• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

shaowebb

Damn...now they're talking to me about Paypal verifying them or something. How does this shit even work?

EDIT: Lol. Couldn't use Paypal idea to verify the funds for them. I got limits lol. Trying to convince them to show up at EVO and run it there where folks can hold the bet for em. Besides if they both want to go to EVO then even if the other guy ducks the grudge match they don't lose anything on the trip if they were already planning to be there. Hope this TvC bet happens though. I wanna see this.

Miami speed

4135851544.png

from Miami to SF

4135855445.png

.la1n

I'm jealous of everybody's internet connections, everything is butt around here. Never thought I'd miss Atlanta's internet. Although we are one of the cities getting Google fiber so there is that to look forward to.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm jealous of everybody's internet connections, everything is butt around here. Never thought I'd miss Atlanta's internet. Although we are one of the cities getting Google fiber so there is that to look forward to.

When the hell is google going to become our overlord and make MvC4?

shaowebb

My new connection (just on wireless at the moment on my computer)

4135956680.png

Holy shit...how much does that cost you a month?
Also you guys need to check out Q vs Prototype right now. That was the clutchest fucking runback by Q just now. No life and runs back half a lifebar to take the round from Proto's Millia with his Ky :D

Really wish Melty Blood was on steam.
Shit is fun.
It'd be so nice with rollback netcode and a lobby system.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that UNIEL has the best character select theme of all time.

Jazz-ism

Banned
i think it says a lot about FGC intro level information (I know it's out there, but maybe its accessibility?) if ppl are still asking how to hold a joystick in 2015

gotta do better yo

Kumubou

『Inaba Resident』;151681454 said:
Really wish Melty Blood was on steam.
Shit is fun.
It'd be so nice with rollback netcode and a lobby system.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that UNIEL has the best character select theme of all time.
Boy, did someone miss a couple of pages back. It's nice to want things... especially when they exist!
I'll be 29. I'd rather be called an uncouth niglet by D1 than be called "old".
Soon, you too will be part of Team YATO. D:

Amedo310

That said, I want to play more Xuan Dou Zhi Wang. It seems to be doing well.

XDZW was for fun for people who got their mains real quick. For me, who like to have of all the cast, it became too much trouble to unlock new characters. The money events that happened on the weekends helped a lot, but now they rarely happen due to jade studios reconstruction. Also, the rpg elements, like locking characters' max2/ neomax behind a difficult level up system, in the game were a complete turnoff.

mbpm1

Note: If playing Kimo in pools, loudly call him a crusty old man to throw him off

Don't do it Kimo is actually Michael Jai White

ggs. lag was eh, but mainly still ass right now lol. that axel move kept on owning me and I forgot his green grab thing is unblockable

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo Enzo...I may have a stream channel to submit to you soon. These TvC folks have apparently regular streams. If I get you the times and channel they'll be on each week can it go in the weekly threads?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tatsucapu/
My question for adding things to the OP is: will people watch it?

I mean I guess I could, we haven't added anything worthwhile in a while and I'm still not exactly sure what's going on with the WNF/Level|Up stream situation.

i think it says a lot about FGC intro level information (I know it's out there, but maybe its accessibility?) if ppl are still asking how to hold a joystick in 2015

gotta do better yo
Alternatively, we can keep pushing out new player tutorials, how to play x character, etc. and keep the things that limit the genre's accessibility, appeal and conventions exactly the same.

XDZW was for fun for people who got their mains real quick. For me, who like to have of all the cast, it became too much trouble to unlock new characters. The money events that happened on the weekends helped a lot, but now they rarely happen due to jade studios reconstruction. Also, the rpg elements, like locking characters' max2/ neomax behind a difficult level up system, in the game were a complete turnoff.

I thought it was a fun game but had some design flaws I didn't like. I stopped playing back when Terry, Benimaru, and King were added. Terry was hilarious on release, landing a power charge gave you a ridiculous juggle and if you were in the corner (pretty easy to corner carry with a juggle combo) he can land a stun combo off that power charge and there is a good chance you were dead, but they probably fixed that by now. King was a pretty awesome version of Ryu, in that he was quick because he had a run, and all the jump arcs of a kof character, but also Ryu's normals and some chain combos for easy hit confirms. He also had a quasi super fireball trap because he could cancel his normal hadouken into a super one. I also found some tech for him on release, dunno if it still works though. Imagine the salt if Ryu could pull this crap off in SF4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSHkdw9HtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIjXHWcdTwI

But some things I didn't like were the 2 button throws. They don't work in a kof game. It is because not only did they not do a lot of damage, or really were great at setups but in a game with alternate guarding it is really easy to make someone whiff a normal throw, even on accident and they can get an easy whiff punish. So normal throws at the time I played it were rarely worth the risk to attempt them.

Top Bottom