• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

TWILT

Banned
Only the regular FD is allowed (stupid light on that stage...)? Why not just ban certain Omega stages then?
I just wanna pick Omega Gaur Plains ._.

Beckx

I really should do that one of these days, but ugh ripping the game myself =.=

And yes, yes I do miss Polimar. Honestly, the Yatterman Casshern Sins style reboot/sequel only makes the absense of a TvC2 hurt me more D:

I really need to get on watching the new Yatterman.

Sadly the only Tatsunoko game now is Xbone exclusive. And Japan only. Enjoy that game, 5000 or so dudes in Japan.

Tripon

Wuhu's not banned because of the glitch, its banned because some of the transformations allow camping or are sudden enough to kill you.

Its the same thing with Skyloft.

That said, I'd be for the stages to be legal as well, but I understand why they're banned.

Edit: Watch this match in order to see some of the potential issues Wuhu Island would have in a competitive setting. Tourney Locator did have the stage banned, but the two players had an gentleman agreement to go to Wuhu.

http://youtu.be/jN4jgqL9ScE?t=5m2s

Wuhu's not banned because of the glitch, its banned because some of the transformations allow camping or are sudden enough to kill you.

That said, I'd be for the stages to be legal as well, but I understand why they're banned.

Edit: Watch this match in order to see some of the potential issues Wuhu Island would have in a competitive setting. Tourney Locator did have the stage banned, but the two players had an gentleman agreement to go to Wuhu.

If you're refering to Ness losing his last stock, they were warned by a huge flashy sign almost 10 seconds in advance that that was going to happen so I really fail to see an issue here.

Not better,but he was never there for money. Look at his record and see how often he stalled matches just to use u2. He played for fun. He's being nice. Could just said hop off my d***,Cuz he doesn't have to entertain you people.

I don't really care about people leaving the fgc. I don't think anyone should be butthurt over his decision to stop playing. It's completely understandable to leave behind the scene. I just think it's shit to have this "I'm better than you people" attitude which is ridiculous for anyone to have in any situation. I don't care how rich you are, who you know, etc... don't look down on people.

I really don't care about this topic all too much. This is the first time I have commented on Aqua and this particular situation. It was brought up so I commented on it.

if Delfino is legal, there's no reason for Wuhu or Skyloft to be banned, if anything I'd argue that the former is slightly better overall

also he had ~6 seconds to get in the middle of the stage

Azure J

Can we all agree that transforming stages are stupid in general

I wish if the Fire Emblem Colosseum, Mushroom Kingdom U and to some extent Mario Kart 8/Galaxy had minor tweaks to their design.

FE Colosseum: Has an actual out of bounds area/isn't a walk off. Seriously, the base stage gimmick is neat enough that it should have been the standard.

Mushroom Kingdom U: If it transitioned between the different gimmicks (rising sinking water in blast zones, the Super Mario World expanding and retracting blocks) it did while retaining the neutral (Acorn Forest) look, it would have been the best 2D Mario stage in the Smash series free.

Galaxy: Make the planet smaller and introduce a larger pit area. Add two planets or the faceship that would travel slightly above orbit. If you break out of the orbit of the planet, you drift depending on how high your damage is. You can recover by entering the orbit of the faceship/planetoids then jumping back to the main "stage"

Kart 8: Just get rid of that one walk off near the finish line.

pixelish

aqua might want to make a state of the union address video on what actually happened

AquaSilk ‏@AquaSilk529 6m
I might have to make a video. Some of the comments I read are ridiculous...where do some of you come up with this stuff lol

EDIT: uh oh he deleted the tweet

Horseress

I've been out celebrating my birthday this weekend (I'm 28 yo today yaaay me), so..

Congrats Karst!

And holy shit Tekken went full anime on that intro video

shaowebb

Playing some Tatsunoko vs Capcom right now. Been so long I forgot that Ken the Eagle actually did have teleports in this game. He was an odd input character. He had these boomerang projectiles that were good but they were back/towards inputs like Guile and he had teleports and dash attacks but both were shoryu motions.

Playing the guy I get the feeling had he not suffered from "spiderman inputs" he would have been much more popular and higher on the tier list. His teleports weren't DMC or Wesker tier though. He could port back, above (but not as close as Wesker when he ported above), and and up. The Up teleport seems to be one of the best for combos because air combos in this game didn't last forever, but you could set Ken's up to loop a bit by intentionally dropping below them in the air or using a divekick then porting back up. Nifty dude.

Also forgot how damned good it felt to play Batsu. Crescent heel to get in and his air fireballs and multiple divekicks made him feel like a mix of Wolverine/Akuma tactics all in one dude. Plus his supers hit so hard for fireballs and his team up lvl 3 was great. Literally pulled in his partner to do a two man punch on someone. Had a really fun match end just now with Batsu calling in Soki assist and dashing to setup a tricky mixup on the computer then going directly into lvl 3. Not even certain which side of the guy I hit that lvl 3 from lol. Too many bodies in a pile on top of each other when I input it.

God I missed this :)
Currently playing it on my Wii U using the disc. Haven't ripped my own disc to put it up on Dolphin and enjoy those sweet ass servers and texture mods. If it were just easier to get people setup to play this online I'd definitely be running weeklies.

not sure how i feel about this new one

the face shes making is such a turn off

iyofiAhANsUeB.gif

Currently playing it on my Wii U using the disc. Haven't ripped my own disc to put it up on Dolphin and enjoy those sweet ass servers and texture mods. If it were just easier to get people setup to play this online I'd definitely be running weeklies.

I remember the game slowing down on Dolphin when using specials for the first time, but that was a while ago. No idea whether that was fixed eventually.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
They lost the license. Shame too. Man I miss things like Yatterman 1, Polymar, and Cashern's incredible movesets.

Game looked great and oozed style.

5U1kwN3.jpg

MXGYt8I.jpg

iVJ0DBV.jpg

ZB1O8Oi.jpg

All over my face. I need to run TvC on a dolphin.

aqua might want to make a state of the union address video on what actually happened

EDIT: uh oh he deleted the tweet

I would recommend against it, knowing how hungry people can be in the East Coast. They will tear him a new one for whatever reason he states and demand refunds.

shaowebb

I remember the game slowing down on Dolphin when using specials for the first time, but that was a while ago. No idea whether that was fixed eventually.

From the stuff on the facebook page it seems fine. Theres a lot of info their now for folks who ask to help folks tweak their settings for their computers. If they can do Doronjo mirrors then their aint no slowdown on the right settings lol.

Speaking of Doronjo I had forgotten that feeling of seeing her use her super and juuuuuuust missing Booyaki and he hits the button. At this point you know the giant boulder is coming soon and you feel the "oh shit" moment building inside you. That moment when you done fucked up...been awhile. Beware the boulder.

Beckx

From the stuff on the facebook page it seems fine. Theres a lot of info their now for folks who ask to help folks tweak their settings for their computers. If they can do Doronjo mirrors then their aint no slowdown on the right settings lol.

Speaking of Doronjo I had forgotten that feeling of seeing her use her super and juuuuuuust missing Booyaki and he hits the button. At this point you know the giant boulder is coming soon and you feel the "oh shit" moment building inside you. That moment when you done fucked up...been awhile. Beware the boulder.

What I have to do is run a round and use all the moves, and then restart. After that, it's fine, and it's gorgeous.

If you find a post with settings that eliminate the need to do that, please post them. Every build I've tried, you get slowdown for a character until all the major moves have been done once.

------------------------------

Happy Birthday Horseress! Remember, don't drink and GAF.

shaowebb

What I have to do is run a round and use all the moves, and then restart. After that, it's fine, and it's gorgeous.

If you find a post with settings that eliminate the need to do that, please post them. Every build I've tried, you get slowdown for a character until all the major moves have been done once.

------------------------------

Happy Birthday Horseress! Remember, don't drink and GAF.

Huh...sounds like its cacheing them or something. Never heard of that before. I'll post it to the facebook crew and see what I can fetch ya! I still need to rip my disc so I can play it on their group, but I watch their sets a lot and its crispy.

Here's a vid of their last online set.
TvC online in Dolphin from 2-8-2015

Hoping to practice up, get into the groove and go in with them. I think at a recent tourney they did a side tourney thing in one of their rooms so I'm hoping to pitch in and play too. Hell if the Vampire Savior crowd can still be running weeklies then why not TvC?

No clue who I'll end up maining. I'm just enjoying the whole thing again.

YOSHAAAAAAA

Despite most premiere events being in NA, it will be a lot harder for NA players to qualify this year. Every tournament given a boost in prize money will mean all the international players will go to them regardless if they won a spot into Capcom Cup. How many qualifiers did Daigo go to last year? He will go to all of them to get some of that prize money. Same with teams that get a cut of a player's tournament winnings.

Last year the only motivation to go to a qualifier was to qualify for a piece of that 30k that capcom cup gave out. Now, it's to get a piece of all bonus pots given to every qualifier as well as the chance to go to Capcom Cup for the money CC gives out. It will be like every premiere tournament giving out Canada Cup type money.

Shouta

Ranking events will probably be more important than before considering the prize pool for the CPT this year.

xCobalt

Ranking events will probably be more important than before considering the prize pool for the CPT this year.

I hope they remove gaming conventions from the ranking events. It was such an easy way for top players
EG
to get points.

Malice215

Still there.

I would put Smug right behind NuckleDu and Snake Eyez. He could have took that spot by winning Apex instead of coming in 3rd place.

I don't have a problem with NA having more premier events because the alternative would be to have it somewhere outside of NA with weaker competition and somebody like a Sako would just fly there and body everyone for free and qualify. I'll reserve final judgement once an actual schedule of events is released.

Points are going to matter more than ever with the level of stakes being raised. Just wait for the players who are going to try and scramble at the last minute to qualify.

I hope they remove gaming conventions from the ranking events. It was such an easy way for top players
EG
to get points.

I don't see why they would since they're going to be at these events to promote SF, but they were also a cheesy opportunity for them boys to get easy points. Players just need to plan accordingly because it shouldn't be a surprise for this year.

Top Bottom