• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

I'm kind of surprised that GG Xrd's getting such big balance patch. The balance changes I'm seeing from Elphelt and Zato are the type of things I'd see in an actual new game, but maybe I'm forgetting how games like BB were patched.

Funny how Elphelt and Zato were the first ones to have translated details; I'm sure they're the ones people wanted to see changed the most. In any case, I await seeing how every character got changed. Will Potemkin rise to his Accent Core level? EDIT: Uh...maybe not.

Sayad

For a new game I'm expecting new moves/mechanics, this seems fine for a balance patch. Bigger changes than USFIV to USFIV 1.2, but less than AE to 2012.

Sayad

Millia's nerfs:
6K - Attack level is reduced from 4 to 2.
Dead Angle Attack - the motion is changed, now blows the opponent sideways on hit.
Digitalis (214K > HS) - the untech time on counter-hit is increased; the recovery is increased from 23 to 26 frames; P1 changed from 80 to 75.
Winger (2141236HS) - the opponent now rolls along the ground rather than getting wall-bounced on hit; the forced proration on hit is now removed, P1 is now 90, and the last hit reduces the R.I.S.C. Level by 15.
Nothing too big, no more free ring set up after Dead Angle, but that was bullshit so it's fine, so is the 6K nerf. Her biggest nerf though comes from system changes, Burst bait OS is gone, and Blitz Shield now causes stagger even if you BS a projectile if the character is near, depending on how far the character have to be for this to work, it might be a bigger nerf for Ky than it is for Millia!

Was wake up BS a one or two frames window?

pixelish

Nice! So far confirmed are Tokido, Mago, Nemo, Xian, Snake Eyez....am I missing someone? Solid line-up so far

I'm going to guess that Daigo is invited. Tokido and Mago point to MadCatz players going and even without madcatz, I'm sure Daigo would be invited because he's Daigo. We'll have to wait for confirmation though.

it will be a shame if poongko does not get an invitation for the tournament. he is definitely an (unofficial) ambassador of redbull in the fgc.

Hopefully next year I'll finally get to go to Evo, missing this year due to money(I'm about to graduate from college, so money is a little more important atm) and the week prior to Evo I'm getting a wisdom tooth removed. Being at a huge event like that when my immune system is going to be wrecked seems like a bad idea, but I'll have an excuse at least to be a bum and watch the stream all weekend. Still its something I would absolutely love to do in the future.

I played a bit of Capcom vs. Snk 2 recently, as I absolutely love that game, and you know what? For as much shit as we give about the balancing of SF4, I have to say, personally, it is pretty damn impressive in its own right that they have managed to balance Blanka out as mid-tier, T-Hawk matchup non withstanding of course. Thinking about how hard is has to be to balance him has to be a hell of a challenge, as it could easily swing to far in either direction.

Examples would be Cross Tekken, where for the most part he is basically useless, for instance the changes to his electricity plus the auto combo system straight up destroys its use and utility. The other extreme is Capcom vs. Snk 2, where as much as I love the game and Blanka as a character, even I have to admit he is flat out broken, most notably when using A groove, its absolute nonsense what he is capable of.

So yeah, why we can still give Capcom shit on some of the changes, and rightfully so, the fact they have made Blanka be viable and not worthless or straight up broken, is something I am pretty happy about. Even if Crouching MK is arguably to strong in its current iteration. Which is not something you would normally hear a someone who mains him say.

Beckx

Anyone else checked out the new Rise of Incarnates release on Steam?

The game's in a lot better shape than the beta, but it still doesn't seem that fun.

Downloaded but won't open it until I have time to actually play, don't want to waste the free period on the characters.

Early reports aren't encouraging.

Decided that I'm going to be going to a tourny this Saturday

new DBZ game comes out today

priorities

nvm its only out in Japan

time to get my train on. havent played since the last tourny due to feeling burned out.

I always come back stronger after a little time off IMO.

are dbz games considered anime?

inb4whoishetalkingto.gif

Azure J

Oh thank you based god. I thought the Elphelt changes were going to be MUCH more violent than that. They addressed a lot of stuff I thought they would and actually somewhat fixed one of the more annoying things (no exploding when I'm hit holding berry). Run and gun bride is still in business! :D

Edit: What does "attack level" stand for and f.S dropping from 3 to 2 means what exactly?

it will be a shame if poongko does not get an invitation for the tournament. he is definitely an (unofficial) ambassador of redbull in the fgc.

Luffy
Didn't Chuchu the Brasil player receive his already?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1551919218381533/

16 players will have the chance to compete during Red Bull Kumite :

- 14 guests among the best competitors in the world on Ultra Street Fighter IV video game (Japan, Singapore, USA, Brazil, UK, France).

- The 2 best players of Kumite Open Tournament, that will take place the same day, will be able to win their ticket.
This tournament is limited to 128 participants with no country limitation (worldwide access).

According to this, nobody from Korea will be invited so that leaves Poongko and Infiltration out unless they qualify in the open tournament. Chuchu isn't confirmed, but we're guessing he will be invited because it says a Brazilian player will be invited. Same goes for Ryan.

Azure J

Normal block stun went from 16 to 13, for one. LegatoB just linked to it: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Attack_Attributes_(GGXRD)#Attack_Level

Oh OK. Wow, she really made it out more than well enough. I was totally expecting a lot of stuff like a big shotgun blast damage scaling/startup nerf, berries losing their initial hitbox entirely, Miss Contille's max charge time (for unblockable shots) increasing, and changes to her forward HS/far S buttons.

hitsugi

Of course Elph and Zato....

...they'll still be fine though. I just loathe balance changes so early into the game.

Nyoro SF

I knew that Milia dead angle nerf was coming. I couldn't believe that when I first saw it, you give the best oki character in the game a close-by hard knockdown on dead angle?

I'm sad about the Elphelt nerfs but I think it will still be possible to do regular oki with the grenade just by altering the knockdown timing. I think the meter nerf to her shotgun is 100% fair but I noticed they didn't do anything to the chip which is good.

As long as they don't touch c.S. Finally, I have a button for assholes that like to jump around above my head. Have some champagne son.

Azure J

I knew that Milia dead angle nerf was coming. I couldn't believe that when I first saw it, you give the best oki character in the game a close-by hard knockdown on dead angle?

I'm sad about the Elphelt nerfs but I think it will still be possible to do regular oki with the grenade just by altering the knockdown timing.

I think the meter nerf to her shotgun is 100% fair but I noticed they didn't do anything to the chip which is good.

I legitimately can't see why her nerfs are anything bigger that quality of life changes. Nothing about her base game play style got changed, they just got rid of cheese like loose grenades combo breaking an opponent Hidden Missiles style or even generating a combo situation for the Elphelt player.

Far S having less blockstun is going to be a "need to see it in motion thing" but it doesn't sound like a dramatic reduction.

Meter gain on shotgun pumps/blasts isn't a big deal, you were only doing those for big overall damage or corner knockdowns into berry bomb oki setups with sniper rifle.

Bridal Express proration is on damage or hitstun?

Edit: Almost forgot, lol Millia. Her Dead Angle was one of the silliest fucking things ever.

Anne

LK is streaming talking about the GG loketest. It's a loketest first off, 2nd off most of the changes are pretty sane for an ASW loketest. Nothing major changed character wise, system changes are interesting.

Skab

I really want to go to Evo this year, and actually can afford to, but I don't have anyone to go with and am not sure I want to go alone. :[

Decisions decisions.

where the tournament at?

A&C's Monthly Northern Battles. Gonna be my first time going, don't know how many people are going to show up because were supposed to get 10cm of snow again. There's a 2v2 team tourny too.

I really want to go to Evo this year, and actually can afford to, but I don't have anyone to go with and am not sure I want to go alone. :[

Decisions decisions.

you play SF?

vulva

A&C's Monthly Northern Battles. Gonna be my first time going, don't know how many people are going to show up because were supposed to get 10cm of snow again. There's a 2v2 team tourny too.

you play SF?

any idea what time that's happening? I'm stuck at work til 3 =\

Rhapsody

Banned
CvS2 is the only game Blanka is top in. He's usually bad or bad to middling.
Hyper Fighting he was good. One of the best iirc.
LK is streaming talking about the GG loketest. It's a loketest first off, 2nd off most of the changes are pretty sane for an ASW loketest. Nothing major changed character wise, system changes are interesting.

Agreed. There's only a bit of some stuff here and there I think that are overboard (Split Ciel buff on Ky and Ram's sword changes nerf).
Plus people are acting like all of this stuff if for sure making it into the final build.

Some of my proposed wishlist of changes actually made it on how I wanted them. So, neat. lol

Skab

Why not hang out with the other Gafers that will be there?

I would happily do that if I end up going alone!

you play SF?

I do. (If I go I would also enter MKX and maybe Smash 4 as well.)

Azure J

Hyper Fighting he was good. One of the best iirc.

Agreed. There's only a bit of some stuff here and there I think that are overboard (Split Ciel buff on Ky and Elphelt's sword changes nerf).
Plus people are acting like all of this stuff if for sure making it into the final build.

Some of my proposed wishlist of changes actually made it on how I wanted them. So, neat. lol

Buh? They gave Elphelt a sword now? We Dante again.

PogChamp

They already have 3 Japanese for the Red Bull Kumite. I still want to see Momochi, Daigo, and Kazunoko get a invite as well. But I don't think they're going to invite that many from a single country regardless of skill. Gotta some some spots for other countries just to make it a more international event instead of Topanga World in France.

Rhapsody

Banned
Buh? They gave Elphelt a sword now? We Dante again.

PogChamp
Oops, I meant Ramlethal lol
You say that but wasnt CP2 about the same from loketest to final version?

Some yes, but not all ASW loketest changes match. I just hate the cry of nerfs so early on, making casual-competitive people just drop the game on what they heard at times. The list probably doesn't cover all the changes too.

Top Bottom