• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
so then you have 1 billion to play with. 100 bucks should be nothing right?

Top 8 is nothing. I'm talking about winning the whole thing. Other than Infiltration, I don't think the rest of them can do it. Wao himself is most likely to do better than the rest of them based on U.S not ever playing an Oni nearly that good. So he has that going for him.

vulva

Top 8 is nothing. I'm talking about winning the whole thing. Other than Infiltration, I don't think the rest of them can do it. Wao himself is most likely to do better than the rest of them based on U.S not ever playing an Oni nearly that good. So he has that going for him.

So anything but getting first is getting destroyed? Make up your mind here! Why not just say in your original post that you think Infiltration will win it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So anything but getting first is getting destroyed? Make up your mind here! Why not just say in your original post that you think Infiltration will win it?

Whatever. Stop trying to talk to me about some fucking bet thats never going to fucking happen. STFU. I dont give a flying fuck about betting with you and I made it clear the first time.

Busaiku

Capcom Cup isn't the same environment, but regardless, I forgot about that anyways.
Outside of Evo last year, he's often placed outside of top 8s.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That being said, if Kbrad is there, Infiltration's chances are lower. Everything depends on who runs into who. There is no clear cut winner.

in what world are we living in that a top 8 placment in a major with tons of killers/sharks means nothing?
and you can't say us players are not familiar with oni. when sanford has been hitting every tourney recently and playing him at a high level.

other than that. i agree. infiltration and gamerbee has the most international experience and will probably do very well.

what surprised me most aboot wnf last night. was michael tan and wao's lack of experience against velocirapter's gouken zoning game. are there no goukens with good zoning game in japan?
i mean. getting hit my air fireballs. and kongo counters. multiple times. and wao's inability to punish gouken's demon flip parry had me scratching my head.
they had a really hard time in the neutral game and getting in on rapter's gouken.
and we all know. knocked down gouken/pressured gouken is a dead gouken.

it was interesting. to say the least.

Bet you 100 bucks wao gets top 8

i'm not gonna bother betting for reals on here cause that leads to lol, but in person i would be willing to bet that wao will not make top 8

nothing against wao at all, when topanga b league started i talked him up as being a threat to not just get into a league but to win a league too. but there are only a couple people in this scr field who i would actively bet on to get top 8. just too many good players!

Dahbomb

Thanks to Decard Cain no one wants to bet on FGW anymore... except Vulva and myself I guess.

Vulva I will take your bet for $5. Wao doesn't make top 8 at SCR. I don't know much about AE or Wao but I am feeling real AMERICAN right about now!

vulva

Thanks to Decard Cain no one wants to bet on FGW anymore... except Vulva and myself I guess.

Vulva I will take your bet for $5. Wao doesn't make top 8 at SCR. I don't know much about AE or Wao but I am feeling real AMERICAN right about now!
Cool, 5 sounds fine *shakes*

Horseress

lol

TeamSleepy.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
in what world are we living in that a top 8 placment in a major with tons of killers/sharks means nothing?
and you can't say us players are not familiar with oni. when sanford has been hitting every tourney recently and playing him at a high level.

other than that. i agree. infiltration and gamerbee has the most international experience and will probably do very well.

what surprised me most aboot wnf last night. was michael tan and wao's lack of experience against velocirapter's gouken zoning game. are there no goukens with good zoning game in japan?
i mean. getting hit my air fireballs. and kongo counters. multiple times. and wao's inability to punish gouken's demon flip parry had me scratching my head.
they had a really hard time in the neutral game and getting in on rapter's gouken.
and we all know. knocked down gouken/pressured gouken is a dead gouken.

it was interesting. to say the least.

I mean making a bet on him making top 8 would be nothing since he's one of the people most likely to make it that far. Odds are highly in that favor. Not anywhere did I say making top 8 means nothing in general.
And one, Sanford doesn't travel to west coast tournies, two, his Oni as good as he is, is nowhere near Wao's level. Wao took on Topanga and did good. Sanford would get eaten alive in the same scenario. The best Oni on west coast works for our favorite fighting game company and got perfected by Yam of all people. But like I said in a previous post, this is first time in the U.S and with various other factors, they may affect his performance. He could be intimidated by Floe and be nervous all weekend for all we know.
SCR is so full of AE killers that the winner will be determined by who runs into who and who doesn't run into who.

Kumubou

"I don't even know what happened, I was half-asleep dreaming about Kamui when I woke up and just pressed some buttons, but it worked out in the end", said a dazed Mr. Sanchez. Shorty thereafter, Mr. Sanchez was observed falling asleep in the spectator's area, mumbling something about subscribing to his Youtube channel.

Hooooooooly shit :dead

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly the strongest thing about Zato right now in this version is the fact Eddie spawns where you drilled, that's a really really really dumb thing to give him :lol

Marz

Honestly the strongest thing about Zato right now in this version is the fact Eddie spawns where you drilled, that's a really really really dumb thing to give him :lol

Any idea on early Xrd meta game? Who's looking like the strongest characters at this point?

Horseress

Insta-Kills are preeetty rare in competitive GG right? Because man, most of them in xrd are AMAZING! If I see someone doing a Faust IK during EVO 2016 I'll lose my shit forever

Shouta

i'm not gonna bother betting for reals on here cause that leads to lol, but in person i would be willing to bet that wao will not make top 8

nothing against wao at all, when topanga b league started i talked him up as being a threat to not just get into a league but to win a league too. but there are only a couple people in this scr field who i would actively bet on to get top 8. just too many good players!

Damn. Deckard on blast.

So, what games are you commentating? AE and SFxT?

vocab

Insta-Kills are preeetty rare in competitive GG right? Because man, most of them in xrd are AMAZING! If I see someone doing a Faust IK during EVO 2016 I'll lose my shit forever

You would see aba get insta killed because well... aba. And you would see pot insta kill quit a bit if someone gets fucked up badly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any idea on early Xrd meta game? Who's looking like the strongest characters at this point?

Everyone

Characters that stun easy and have fast IK's or characters that get stunned easy typically lead to IK's

Jam and Slayer do instant kills for days

Edit: I'm waiting for someone to master bedmans stupidity

Anne

Not really a lot to go on. Faust/Eddie are top with Axl hanging in there, while Chipp/Pot/I-No are hanging around the bottom. Everybody seems pretty good though and it's so early and there's a really new engine and lots of changes. I have no real idea how this is gonna turn out and don't believe anybody who says they do >.>

Is there some video showing this stupidity? I mean, he already looks stupid, but...ya know

Not a lot of truly stupid shit. It'll be there though.

Coda

Cool, might check it out to see if I can stream more than just PS3/PS4 stuff.

I recently watched Starslay3r's review on youtube on the device and the opinion she had was that the streaming was a bit problematic. Things may have changed/improved since that video but from what I've seem the Elgato Game Capture HD looks like a better bet for beginning streamers with a really helpful application. I did however notice that the new Xsplit game edition of their program only currently supports the Avermedia device but did say they would be adding devices to that list soon.

Top Bottom