• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Infinite

Don't hang up on Aquasilk, dude is trying to move up the chain at Wendys.

that 6 figure yearly paycheck can't be risked by talking about dirty asses and bending over in front of a chinese man for the amusement on thousands on people on a computer
He dead ass works at Wendy's or is this a jab at him?

This is where the FGC celeb is past the info I want to know about; where they specifically work/how much they make.

Aqua lives in NYC with a good job or whatever. Let him be.

Anne

What exactly was explained? Just curious.

Basically in certain situations and mix ups you can either block guaranteed or punish him for trying certain things depending on char. Idk specifics, just a couple things. Basically risk/reward is rarely actually in his favor lol

Shouta

I can definitely see Leo being the Xrd Dudley. Rough neutral but mauls when he gets in with good damage.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Basically in certain situations and mix ups you can either block guaranteed or punish him for trying certain things depending on char. Idk specifics, just a couple things. Basically risk/reward is rarely actually in his favor lol

I heard from my anime group, apparently they're really good compared to our other groups that aren't as strong since we don't go to tournaments as often, that Leo is eventually gonna be figured out and he's not gonna be as much of a threat so people so should play him now as much as they can. I have no idea on Leo since I'm still a filthy casual playing +R until I get a PS4 but they sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

Rhapsody

Banned

Hm... guess I'll need to more research on this to figure this out. I don't have too many issues with Leo, but I've been playing the matchup rather "honest". The Risk/Reward thing sounds interesting. Unfortunately I never bought him, so never got to go indepth in where to do guaranteed punishes after his attempted mixups.

Hm... guess I'll need to more research on this to figure this out. I don't have too many issues with Leo, but I've been playing the matchup rather "honest". The Risk/Reward thing sounds interesting. Unfortunately I never bought him, so never got to go indepth in where to do guaranteed punishes after his attempted mixups.

Basicly, anything that results in back-turned Leo being close to someone turns into a rock-paper-scissors thing that's pretty much against him. Hell, currently some characters can mash him out of his stance if he so much as tries to attack inmediately after a restand.

Rhapsody

Banned
it has been...like 2 years ago when I found out and messaged him on twitter lol.
it was like my 2nd and last tweet ever

I put off twitter for a long time, but it's pretty fun when you have people you know on there.

That, and I realized there's a lot of info and discussion to be had at the right places. And I mean info on the game, not just gossip lol

I probably use it too much nowadays, but I'm too used to it.

Sayah

The Tekken intro is garbage.

You got issues.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All that barefoot raw fighting on active volcano explosions. That CG quality. Dem particles. Whoof.

superarcade from what I read is still deciding a location. They want to stay in walnut (I have no idea why), and don't want to go anywhere near Round 1 (makes sense because round 1 would crush them)

superarcade from what I read is still deciding a location. They want to stay in walnut (I have no idea why), and don't want to go anywhere near Round 1 (makes sense because round 1 would crush them)

Watson's arcade license prevents him from trying to relocate in another county, I think.

Watson's arcade license prevents him from trying to relocate in another county, I think.

really? Hmm didn't see that when he was talking in reddit awhile back. Might of missed it.

Would be cool if he took up the old FFA spot, but only because I live there and I could go lol

Rhapsody

Banned
It is. I'm trying to learn a new character to switch to atm but knife loops are hard.

Same. I've been a Len main since MBAC and I've only dabbled in only few characters in AA. CC really screwed my interest in Melty due to waiting for a console port that never came and not having a computer to run it. Now that I can play it outside of arcades/friends, learning C-Kohaku right now.

I wasn't going to use my quarters on learning this character lol

Tripon

I swear, Boss is the only guy I get really excited for when a vgbootcamp stream pops up. If this is the future for the meta than that's good, progression. My only gripe is that the other player can somehow recover with ease and it takes Boss several attempts to knock them out.

Logic (the other player) was playing Olimar, who has the 2nd best recovery behind Villager.

NA getting all the cc events bruh

fuck you japan

I'm going to assume there isn't going to be another Taito Nationals like there was last year. So with that in mind, are they really going to leave out Japan without a single premiere event? I'm going to assume SEA Major and CPT Asia will still be a thing. But really, Japan needs at least one if not two Premiere Events. If they're up for it, let the Topanga guys organize a non-invite tourney. It could be like the Taito Nationals and have qualifying events at different arcades, something like that I guess. If that doesn't happen then I imagine we'll have another case of a thousand US ranking and premiere events.

FSLink

Banned
LOL, hearing Justin Wong explain to Floe about Kingdom Hearts is hilarious.

EDIT: "Bambi is a male? No way" LOL c'mon Justin

Top Bottom