completely non-functional in Xrd? I made extensive use of it in BB (across each version), P4, UNIEL. But in Xrd it doesn't seem like anyone is using it, instead favouring the lobbies since that's where you're booted to first.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is it just me or is ranked completely non-functional in Xrd? I made extensive use of it in BB (across each version), P4, UNIEL. But in Xrd it doesn't seem like anyone is using it, instead favouring the lobbies since that's where you're booted to first.
I play ranked I tend to boot it up then go to training mode

Riposte

Oh shit, didn't realize Guilty Gear was 49.99. I just happen to have that much credit (after Sony screwed me over by charging me for PS+ twice). Bought. (Can't really play it for another week though...)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Honda with that Aerial Recapture tech ala Killer Insinct (and Seth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSAYQH72fsE

That is cool.

When I pick up Ultra I'll go back to Honda every now and then just for that.

Kudos to Capcom, it's really outside of the realm of Street Fighter with some of the stuff, and I love it.

Except for making Tostada Press & Q-bomb worse for Omega Fuerte, screw that.

So, I'm having a weird issue.

Been trying to play Ultra on PC today, but the right direction on my stick keeps not registering, but only during matches. I can go into training mode, and move around just fine, see the input being registered on the left, everything is all good.

But the moment I get into a match against someone, I'm unable to move right, jump right, holding down back (with back being the right direction) doesnt block and only seems to register as down, etc.

I would say it's time for a new stick, but the whole working offline/in training just fine thing is really tripping me up. Anyone ever experienced this? Or is it just straight up time for me to retire my original SF4 TE? :[

Sounds like you have to hit the switch on the top-left of the stick that lets you choose Left Analog, D-pad or Right Analog from what you're saying.

I really wanna get Guilty Gear but I'm in the just about no money due to Christmas gifts vortex

And all the gift cards I'll be getting for Christmas will be going towards games coming out next year

At least I got free Elphelt if/whenever I get Xrd lol

Ultradavid : "Man I need to find the bracket for Capcom Cup real quick"

Chen : "Well whatever you find online isn't going to be right anyway because of the whole paper bracket thing..."

Ultradavid : "... yyyyeeeeeaaaaaaa"

yeah lol. we didn't intend to go into it just because we didn't see much of a point. they used a different type of bracket system for the paper one than for the online one. that was dumb, i'm sure they won't do that again, but it wasn't shenanigans. wasn't as interesting as the rest of the stuff we wanted to talk about.

FSLink

Banned
Still waiting to receive my copy of Xrd from Amazon. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week?...

Anybody want to play online in Smash Wii U? Customs on preferred.

xCobalt

FGW | Where are the fucking PS4 fightsticks?

I plan on complaining about this here or there until I figure out a solution.

When USF4 does eventually come out for PS4, I'll definitely be looking for a new stick or have my current one modded if its much cheaper. It's hard to justify $200 on the new MadCatz stick especially after shipping and taxes.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Bomb isn't permed for anyone that's wondering.

8KFOvbv.png

Edit:

enabled theater mode in twitch...
8KFOvbv.png

Horseress

My god Omega Deejay is SO MUCH BETTER than the regular one. It's the truth! And by "the truth" I mean he should be like he is in omega

Kimosabae

Banned
Isn't Perfect Pivot known? The problem I found while messing with it is that it leaves you in Back Turned state when using it as an approach. So the "Perfect Pivot Grab" he demonstrated is a bit disingenuous, if my understanding is correct.

Like everything else, I'll wait and see if and how the scene adopts it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just want a PS4 stick, Markman plz.

I got kind of desperate and went looking for the Japanese Xrd stick but that might have been delayed too.

The Japanese Xrd arcade stick by Mad Catz was available at launch. The ASW X Sanwa version was delayed and just started shipping this week.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
When USF4 does eventually come out for PS4, I'll definitely be looking for a new stick or have my current one modded if its much cheaper. It's hard to justify $200 on the new MadCatz stick especially after shipping and taxes.

If you order from the Mad Catz store it's free FedEx ground shipping if you're in the continental US.

If you order from the Mad Catz store it's free FedEx ground shipping if you're in the continental US.
If I ordered the PS4 Xrd stick, do you know when it might arrive? I know Twitter said January, but I'm wondering if that's more like January 31st, or January 1st. I really want to purchase a Madcatz stick, but circumstances that are out of your hands are making it difficult. :p

Rhapsody

Banned
Perfect pivoting has been known for a while. Its not really like wavedashing though. Its much harder and doesn't provide nearly as many options.

Yeah, I know, and I don't mean to reveal it as a revelation. Honestly it's not going to flip everything around, but people aren't applying enough of it yet.

Still waiting to receive my copy of Xrd from Amazon. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week?...

Anybody want to play online in Smash Wii U? Customs on preferred.
dude nobody here plays Smash any more, it's all about Street Fighter or Guilty Gear now :p

pretty sure this thing was discovered almost 3 months ago lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If I ordered the PS4 Xrd stick, do you know when it might arrive? I know Twitter said January, but I'm wondering if that's more like January 31st, or January 1st. I really want to purchase a Madcatz stick, but circumstances that are out of your hands are making it difficult. :p

Depending on when you ordered, the Guilty Gear Xrd one is shipping to customers next week. If you're part of the second batch, that will arrive by mid January (if not earlier).

It really sucks about the port strikes at LA/LBC. It is really affecting a lot of business across the board.

Nice, haven't seen any resellers taking orders or taking anymore orders anyway for the ASW one. Pretty pricey though.

It was extremely limited and presold out almost instantly. I bought it just for the collection :p

Busaiku

Not playing as Bridget in Guilty Gear is gonna feel surreal.
Wait, it's just gonna sit on my shelf.

Actually know, I'm probably gonna read story mode.
Does it have a summary of Guilty Gear 2.

Top Bottom