• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Rainy

Banned
At that UGC tournament in SoCal, results were...
1. Snake Eyez
2. Chris T
3. Blockbuster Jon
4. Hugo 101
5. Velociraptor
5. Commander Jesse

Chris came from losers, reset the bracket but lost to Snake in the second set 3-1.

You got issues.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All that barefoot raw fighting on active volcano explosions. That CG quality. Dem particles. Whoof.

Heihachi gonna still be fighting his son in Tekken 15

Manbig

I hope that Tekken 7 ends with Jin, Heihachi, and Kazuya all falling into the volcano's lava together. While they're at it, they should pull Lucky Chloe, Alisa, Lars, and Bob down with them.

I hope that Tekken 7 ends with Jin, Heihachi, and Kazuya all falling into the volcano's lava together. While they're at it, they should pull Lucky Chloe, Alisa, Lars, and Bob down with them.

Hasn't some equivalent of that been a non-canon ending in like the last 4 Tekken games?

POONGKO IS PLAYING SAKO AND YALL AINT SEND ME A MESSAGE? NO PMS? NO TWEETS?

YALL AINT SHIT

also, aru kappa is sending out Infil and Poongko to Cannes Winter thang

nope, elena but he was bodying poongko like 8-2.

Sako's Elena is really good. He was making everyone in Topanga look free until he faced Daigo. I think the match with Daigo made him rethink about who he wanted to main because it's a bad match up for Elena and he would have to go through Daigo to win.

He should just stick with Elena.

BadWolf

Kinda rad is a good way of putting it.. I stopped following Samsho after 5.. apparently there was a 6. Those characters need a new home D: so much style going to waste!

6 sounds like a dream match:

Samurai Shodown VI is the next installment to the Samurai Shodown series after Samurai Shodown V Special. The game features new backgrounds with 2D and 3D elements, as well as a returning cast of all 28 characters from Samurai Shodown V Special, as well as all 7 characters from Samurai Shodown and Samurai Shodown II that didn't appear in later games, and 4 new characters. It also features a "spirit select" system, which allows players to choose between six different fighting styles based on all previous installments.

Despite normal Samurai Shodown releases and distribution outside of Japan, the game has been released outside of the country on the Atomiswave system sponsored in the United States by Sega but had limited distribution. The game was released for the Playstation 2 in Japan on January 25th, 2006. The PS2 release added even more playable characters, and three more spirit select systems to go along with them. With the PS2 release, virtually every character to have ever appeared in the 2D Neo Geo games, including the referee, Kuroko, and the animal characters, are all playable. The sole exception is the courier man Hikyaku. \

mbpm1

also, aru kappa is sending out Infil and Poongko to Cannes Winter thang

Is this the part in the anime where the heroes recruit the villains to their side but it turns out that to keep the narrative tension the villains get weaker

what i mean is i wouldn't be surprised if both of them lose to louffy somehow lol

Village

Skinny or far Bob?

I actually like skinny bob better.

I like the concept of a frail fighter who has to do extra to even work far more than a fat one who has presence.

Thats why I like makoto so much, people says she's buff, but she is actually super tiny and thats why she fights the way she does. I like that, I like people having to put little extra in there and being just as effective and if not more than others

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I like the concept of a frail fighter who has to do extra to even work far more than a fat one who has presence.

Thats why I like makoto so much, people says she's buff, but she is actually super tiny and thats why she fights the way she does. I like that, I like people having to put little extra in there and being just as effective and if not more than others
You just hate fat people
Kappa

Aditya

Neo Member
Kinda rad is a good way of putting it.. I stopped following Samsho after 5.. apparently there was a 6. Those characters need a new home D: so much style going to waste!

Agreed, The Samsho and Last Blade stages are a thing of beauty. I can only imagine what a new Samsho with its amazing art style would look like with an Xrd level of quality.

Makoto is buff relative to her height.

or at least, one of the more muscled girls in series.

plus she hits so hard ;-;

fuck it i'm main-ing Makoto all week starting today.

Village

You just hate fat people
Kappa

Nah, I play hugo.

Potatoes bro

Makoto is buff relative to her heig.

or at least, one of the more muscled girls in series.

plus she hits so hard ;-;

fuck it i'm main-ing Makoto all week starting today.

Eh...in a lot of art, especial official art. she's not actually that buff , the buff ness is played up in 4 and stuff . But a lot of her art she is actually kinda lean buff. she is described as not have weight behind her attacks , her being small and lean makes a lot of sense. She's kind lean with big hands an feet.

I have always thought that was interesting. Is one of the most interesting takes on character design because of that reason.

I love it when a character size plays into moveset.

C. Viper is like that too and no one notices, She has like little to no muscle mass, she is just kind of tall and lean. Which makes sense because what she uses, and hugo just man handling people and having moves emphasizing that notion because of his high, having armor on weird regular moves and such.

These tiny details, thats what I like about fighting game characters

Nah, I play hugo.

Potatoes bro

Eh...in a lot of art, especial official art. she's not actually that buff , the buff ness is played up in 4 and stuff . But a lot of her art she is actually kinda lean buff. she is described as not have weight behind her attacks , her being small and lean makes a lot of sense. She's kind lean with big hands an feet.

I have always thought that was interesting. Is one of the mose interesting takes on character design because of that reason.

I love it when a character size plays into moveset.

C. Viper is like that too and no one notices, She has like little to know muscle mass, she is just kind of tall and lean. Which makes sense because what she uses, and hugo just man handling people and having moves emphasizing that notion because of his high, having armor on weird regular moves and such.

These tiny details, thats what I like about fighting game characters

i guess her gi makes it hard for me to discern her body type.

dem feet doe...

char_6989.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
9DMQ7ae.gif

..I love those stages, but I never noticed the floating jacket before.

Having seen pixel art being done in front of me, I feel horrible for the person who had to do this. Was it a team? Please say it was a team cause its punishing to make someone do this by themselves.

shaowebb

Holy shit things are getting heated on the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Facebook tourney community group.

Two players have been going at it for awhile and now there is talk of a money match of serious stakes. Shit is hype. Lots of talk about OG Tekkaman, Zero and Yatter 1. No clue if thats who they'll play, but this shit is loud.

I'll keep you up to date and post a thread if this goes up for the kind of stakes they're talking. Either way its looking like a FT10 is gonna happen. I just gotta make certain its either public (they mentioned EVO) or they film it.

EDIT: Okay they film everything. I'm seeing if they have the gear to stream or if this will be a recorded set.

Holy shit things are getting heated on the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Facebook tourney community group.

Two players have been going at it for awhile and now there is talk of a money match of serious stakes. Shit is hype. Lots of talk about OG Tekkaman, Zero and Yatter 1. No clue if thats who they'll play, but this shit is loud.

I'll keep you up to date and post a thread if this goes up for the kind of stakes they're talking. Either way its looking like a FT10 is gonna happen. I just gotta make certain its either public (they mentioned EVO) or they film it.

EDIT: Okay they film everything. I'm seeing if they have the gear to stream or if this will be a recorded set.

link to the facebook group nigga

shaowebb

Sounds like they'll be looking for a 3rd party to verify funds, but shit this is hype. Sounds like they are building up to a possible $2500 set. Hope this happens! TvC money match would be hype as shit. I'm staying on top of this. When the paperwork, time and date is set I'm promoting the fuck outta this. Not often you see a 5 yr old title put up a match thats this serious!

Fuck yeah grudge matches!

A fat guy would have work harder to not have a heart attack and dodge 2000 frame moves.

There is way more frail fighters. But, fuck Bob and Rufus. They just look dumb. Haha.

Nyoro SF

Looks like there's lots of logistics, apparently it's more expensive to cross the border than I thought.

I'd definitely watch a $2500 MM of any FG shyt.

Personally, I think doing it at Evo would be the better idea because of how many people would gather to watch it. Shit would be hype as hell.

Are both guys already planning to go to Evo this year?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sounds like they'll be looking for a 3rd party to verify funds, but shit this is hype. Sounds like they are building up to a possible $2500 set. Hope this happens! TvC money match would be hype as shit. I'm staying on top of this. When the paperwork, time and date is set I'm promoting the fuck outta this. Not often you see a 5 yr old title put up a match thats this serious!

Fuck yeah grudge matches!

Are you serious? I am so down for this. I need to brush up on my TvC and unlock my inner Polimar and Casshan. Praise the turkey homie.

The gi makes her look bigger, because its baggy. And yeah, street fighter already has had several art styles that make the hands and feet of their respective characters look gigantic. Its amazing how these people where shoes. I guess that why ryu is bearfoot all the time, he can't afford the kicks he want in his size. Not even championship earnings can afford jordans that big.

Speaking of fight money, there are probobly going to be a lot of security at this years capcom cup. I hope no one tries to hurt others or themselves over this fight money

Its okay to admit you like big feet, ain't nothing wrong with that Village.

Village

i guess her gi makes it hard for me to discern her body type.

dem feet doe...

char_6989.jpg

The gi makes her look bigger, because its baggy. And yeah, street fighter already has had several art styles that make the hands and feet of their respective characters look gigantic. Its amazing how these people where shoes. I guess that why ryu is bearfoot all the time, he can't afford the kicks he want in his size. Not even championship earnings can afford jordans that big.

Speaking of fight money, there are probobly going to be a lot of security at this years capcom cup. I hope no one tries to hurt others or themselves over this fight money

Top Bottom