• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Village

Where is the omega move list, maybe I'm blind I don't think they show them in the game.

Also Balrog cancel turn around punch

Ah man i'd kill to see a Yipes reaction video for the DMC4SE announcement.
w5ShC.jpg
It would be this.

With Cody's recent buffs, expect to see a lot more zonk(or bingo punch, whatever you prefer) combos now. I did some testing and training mode and well, just look at the numbers lol.

Basic 3 Bar Punish
Neutral Jump HP-Towards MP-Close MP-Crouching HP-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 499 Damage, 812 Stun. Without Towards MP it does 501 Damage and 810 Stun

4 Bar Corner Combo
Counter Hit Close HP-EX Bad Stone-Close MP-Crouching HP-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 564 Damage, 962 Stun.

Character Specific 4 Bar Corner Combo
Counter Hit Close HP-EX Bad Stone-Close HP-Crouching HP(Character specific and insanely tight timing)-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 593 Damage, 1042 Stun. Note this works on Zangief and T-Hawk, yes, you can almost stun them with one combo!

Also found Level 3 Zonk in the corner can link with EX Criminal upper without FADC, although the timing is a little tricky. Can also FADC Level 3 Zonk into Ultra 1, but it is character specific and has tight timing, no numbers yet. Cody still has his weaknesses but the new combo capabilities and overall buffs to Zonk and EX Criminal Upper certainly help. Will return with more and some stuff on Blanka's changes.

Omega Ryu's MK tatsu hits crouchers. Why didn't they give him this for Ultra? And man he does so much fucking damage. Many of his specials do way more damage than it does now. And those 2 bar specials do a ton of damage. Fuck FADC, I'm going to try and sneak in that new EX axe kick with Evil Ryu whenever I get the chance in Omega mode lol. Over 500 damage and 750 stun off a combo into reset.

Is there something going on with throws in Omega? Seems on some,they slide a little, away from you, when they get tot he ground. Maybe I am seeing things.

Azure J

She got a headbutt move that works as an armor breaker and can be used in combos, looks like you can link after it as well. She also got a move (qcf+k) that lets you cancel normals into damn near everything. The ex version is crazy. You can do just a standing fierce ex cancel into ultra 1, and gives a different 9 hit version of the ultra.

Tanden Renki only needs two bars to activate now (more makes it last longer), and improves most of her stuff, and turns her FADC into a parry style move, her forward dash has more range, her back dash gets crazy fast. Oroshi gets a fucking leap, all fukiage hits standing standing, hayate gets 1/2/3 hits.

Holy. Shit.

M4IM949.png

He has returned.

HOLY. SHIT.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Capcom Cup was awesome, Haunts. Also be sure to bug Capcom to do some rollback netcode for SF5.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. It was a little rough around the edges from my standpoint but overall really pleased with how everything came out and gave me a point of reference in terms of what to improve for next year.

The great thing is we now have a pretty cool platform to use next year in terms of production for CPT that can scale in a lot of different ways so I'm really excited. Need to get some rest for a while though before all that. lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is the CPT at the end of year still gonna have 8 players to fight it out or will it be increased to 16? I only ask since 500k is being injected into the scene.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. It was a little rough around the edges from my standpoint but overall really pleased with how everything came out and gave me a point of reference in terms of what to improve for next year.

The great thing is we now have a pretty cool platform to use next year in terms of production for CPT that can scale in a lot of different ways so I'm really excited. Need to get some rest for a while though before all that. lol

Who's your main in SFV?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Is the CPT at the end of year still gonna have 8 players to fight it out or will it be increased to 16? I only ask since 500k is being injected into the scene.

We haven't gotten that far yet but we're taking all of the community feedback into account for next year for sure. We need to do our own post-mortem here internally and see what we come up with.

Top Bottom