• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Prototype

Is the Smash exodus that real?

Man the fallout from Brawl didn't even seem that bad, and SSB4 is so much better than Brawl.
I traded my copy in for Xrd.

I just can't take Smash seriously, no matter how hard I try. It's just a party game to me but I have mario kart 8 or munchkin for when people come over.

K.Sabot

Is there a reason Arc is still issuing DMCA for XRD's story? It's a thing in the game that is released in North America as of December 16th.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems a lot of top players are disinterested in Smash 4. That's the impression I get. But they will have to play it if Nintendo goes in and they want a piece of the pie. I think I'll stick to playing it offline with friends and family. I can't stand the Wii U's online system. Friend's code and all that crap is stupid and needs to go.

Seems a lot of top players are disinterested in Smash 4. That's the impression I get. But they will have to play it if Nintendo goes in and they want a piece of the pie. I think I'll stick to playing it offline with friends and family. I can't stand the Wii U's online system. Friend's code and all that crap is stupid and needs to go.
I would be very surprised if Nintendo actually did that
when Nintendo drops that 500K from Amiibo sales, niggas will start practicing Diddy REAL quick
lmao

FSLink

Banned
There aren't any Friend Codes on the Wii U. Voice chat support leaves much to be desired however.

Can Diddy Kong's Amiibo learn to do dthrow uair bullshit?

Village

I traded my copy in for Xrd.

truvz9q.gif

Kumubou

Is there a reason Arc is still issuing DMCA for XRD's story? It's a thing in the game that is released in North America as of December 16th.
They've always been super uptight about certain content getting around, including story mode content and hitbox/sprite data. Hell, you'll probably get a copyright notice for putting up BBCT's story mode.

K.Sabot

Ya, that's right. Sorry it makes you mad, confuses you.

Had Xrd for less then 2 days and I've had more fun with it in that time then all my time in Smash.

I agree with the sentiment, Smash 4 doesn't feel good to play competitively for me. Me and my friends only played it as long as we did because we wanted to feel like we got our money's worth. We straight up avoided playing melee for the first couple of weeks because we knew we'd probably not go back.

CO_Andy

I think I'll stick to playing it offline with friends and family. I can't stand the Wii U's online system. Friend's code and all that crap is stupid and needs to go.
After experiencing the awesome GAF lobby in Mario Kart 8, Smash feels like antiquated dinosaur due to that one missing feature. Great game otherwise.

You still playing that game, Q?

fader

ASW has always been cagey about story mode. Its nothing new, even in their BlazBlue series they took down vids on YT dealing with story.

K.Sabot

There's no hostility on GAF, that's an instant ban.

But GAF is master class in how good they are at being passive aggressive.

Kalamari

I think the steam winter sale begins tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers for USF4, Skullgirls, and other fighting game sales.

Prototype

I don't see the issue.

Now that I think about it: trading/selling my WiiU could possibly fund a PS4 Arcade Stick and a copy of Xrd.
Because of best buy gamers unlocked program I essentially got all my money back that I paid for Smash, so it worked out nicely for me. Paid 48, got 45 back for it

Kumubou

I think the steam winter sale begins tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers for USF4, Skullgirls, and other fighting game sales.
Didn't we just come off the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale? I swear all of those games were just on sale. The real sales got lit up when Russia's currency tanked and Valve locked out RU/CIS gifts.

NEO0MJ

Just because Dahbomb got juniored doesn't mean he got permabanned, mods often say that's not true. Or maybe it's a lie.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Gaf is a strange place. a gaming forum where having an opinion is banned. imagine that shit

having a lot of fun with console xrd. if you dont play this game you are missing out.

for xrd players in US, how is the delay/netplay experience so far?

Azure J

Seeing everyone in the Xrd OT having fun and realizing that my LE is being held hostage is killing me. Also doesn't help that Elphet's character portrait is staring me in the face every time I check my recent purchases on PSN.

Riposte

I rather be banned than be juniored. If I knew the jokes threads I wanted to make would only get me banned, I'd have made them.

Prototype

Seeing everyone in the Xrd OT having fun and realizing that my LE is being held hostage is killing me. Also doesn't help that Elphet's character portrait is staring me in the face every time I check my recent purchases on PSN.
I just DL her, she is really fun.

Jazz-ism

Banned
am i reading this correctly? all this net drama over a fucking DmC games OT?

for real?

(im actually asking)

This speaks to me

yeah i rarely post outside of certain threads now. some of the dudes on this forum....lawd jaja

its soooo far from pre 2009 srk which is what i desired.

actually m'ellis, i wanted to comment on what you posted last week about DC and the accountability stuff. I like a lot of your points and while I get that the point is we should be in a place where we can self manage, it would have really hit home had you said some names and gotten specific. again i know that wasnt the point but when you speak about specific instances but then avoid naming, it guts the article or writing of aggressiveness, which comes full circle because the issue with the community is passive aggressiveness in this regard. other than that, cheers as always. How is Kit looking?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm waiting on the LE as well. 23rd is the release date, right? I didn't want to buy another copy of the game, but I'm starting to wish I had.

kasane

Is it me or was daigo intentionaly dropping combos to fish for counterhits. He did it vs justin and michael tan

nah he proabably just drops it

Jazz-ism

Banned
Is it me or was daigo intentionaly dropping combos to fish for counterhits. He did it vs justin and michael tan

nah he proabably just drops it

top players never drop combos: they only do resets

thats what capcom player commentary has taught me

Rhapsody

Banned
Is the Smash exodus that real?

Man the fallout from Brawl didn't even seem that bad, and SSB4 is so much better than Brawl.

The fallout was pretty bad. Lots of Melee players were hyped but felt let down. But Brawl gathered a lot of new players though. Melee made Smash really popular competitively, but it was hard to enter and compete well against those that were really dedicated. Brawl was their fresh start.

Smash 4 feels more like it just gathered the existing fanbase instead spawning a ton of new ones.
Plus, Smash 4 mostly builds upon Brawl, so it's not exactly the same fresh start like Melee to Brawl.

Jazz-ism

Banned
if you have watched any smash recently and have any doubt that they are just going to end up going back to melee and PM after next APEX and EVO you are -insane-

I think persona was fun but scrubby, but Xrd is prob most fun and best game ive played since kof13

Pappasman

I'm trying to learn Makoto but damn this character is hard. I know the basics, but as soon as I start to get pressured I fall apart. I'm not going to give up though, this character is too cool.

am i reading this correctly? all this net drama over a fucking DmC games OT?

for real?

(im actually asking)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143764024&postcount=1112

tldr: when a mod makes a last-word post on GAF you don't contest it, and you definitely don't complain about it in another thread. Even if you don't agree with it or want to share your side of the story because you felt it was unfair, etc.

Discussing mod policy is razor's edge material. AFAIK you don't even see posts like this unless a lot of posters start openly wondering if they're going to get bopped next, which is what happened.

Top Bottom