• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

It's netplay, you can never be sure if the person you are playing is sandbagging or not. There is always a chance that they are just messing around and not taking it seriously.

Edit: Sure you can make guesses based on performance and past experience against that player but you can never know. Hell they might have just passed the controller to someone else.

xezuru

Anyone use Livestreamer to view twitch streams and the like through like VLC?
I use a UI branch of Livestreamer and it just randomly started not working I heard the twitch API might have changed stuff wasn't sure if it was just me.
The UI was super useful to not have to deal with default livestreamer bullshit, and playing it through VLC got me seeing things at max resolution being super smooth without dealing with flash hogging up my comp resources and crashing on me like shit.

fader

I use a UI branch of Livestreamer and it just randomly started not working I heard the twitch API might have changed stuff wasn't sure if it was just me.
The UI was super useful to not have to deal with default livestreamer bullshit, and playing it through VLC got me seeing things at max resolution being super smooth without dealing with flash hogging up my comp resources and crashing on me like shit.

why have i never heard of this before!? o_O

WarRock

I don't use any UI, but there were some problems with twitch changing shit a couple of weeks ago and updating Livestreamer solved it.

xezuru

Guilty Gear Xrd's mission mode seems like an admirable tutorial.

Yeah, a friend of mine who is a casual enjoyer of fighting games was playing the demo and streaming and I was really surprised at how the tutorials actually TEACH, ACTUALLY TEACH, you usage in the game. Apparently the missions as you say adds a thicker layer on top of that.

Riposte

Yeah, a friend of mine who is a casual enjoyer of fighting games was playing the demo and streaming and I was really surprised at how the tutorials actually TEACH, ACTUALLY TEACH, you usage in the game. Apparently the missions as you say adds a thicker layer on top of that.

Yeah, stuff like hit confirm practice. That's where I left it off at.

I'm too busy. Haven't even played a real match yet. Once the next two days are over though...

Pappasman

Just saw this on twitter. Not sure if it has been discussed though,
EVO2014Numbers.png

Infiltration playing some Ultra at twitch with Scar
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme

Wow, Bobby took a round off him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
One of the mission modes I tried actually has two ways of beating it and they tell you the other one letting you know it's a more advanced way of dealing with it.

The original tells you to block Zato's block string and then snuff Eddie when he get's summoned.

The optional way to beat it that they tell you is to Just Defend Zato's 2S then instant air dash in for a punish.

By far the best tutorial if they go to the lengths of teaching stuff like that

Azure J

Weird request but bear with me:

Does anyone have any footage of someone going absolute HAM with Sol's Dragon Install in Xrd?

petghost

Banned
Weird request but bear with me:

Does anyone have any footage of someone going absolute HAM with Sol's Dragon Install in Xrd?

if kusoru still plays xrd he would be the one...he went ham with dragon install in the old days when it was fucking terrible.

.la1n

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thank you ATP live

I know I'm about ten years late on this but just got the chance to finish the episode. Even knowing that you guys mentioned the end being great I did not see that bitch calling coming. Shit was hilarious. Aris really needs a GAF account pronto.

Rainy

Banned
I'm confused are we talking about Capcom Cup or EVO? lol regardless both ended at a good time for me but I'm west coast so I could understand if it ends too late in EST or in Europe

CurlyW

It's not pointed out on the chart, but the Evo stream actually went offline briefly in-between Marvel and Street Fighter Top 8s, which led to the precipitous drop viewers. If that hadn't happened, I think SF might've topped Marvel's total.

It's not pointed out on the chart, but the Evo stream actually went offline briefly in-between Marvel and Street Fighter Top 8s, which led to the precipitous drop viewers. If that hadn't happened, I think SF might've topped Marvel's total.

Every year it's the same excuses, and every year Marvel is still #1. I'm sure the results will be the same even if Marvel was last.

Top Bottom