• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Depending on when you ordered, the Guilty Gear Xrd one is shipping to customers next week. If you're part of the second batch, that will arrive by mid January (if not earlier).

It really sucks about the port strikes at LA/LBC. It is really affecting a lot of business across the board.
Yeah, this should be a big cash-in period for you guys. Really unfortunate.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not playing as Bridget in Guilty Gear is gonna feel surreal.
Wait, it's just gonna sit on my shelf.

Actually know, I'm probably gonna read story mode.
Does it have a summary of Guilty Gear 2.

It's all in the database, so if anything comes up you dont understand wtf is going on and the word is highlighted you can press triangle to read up on that subject

Beats

Perfect pivoting was found pretty early on the 3ds, but it wasn't really worth learning there because of the controller. It's a bit harder than wavedashing though and your back is turned if you approach with it. Took me like an hour to get the timing down somewhat consistently whereas wavedashing took maybe like 10 minutes lol.

Not sure if it's really a huge gamechanger, but I think it's a somewhat useful spacing tool. I don't think it's really worth trying to do online though, so I mostly use it offline when I play against my brother.

Azure J

Is the DLC GG character available on PSN yet?

Yeah, I downloaded it (set it for preload?) earlier.

I'm glad to see someone stepped up and put out a video explaining this especially after it was discovered on 3DS previously. It looks good, but it definitely doesn't have the utility of wave dashing (specifically in precision platform landing situations) just because of it being initiated by a dash input.

dude nobody here plays Smash any more, it's all about Street Fighter or Guilty Gear now :p

:lol

By the way, do you play Smash?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is the Smash exodus that real?

Man the fallout from Brawl didn't even seem that bad, and SSB4 is so much better than Brawl.

petghost

Banned
Man I haven't played much xrd yet but one thing that sticks out is that some normals feel really stubby compared to the past...like it's hella easy for venom to get pushed out of range of his sweep off like 2 normals. Also feels like there is less neutral space to set balls...is this the change from 4:3 or something?

.la1n

What seems to be people's issues with Smash 4? I don't follow the competitive community very closely but I've ejoyed the 3DS version quite a bit.

Coda

I honestly haven't even touched Smash 4 since a few days after launch. It just doesn't do anything for me and I just kept getting laggy matches online (granted I didn't have the ethernet adapter). It's a fun game but I don't really feel compelled to play it, unless people come over and want to just play some casuals.

SF V I know is maximum hype for me because I'm all about dem big models and silky animations. :)

Azure J

YO SPOOKY

Edit: Twitch streams as a whole are blowing up? I just thought this was a move against the obnoxious stream monsters in the chat.

Rainy

Banned
Damn, something is happening with Twitch since all the streams are lagging and Spooky just shut off the stream until it gets better.

Rainy

Banned
Hm I just checked other streams and it doesn't seem to be lagging. Hm hope it stops and Spooky starts up the stream again.

I think he was pissed about all the chat whining. He seemed pretty tired also.

@teamspooky: No stream today too many problems on twitch. See you next time.

MrDaravon

Sp00ky's stream was lagging pretty bad for me. Other streams seem to be fine. No idea.

But yeah I tuned in late (but before the tournament started) and he honestly seemed pretty grumpy, moreso than usual when he's occasionally grumpy. Entirely possible he wanted to just get out of there. Not a big deal, feel kinda bad for the folks that showed up to actually get a Marvel tournament going though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trying to infer what happened to Sp00ky on stream via the FGW reaction is a puzzle within itself. Sp00ky just having a bad day and being frustrated, I guess?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think he was pissed about all the chat whining. He seemed pretty tired also.

@teamspooky: No stream today too many problems on twitch. See you next time.

Damn, RIP

Trying to infer what happened to Sp00ky on stream via the FGW reaction is a puzzle within itself. Sp00ky just having a bad day and being frustrated, I guess?

I guess he just doesn't want to deal with it and Mahvel was coming back too...

Yeah, it's extremely well done. I wonder how expensive SFV is going to be. That level of quality for the animation cannot be cheap lol.
That's more an issue of talent than it is money; Capcom's been doing fighters and analyzing martial artists for decades.

I wouldn't be surprised if they visited and observed real martial artists regularly like Yu did for Virtua Fighter.

Beats

Man the fallout from Brawl didn't even seem that bad, and SSB4 is so much better than Brawl.

A lot of people are still playing it on gaf (the OT is mostly just "1v1 wanna play?"), and it's still getting decent to pretty good amount of entrants at tournaments. It is a lot better than Brawl, but we'll see if it holds up in the long run I guess. I like the game, but some parts of the game's mechanics do bother me (though I guess I could say that about most fighting games I like lol).

I'm referring to this thread exclusively, because you know it's true :p

(Smash 4 should have a similar or slightly longer lifespan than Brawl....I think)

Top Bottom