• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Jazz-ism

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143764024&postcount=1112

tldr: when a mod makes a last-word post on GAF you don't contest it, and you definitely don't complain about it in another thread. Even if you don't agree with it or want to share your side of the story because you felt it was unfair, etc.

Discussing mod policy is razor's edge material. AFAIK you don't even see posts like this unless a lot of posters start openly wondering if they're going to get bopped next, which is what happened.

thanks. wow thats...sad... i read this and just think its pathetic on both ends. who gives a fuck about who makes an OT...like is it that prestigious or something to some people? at the same time, if dahbomb caught feelings he should be able to express that. gaf takes itself -WAYYY- too seriously sometimes man...its a game forum not a concentration camp

K.Sabot

Nah it's a concentration camp, where we all concentrate on not getting banned! *insert Kappa*

Now fighting games, Leo looks pretty fucking boring.

The Light

Didn't know OT making was that serious.
Also can't believe asw is allowing the dlc to be cross-buy. Figure they wouldn't miss out on the chance to get people to double dip.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I feel like I might get banned for making light of the OT situation... I'll keep my comment to myself. Save us Shouta! ;_;

Also, when will the first sponsored capcom pro tour tournament be happening? There has to be a tournament happening in January and if there is, everyone will be there in full force to get those points and get that bread.

His toolkit is crazy stacked. Rekkas, DPs, i-frame rush supers, counterstance that beats everything that isn't a throw, air-to ground enders, restands... A decent midrange projectile that gets ugly when YRCs are involved... etc.

Jazz-ism

Banned

dont pull that man...esp in a thread that discusses EMP, Esports and random other shit 50% of the time...

i agree on Leo tho. He hits like a truck but he seems really gimmicky to me. im more hype about the colors honestly.

Question: How do yall feel about Capcom basically manipulating the grassroots events to fuel their own event, and how do yall feel about the Capcom Fighters stream stealing views from Sp00ky?

tumblr_ngrgzsXq5P1tezp50o1_1280.png

Dural confirmed for MKX

Rainy

Banned
According to Challonge here are some NLBC results:

USF4 (Smug wasn't there)
1) Shine
2) Sanford
3) Coach Steve
4) Dieminion
5) Kbrad
5) Dragongod

UMVC3
1) Kbrad
2) Flux
3) Noel Brown
4) Coach Steve
5) Fooblat
5) JRosa

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shine finally beats Sanford and we couldn't see it.

Wow really? Good stuff on Shine, I know he's grinding hard with Yang and Gouken. Good to see we're getting some new names up there at NLBC. I was kind of tight since Spooky said there was enough entrants for Marvel today and he stopped streaming.

K.Sabot

dont pull that man...esp in a thread that discusses EMP, Esports and random other shit 50% of the time...

i agree on Leo tho. He hits like a truck but he seems really gimmicky to me. im more hype about the colors honestly.

Question: How do yall feel about Capcom basically manipulating the grassroots events to fuel their own event, and how do yall feel about the Capcom Fighters stream stealing views from Sp00ky?

As long as non-compliance does not mean possible negative things a-la nintendo, I think Capcom USA has handled the grassroots events feeding into a different event quite well. Event streams need to use hosting though because having to switch to CapcomFighters after the rest of the games for top 8 damages the viewer numbers for Ultra.

Shouta

charlequin stated the reasons for what happened with Dahbomb. Carefully read it, think about what's being said and then if you have a question why it occurred, then PM a mod to ask why. There does not need be further discussion about it within this thread.

Jazz-ism

Banned
As long as non-compliance does not mean possible negative things a-la nintendo, I think Capcom USA has handled the grassroots events feeding into a different event quite well. Event streams need to use hosting though because having to switch to CapcomFighters after the rest of the games for top 8 damages the viewer numbers for Ultra.

lmao..."Teamsp00ky is now hosting Capcomfighters"

so backwards but so appropriate

Sayad

Didn't know OT making was that serious.
Also can't believe asw is allowing the dlc to be cross-buy. Figure they wouldn't miss out on the chance to get people to double dip.
You're not looking at the big picture, they're giving up on the chance to make people double dip on the DLC to convince more people into double dipping on the game. ;p

I hope there are alternative controllers out for the PS4 by the time BBXrd arrives.

I refuse to touch Slayer in Xrd because I'm going to cry when wake up Dead on Time's don't work every time like they did in AC+R.

EDIT: I love Leo's lines during his Instant Kill. It's deliciously over the top.

Jazz-ism

Banned
man im still trippin that dudes actually feel themselves on OT creation. dont get me wrong we see people do nice work on some and they def deserve a pat on the back. but damn! ppl really bucking up their e-ego over something like that? thats wild to me

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/545431434606182401

@KBradJStorm: JUST BEAT FLUX 3-0 in Grand Finals HOLD THAT L FLUX!!!!!!!
Now everyone say it with me
#FLUXSUX
#BodyBag
#DEVILMAYCRY
#TrishIsLife

https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/545440497255596032

@KBradJStorm: Wow what is life? I beat Flux to win Marvel and Shine beat Sanford 2 sets to win Ultra? WHY COULDN'T THE WORLD SEE THIS LOL
#NLBC101

Man, Kbrad is an entertainer. Incoming FT5 between him and Flux. Hold on a moment... Has Kbrad even won a major in Marvel?

Shouta

man im still trippin that dudes actually feel themselves on OT creation. dont get me wrong we see people do nice work on some and they def deserve a pat on the back. but damn! ppl really bucking up their e-ego over something like that? thats wild to me

If you actually read/look into the posts and read charlequin's post, you'd actually understand why it went down. Do that and stop discussing it in this thread.

Jazz-ism

Banned
If you actually read/look into the posts and read charlequin's post, you'd actually understand why it went down. Do that and stop discussing it in this thread.

my b i guess...i thought i was talking about something separate from that but duly noted

Shouta

ok, instead tell us entrant numbers for every game at PNR :p

I'd have to go fishing for the numbers. I don't handle that stuff, I do onsite and player stuff.

my b i guess...i thought i was talking about something separate from that but duly noted

It may technically be a slight tangent but it's still from that discussion. In addition, it's also the wrong conclusion as to why stuff went down like it did.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The new stick

Nice, I'm saving up money myself so I can buy me a PS4 stick and dual mod it to play on PC if I do need to dual mod it. I'm pretty sure Capcom Pro Tour tournaments are going to be played on PS4's provided by Capcom correct? I wish Haunts would post a bit more often to answer questions like these to see if there is even a possibility of it happening.

Hosting is a good feature that should be used more often.

Rainy

Banned
WNF USF4 tourney starting soon. All the usual WNF names there (Chris T, Brett, Iansanity, Filipinoman, also Mike and Gootecks) except Snake Eyez. 78 players, it's gonna be a looooong night.

kasane

Nice, I'm saving up money myself so I can buy me a PS4 stick and dual mod it to play on PC if I do need to dual mod it. I'm pretty sure Capcom Pro Tour tournaments are going to be played on PS4's provided by Capcom correct? I wish Haunts would post a bit more often to answer questions like these to see if there is even a possibility of it happening.
Ps4 sticks are just plug and play

Heck my hori and madcatz on ps3 are just plug and play on my pc

smurfx

get some go again
WNF USF4 tourney starting soon. All the usual WNF names there (Chris T, Brett, Iansity, Filipinoman, also Mike and Gootecks) except Snake Eyez. 78 players, it's gonna be a looooong night.
30 for TTT2 as well. today is the last WNF at this location so i'm guessing it's the reason for the big turn out.

Top Bottom