• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Anne

Depending on my life situation I'll more than likely be at Evo. I might not even play, but I will support Persona, hell I'm trying really hard to get Persona support going now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh right, one more day until loketests start for Xrd 1.1.

Was there any notes yet?

Ogawa for Evo isn't a lock, it'll depend on NWM (and the patch) though, I guess.

Gonna have to contend with FAB though, probably.

Zato vs Ky isn't that rough even if it's GG God Ogawa the match up I'm pretty confident in doing well. However fighting Potemkin sucks with this version of Ky

Depending on my life situation I'll more than likely be at Evo. I might not even play, but I will support Persona, hell I'm trying really hard to get Persona support going now.

Play persona!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anxiety disorder makes tournaments hard for me, just being real as to why I don't compete. I will play the JPs and anybody else in sets and take money that way though.

Shouldn't that be worse? xD Though I guess climbing a huge ladder is a bit different than something more direct.

Anne

Shouldn't that be worse? xD Though I guess climbing a huge ladder is a bit different than something more direct.

It's the waiting and the uncertainty that gets me really, moving through brackets to get where I want is ahhhh. Plus I don't like tournaments that much and I have people issues. I'd rather just play the best of the best and push the game to its limit. I'm more about the game than I am the tournaments.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's the waiting and the uncertainty that gets me really, moving through brackets to get where I want is ahhhh. Plus I don't like tournaments that much and I have people issues. I'd rather just play the best of the best and push the game to its limit. I'm more about the game than I am the tournaments.

I can understand that :p Tournaments are fun and intense but nothing is better than doing long sets with the best of the best.

Nope. Nothing yet.

I haven't registered for Evo yet. Will probably do so within the week. Xrd and P4U2 are pretty much sure things. I want to enter at least a third game, I just need to decide on which Smash.

Play the smash you enjoy the most. I prefer 4's style over Melee so that's what I would pick myself.

Nope. Nothing yet.

I haven't registered for Evo yet. Will probably do so within the week. Xrd and P4U2 are pretty much sure things. I want to enter at least a third game, I just need to decide on which Smash.

obviously you should enter both ;)

and don't go 0-4 Kappa

Anne

I can understand that :p Tournaments are fun and intense but nothing is better than doing long sets with the best of the best.

Yup! Plus the JP are starting to interact and follow us a bit closer on social media and it seems like it'd be a hell of a time. They've been fun, like when Shikki saw me call him a Narukami god on twitter he laughed a bit and asked "If I'm playing Minazuki now, does that mean god is dead?" Then went on to seem happy to get the praise though. Aguro has been extremely helpful in getting things back and forth between us, and guys like Okusan have been around a bit.

Zissou

How did I go so long without mapping a second button to H so I could plink H into itself?! Empty cancel reverb shock into fireworks and neutral game weasel shot are now 1000x easier
shout outs to full schedule- extra buttons all dayyyyyyyyy

I feel a LITTLE bit guilty doing it though...

The last tournament I went to was the first time I didn't have any jitters. I was pretty calm and collected for most of it (until I took that L to Riceata FUUUUUU) after that I was pretty much rattled by the L tbh

Rhapsody

Banned

Play the smash you enjoy the most. I prefer 4's style over Melee so that's what I would pick myself.

obviously you should enter both ;)

and don't go 0-4 Kappa

I might try and enter both. I love Melee, but there's a lot of catching up to do. Smash 4 relies a lot on fundamentals, so I think I can enjoy myself regardless on how much I practice. And I hope I don't go 0-4 for Smash lol.

Late on this but I've already signed up for Evo, entering Smash U, USF4, and P4AU, no Marvel this year.

Should have some neat stuff to announce in regards to Evo soon, hopefully!

I dunno if anyone in the thread would know what it is, but if you do, keep quiet!

Late on this but I've already signed up for Evo, entering Smash U, USF4, and P4AU, no Marvel this year.

Should have some neat stuff to announce in regards to Evo soon, hopefully!

I dunno if anyone in the thread would know what it is, but if you do, keep quiet!

damn no final justice this year?

Anne

Btw Smed if you wanna learn Rise you can do it with me :> I'm messing with a few dif chars looking for somebody to play when Aigis is in downtime.

Maybe if I really want to I'll pay the extra $10 at some point to add it on, but last year I didn't really enjoy it enough.

I'm in the same situation with both Marvel and Persona. Specially Persona.

I genuinely enjoy the game, but getting absolutely destroyed two years in a row by people that will only be better this year while my only way of training is a local scene of people that I can count in one hand and not-good-enough international netplay it's really really hard to motivate myself for it.

Good luck.

I'm gonna probably need it in SF4. I'm way more confident in Smash since I use a top-tier decent character, I just have to practice against rushdown. Shame that everyone in For Glory doesn't know how to do it right, aside from one or two people a week.

Rhapsody

Banned
Loketest pdf is out right now. It's in Japanese, but click the DL link if you're curious
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1386

Xie also tweeted this out
Skimming the changes real quick, Blue Burst state now forces Red RC (as expected), but they increased the input buffer length for stuff too?
https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/562906111259721729

So basically this removes the YRC OS to blow up bursts. Supposed input buffer length increase surprises me though.
Elphelt's grenade: -Has a hitbox that can be attacked -Misfires if Elphelt is hit -Blows up immediately when it touches a projectile
https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/562907166240436224

Rhapsody

Banned
Wow, the Zato nerfs I'm reading on DL. Slower gauge recovery (when killed). Also puddles can be erased by attacks. Zato players have to manage things better.

Edit: Remember these are all loketest stuff. Not things that'll make it into the final version.

fubarduck

Registered for Xrd, P4U2 and Tekken 7.

Keeping up with my 14th consecutive Evo (perfect attendance!), but this will be the first Evo that I don't enter a Street Fighter game. I love SF, but SF4 is 7 years old now. I'm ready for something new. Bring on SF5!

Elphelt's grenade: -Has a hitbox that can be attacked -Misfires if Elphelt is hit -Blows up immediately when it touches a projectile

;___;

Wow, the Zato nerfs I'm reading on DL. Slower gauge recovery (when killed). Also puddles can be erased by attacks. Zato players have to manage things better.

;___;

ArcSys pls

Elphelt:
f.S - the attack level is reduced from 3 to 2.
Pineberry (236P) - now has a hitbox before the explosion, can be pushed away by enemy attacks; when Elphelt is attacked, she no longer explodes; when it clashes with a projectile, it now explodes on the spot.
Bridal Express (214K) - both ground and midair versions now have increased proration.
Miss Confire (236S) - now launches the opponent higher on counter-hit.
Miss Travalier (236HS) - the amount of tension gained with the reload is decreased from 200 to 100.

ARCSYS PLS ;____;

Zato changes

I may mistranslated some stuff so correct me.

- Puddle can be erased by attacks.
- Puddle summon consume from Eddie's gauge.
+ Dead man hand is now 214D
+ Dead man hand does more damage.
+ Does even more damage when Eddie gauge is low.

+ Great white knock back decreased.

* Great white scale 80% damage.

- YRC time for break the law was reduced.

- Eddie gauge refill slower than before.

-- Eddie gauge doesn't recover during special moves (ouch!)

- It says Deadman's Hand does more damage when you have more Eddie gauge left. Also, you didn't mention but Deadman's Hand now has more untechable time.

- Eddie gauge recovers slower when Eddie gets destroyed by the opponent's attacks. If you deplete the gauge, refill is the same as before.

- It only says Eddie gauge doesn't recharge during Awakened Special Move (a.k.a. Overdrive) animations and some other moves.

Back to KOF maybe? This is SF4 all over again. I don't want SF4 all over again.

Sayad

Are people seriously crying about the strawberry nerf, lol?!

Xrd IS comparable to SF4, though the neutral got more aggressive(and interesting imo) now due to YRCs. So, there's that at least.

Kimosabae

Banned
Nerfs, nerfs, more nerfs.

I mean, I DO get it but... it's still Guilty Gear. Not sure what's going on with Zato, but the nerfs mostly seem to make his neutral weaker, but his oki will still be beast just due to the nature of the character. Zato shines through setplay, anyway.

Elph needed to get knocked down a peg. On the flip side of Zato, her neutral is completely braindead, with stronger setplay than him. Isn't right. She'll still be strong, she just won't be as indiscriminate. It'll make Elph players better.

Nice! So far confirmed are Tokido, Mago, Nemo, Xian, Snake Eyez....am I missing someone? Solid line-up so far

I'm going to guess that Daigo is invited. Tokido and Mago point to MadCatz players going and even without madcatz, I'm sure Daigo would be invited because he's Daigo. We'll have to wait for confirmation though.

Feeling like I should've joined more games at Evo just for shits.

Only went for SF4. Feeling like I should've tried for at least Smash 4. Maybe even MK10.

maybe I might even try out some anime down the line.
nah im playin but still

is it too late wizzy?

Top Bottom