• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Riposte

SF fans will hate it because it has 'party game' elements in the game
Melee fans will hate it because it is not melee enough

SFxMelee will be the flop of the century.

If it's good, people who will play anything with SF in its name will keep on playing it.
People who will play anything with Smash in its name will keep on playing it.

Decent sized audience combined.

Exr

No it means you don't have to like every character in a game to play it. Hearing people bring up a few characters then say NAH DONT LIKE THE GAME BECAUSE THESE CHARACTERS always sounds stupid
When did I say they ruin the game for me? I said I dont like their designs. Your reflexive, militant defence of it makes me smile though. I have been a longtime fan of GG.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
darkstalkers is awesome. victor has a command grab that uses his ass. what's not to like

What happens if Victor and Faust ever fought and Faust did his scalpel super :O
When did I say they ruin the game for me? I said I dont like their designs. Your reflexive, militant defence of it makes me smile though. I have been a longtime fan of GG.
Uh
As a guy who finds all those characters representative of everything in anime I dislike Ill gladly stick to Darkstalkers.

And it's not just that I'll jump on anyone that has that type of attitude towards anything. It just sounds childish to me. Though yes I'm well aware the act of jumping on someones case over it is childish in itself.

Infinite

No it means you don't have to like every character in a game to play it. Hearing people bring up a few characters then say NAH DONT LIKE THE GAME BECAUSE THESE CHARACTERS always sounds stupid
Remember, If I don't like it that means it's pandering to someone else

Darkstalkers did the monstrous theme really really well over the years. Even Lilith's design at least makes sense if you look at it as her being the more innocent part of Morrigan.

Nowadays it's like everything is muscular, voluptuous, petite or over-designed just for the sake of it. Not talking ASW specifically here.

Well that makes more sense than throwing out this blanket "anime" term at design.

Come on guys, I expect you to be better than Minibossbattle

What happens if Victor and Faust ever fought and Faust did his scalpel super :O

Uh

And it's not just that I'll jump on anyone that has that type of attitude towards anything. It just sounds childish to me. Though yes I'm well aware the act of jumping on someones case over it is childish in itself.

he is undead so idk

Remember when Capcom made ASW make a fighting game for them?

188930-945774_101399_front.jpg

Basura X?

Exr

"Sticking to Darkstalkers" was with regards to character design. I edited my post and made a point of saying I like GG otherwise. Guess you didnt see the edit before you jumped on me for not liking what you like.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Sticking to Darkstalkers" was with regards to character design. I edited my post and made a point of saying I like GG otherwise. Guess you didnt see the edit before you jumped on me for not liking what you like.

But I don't really care for any of those designs outside of Ramlethal not being bad in motion.

Hell I fucking despise the outfit Makoto wears in BB and that's who I main.

Exr

Your likening me to a child afraid of cooties made it sound like you were defending them. You misunderstood what I wrote boyo. GG is still cool to me.

CPS2

I have sbx. When I bought it I didn't quite realise that nobody else I would ever meet in my life would ever consider purchasing it. Money well spent.

Anne

I play and watch kusoge more than most people here and I don't even mess with Basara X. I do watch Tougeki footage of it though.

Cannes Winter Clash trailer is up and it's so coooooool ! http://youtu.be/G_e85OolKh4

ASW did fine with HnK, though animation was not that good

ae01748cd3800be097faf2e0221cfe71HokutonoKen_12.jpg

The game was fun to be honest.
But the real stupid thing about this game is they forgot that when reducing the invisible ground bounce bar to zero, they had to BLOCK THE VALUE at zero and not let it go UNDER zero where it does the opposite of what they wanted. :')

Kumubou

The game was fun to be honest.
But the real stupid thing about this game is they forgot that when reducing the invisible ground bounce bar to zero, they had to BLOCK THE VALUE at zero and not let it go UNDER zero where it does the opposite of what they wanted. :')
Part of me always thought the basketball combos in HnK were intentional, as they were not even the first ArcSys game to have them! It's a throwback all the way to the original GG (which is broken in ways I don't think any human comprehends). It honestly makes me wonder how much of the stuff we consider to be bugs were intentional decisions (or at least left in there intentionally) by the developers.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nintendo needs to go ahead and make Melee HD tbh.

My friends have been fervently discussing it, its almost sad seeing Melee players believing Nintendo still cares about them. The only reason they sponsored APEX was cause they knew Melee players would buy all of there stuff so they sponsor it and get to put all of their things in there.

L M A O @ No Marvel

DEAD GAME IS DEAD.

Why would they when all of there players are horrible? Hell, I'm surprised Lapchi still does Marvel when all the players that make it to top 8 wouldn't even make it out of pools in an American tournament for Marvel.

Top Bottom