• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Tripon

EVO is just getting too big for the ballrooms on the strip. They probably have to rent an actual convention center next year.

Exr

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/12/my-review-flying-allegiant-air-for-the-first-time/
http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/aviation/tiny-allegiant-air-thrives-low-costs-high-fees

Looks like they charge for stuff like using your credit card or putting a bag in the overhead compartment. They try to make up profit windfall by massive advertising pushes while on the flight. Also, according to an article, their seats don't recline.

If the flight is short though, it may be worth it... I might be annoyed by people shouting nonsense over the loudspeaker at me though.

Well Allegiant Air is hella cheap but I've heard they charge extra everywhere so I don't know but the base for them is like 300+ for 2 people where it's like 750 for other airlines. Allegiant also has a flight from Fresno too where the others require a stop.

That seems to be the best option if we can confirm Allegiant isn't total ass and make sure Q is taken care of on the plane.
I fly Allegant when I go to Evo. Planes are small but I'm 6"1 and I have room to stretch my legs out. My flight is short too so it really isn't too bad. Just make sure when you book to check the screens thoroughly, there are a few extra things you can opt out of that saves you cash if I remember right.

let's start testing FGC players for PEDs!

1 month bans for 5-hour energy drinks. 1 year bans for prescription drugs that give you concentration powers!

notworksafe

Registered for Evo on Sunday.

Trying to get a travel advisor to help with getting a decent flight and use of the hotel discount code.

Staying at the Bally's.

Last time I checked it was actually cheaper to not use the code by about $10 a night. I got Fri-Mon for $450 as opposed to $492 with the code.

Manbig

The bards will be singing about the Aris vs Nemesis rivalry for ages to come. Truly, it was a battle of legends.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah Bally's is just running a big sale for the new year. The price has gone up since I bought mine so they are probably about the same price.

That being said, still salty about no free shirt Wizard. You fucked up son.
We should all understand how expensive EVO is for Mr. Wizard and the Cannons. At this point it would take nothing short of them giving out free cars Oprah-style to get people to play KoF XIII, and we're just not that eSports yet :(

Tripon

s1y8yc4.jpg

Super Saiyan Armada

Azure J

Also, this is the most hilarious fucking KO I've ever been on the receiving end of in a fighting game by far.

3:37 is fucking hilarious to me. I actually tested a Pine Berry misfire on myself in training mode earlier in the day to see if it would kill me by setting P1 health to 1 and holding on to it. Seeing as it didn't, I thought the game just didn't do that to the Elph player. Fast forward to here and my brother (who thinks its totally sound design that the bomb counts down during long supers) triggers the snipe super and I'm there cooking a bomb that doesn't detonate until the exact moment block stun ends on my faultless defense, ending the round.

10/10 ArcSys.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I need to get into Ultimax since I love the Persona series but Xrd is taking up my precious time! Faust for days.

vulva

Last time I checked it was actually cheaper to not use the code by about $10 a night. I got Fri-Mon for $450 as opposed to $492 with the code.

hmm, I got thurs arrival, monday check out for 440 with the discount code.

Count: I usually book my flight about a month and a half before EVO. Seem to get the best prices around then. Last year, after taxes, I paid 498 CAD round trip out of Pearson. If you're short on cash, it might be cheaper to catch a greyhound/megabus to Buffalo and fly out from there. Also, with our shit dollar, it might be a bit more expensive in general to fly to vegas this year.

I'll shoot you a PM if I see a crazy deal on a flight though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
where's the outrage when kadey makes a mcrib comment?

I thought that was an joke that Wizard started himself? I remember someone asking where it came from but that's all and just assumed it was just a joke based on a comment of his. Hell, other people have been using it too, Kadey isn't the only one.

vulva

I thought that was an joke that Wizard started himself? I remember someone asking where it came from but that's all and just assumed it was just a joke based on a comment of his. Hell, other people have been using it too, Kadey isn't the only one.

notworksafe isn't the only one to make fat jokes.

alfredenewman.jpg

hmm, I got thurs arrival, monday check out for 440 with the discount code.

Count: I usually book my flight about a month and a half before EVO. Seem to get the best prices around then. Last year, after taxes, I paid 498 CAD round trip out of Pearson. If you're short on cash, it might be cheaper to catch a greyhound/megabus to Buffalo and fly out from there. Also, with our shit dollar, it might be a bit more expensive in general to fly to vegas this year.

I'll shoot you a PM if I see a crazy deal on a flight though.
pls, tell me any opportunities you find

vulva

pls, tell me any opportunities you find

will do. I managed to get a flight for Feb that goes from Pearson to LA then from Vegas to Pearson for 437 and I think my friends who are meeting me in Vegas landed theirs for 460. So that's hopefully gonna be the going rate.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So ummm should I win Xrd at EVO this year? I mean I could if I really wanted to. I haven't removed my limiters in 6 years though.
I'm being sorta serious haha

Shouta

Ogawa for Evo isn't a lock, it'll depend on NWM (and the patch) though, I guess.

Gonna have to contend with FAB though, probably.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Open the Eight Gates, brah

It seems you haven't accepted the fact that its ended. If you need help, we can get it for you.

Ogawa for Evo isn't a lock, it'll depend on NWM (and the patch) though, I guess.

Gonna have to contend with FAB though, probably.

I was planning on going to NWM but the damn plane ticket is too much for my pocket! Curse you for holding it so far away Shouta!

Top Bottom