• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

Horseress

then Shaq himself starts supporting the FGC, donating to the pot and going to tournaments.

"what's up guys this is spooky, now we'll have the top 8 for Shaq Fu 2, and now I'll pass the mic to Skisonic and Shaquille O'Neal, have fun"

then Shaq himself starts supporting the FGC, donating to the pot and going to tournaments.

"what's up guys this is spooky, now we'll have the top 8 for Shaq Fu 2, and now I'll pass the mic to Skisonic and Shaquille O'Neal, have fun"

We don't need mumble mouth Shaq on da mic..Shaqtin a fool, FGC edition would be cute though.

One of my favorite things in marvel is when raccoon puts the mine super on the ground, then starts a combo and drops them onto the mine later as part of the combo.

TheChits

Oh man that trash talk in the background
KuGsj.gif

You know what guys, I want Floe to play more dark souls, so he can get ready for Dark Souls 2, he played it ONCE back in 2011, and hasn't touch it since at all. I am sad he hasn't gave the game another chance at all.

But, because of that one stream, I made a highlight reel a while back showing off all the stupid shit that happen during floe's one stream of dark souls back then, and I think he needs to play more because I found SOOOO many funny ass moments during it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YAaLJC8V0

K.Sabot

The one time I found and was able to challenge floe on stream, I bodied him.

He's gotta hold that.

Edit: I still want floe to play papers please.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You know what guys, I want Floe to play more dark souls, so he can get ready for Dark Souls 2, he played it ONCE back in 2011, and hasn't touch it since at all. I am sad he hasn't gave the game another chance at all.

But, because of that one stream, I made a highlight reel a while back showing off all the stupid shit that happen during floe's one stream of dark souls back then, and I think he needs to play more because I found SOOOO many funny ass moments during it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YAaLJC8V0

Is he seriously trying to parry the asylum demon's attack? Never change floe, never change.

4r5

Honestly the strongest thing about Zato right now in this version is the fact Eddie spawns where you drilled, that's a really really really dumb thing to give him :lol

Any idea on early Xrd meta game? Who's looking like the strongest characters at this point?

Zato's Drills leaving a spawn point for Shadow is really awesome. But waiting till frame data before I call it dumb. In AC+R, all blockstrings canceled in to Drill, save for Heavy>Drill, are punishable by most of the cast. So a blockstring into Drill YRC summon should be just as punishable. The wrinkle would be whether he's summoning at the drill or at himself. At the very least, an IAD backwards will get you away from Zato and Eddie.

At this point, it's not what character is strong, it's what player is strong. No doubt matchups will develop. Especially once console hits and people get a decent training mode. But I really like what they are doing with Xrd.

The XX series have been around for over 10 years and has evolved through 4 designers each with their own style and philosophy. Not to mention the other fighting games ArcSys have made. A lot of rights and wrongs have been made over the those years, and it shows that they've learned from them.

What I'm really liking about Xrd is that they are moving power away from characters and putting it in to the players. There's always this arms race of what character can get the best FRC's or ForceBreaks or whatever. AC Slayer is a pretty good example of this. His ForceBreak, Big Bang Upper, for 25% meter it extends combos (like an FRC) and deals damage (like a super). That's a lot of value for just 25%, not alot of characters get that at even 50%.

FRC is power bound to characters. YRC, all characters get them on all their moves, and for mixups only. YRC power is bound to the player.

Want to more damage on your combo? Now always costs 50%, whether you RC or super. This really evens out the field. Earlier Guilty Gears had problems with FRC's giving certain characters alot of extra damage at half the cost of everyone else.

A lot of the stuff diehards are complaining about dumbing down the game actually opens the game up for more characters and more players. Like the slowdown on RC's. Yeah, sorry you no longer get free "mixups" on inexperienced players. Now you actually have to do a mixup, cause everyone is going to know a mixup is coming. And slowdown making RC combos easier? Yeah, they do that, and they also give more characters a chance to do combos. Like, pre-AC Axl couldn't covert his long range pokes in to bigger damage. If the Axl player was doing really well, he might never get a chance to use his meter at all. Not unless he wants to switch over to rushdown or do something really gimmicky. In Xrd, a full range counterhit with standing P can be converted to a bomber loop, thanks to the slowdown.

I imagine in the future the tier list will be super tight, maybe even tighter than Slash. The matchups are developing in to stuff we've seen before. Valentine and Bedman (and Sin?) are unknowns, though. But Xrd basicly reset the game back to #reload, minus the bullshit, plus some spice. We've seen the matchups before, but this time there's no BS to propel a character in to the S-Tier. This is the tamest Guilty Gear I've seen since Slash, yet something as simple as Slayer having a short and a long forward dash is some of the most exciting changes I've ever seen in Guilty Gear. AC introduced some radical changes to the series, but most of the changes were in the form of press button receive power. Zato being able to summon at his drills opens up way more possible creative use and player skill than EX Skillz ever did.

Omega

Banned
what team does infiltration play?

i'm gonna guess it has both doom and vergil

He played playing on CafeID not too long ago.

It was Team Justin if I'm not mistaken.

can someone post when Runback actually starts? I'm watching NXT on WWE Network right now and Verizon sucks ass so I can't watch both

He played playing on CafeID not too long ago.

It was Team Justin if I'm not mistaken.

can someone post when Runback actually starts? I'm watching NXT on WWE Network right now and Verizon sucks ass so I can't watch both

It's on now but the tournament hasn't started yet, just marvel casuals atm

GooeyHeat

*summary of why I'm hype for Xrd*
Well said.
I will say that I feel bad for any Potemkin player that has to fight Axl. If the Axl can make space between the players, then those new stance moves basically shut Pot the fuck down, because he can do them fast enough to stop Hammerfall (I think), and it's really hard to get a Slide Head out in between them.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The fight stick ad for The Runback is glorious. All those kreygasms.

Whatever happens to you tomorrow Smedwicks, I gave Justin Wong my blessing.

Well shit man, that is going to be good watch when it gets uploaded!

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 17m
Running a FT100 against angelic right now! Dont worry im recording

Top Bottom